ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

What is wrong with a secular society??

Not secularism (which is its own religion but thats another debate for another thread etc) but a state whereby religion does not influence social or political policy (although religion stills has its enclaves, just not to the same degree of influence they do now) and where people are all treated as equals under one set of laws, where man is the creator of all and not god?

Yeah, i know that sounds way TOO ideological but governments all around the world are seemingly clambering to adopt this ideology into the everyday mechanisms of society.

So i ask, what is inherently wrong with a secular state?? From the research ive done it seems as though the countries that are the most socially and economically prosperous around the globe are also those that have a high % of secular citizens.

What does this prove??
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nothing's wrong with it for logical, decent people.....unfortunately, many people do not fall under "logical or decent"

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you have a secular society you get this...

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Have to agree with Philly on this one. Religion poses morals we should all go by. The lack of religion means there
    are no morals, which means a society of chaos. (that we are experiencing now)

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Have to agree with Philly on this one. Religion poses morals we should all go by. The lack of religion means there

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Correlation does not equal causation.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Bullshit. No morals leads directly to a chaotic society.

chilidog

Religion does not define our morality. We do not not commit crimes because we are scared of going to Hell, nor do we not commit them (for the most part) because we are scared of going to jail. We have an innate sense of right and wrong, that has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Bullshit. No morals leads directly to a chaotic society.
    You're not a very bright person, are you?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Religion does not define our morality. We do not not commit crimes because we are scared of going to Hell, nor do we not commit them (for the most part) because we are scared of going to jail. We have an innate sense of right and wrong, that has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.
    Bullshit.

Where does the notion of right and wrong come from?

Laws. What are laws?

A concept of morals put into a code for society to live by.

Where did it get that code from?

Religion.

No religion=chaos.

chilidog

Did you even finish high school? Your posts come across as being a horribly mis-educated individual.

Bullshit.

Where does the notion of right and wrong come from?

Laws. What are laws?

A concept of morals put into a code for society to live by.

Where did it get that code from?

Religion.

No religion=chaos.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Did you even finish high school? Your posts come across as being a horribly mis-educated individual.
    You are a moron.

chilidog

You are a moron.
    Best you can retort, eh? Thank you for further proving my point.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

You're not a very bright person, are you?

Best you can retort, eh? Thank you for further proving my point.

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

religion does not equal morals. catholic church molesting kids would be a nice example of that.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by jayfly View Post
    religion does not equal morals. catholic church molesting kids would be a nice example of that.
    If Christianity defined our morality, we would all be having incestuous, homosexual relationships. We could be killed for working on the Sabbath, cursing at your parents, or even not being a virgin on our wedding night. If religion defined our morality, we would all be dead. Rape, murder, slavery; the Bible has rules commanding them all. More Christians should actually read the book they live by, and pay close attention to some of the monstrosities contained therein.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

If you have a secular society you get this...

Yeah, because theocracies around the world have shown to be the standard bearers of morality. Just stfu already.

ACoochy

Why do gibberish retard like phillyflyers have to come into these threads and ruin them with his ill found preaching??

PF i hope you blow on jesus's little dinger every day...

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

If Christianity defined our morality, we would all be having incestuous, homosexual relationships. We could be killed for working on the Sabbath, cursing at your parents, or even not being a virgin on our wedding night. If religion defined our morality, we would all be dead. Rape, murder, slavery; the Bible has rules commanding them all. More Christians should actually read the book they live by, and pay close attention to some of the monstrosities contained therein.
    Ridiculously stupid post.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Why do gibberish retard like phillyflyers have to come into these threads and ruin them with his ill found preaching??

PF i hope you blow on jesus's little dinger every day...
    Shut up, phaggot.

ACoochy

Shut up, phaggot.
    Big words for a child killer supporter...

chilidog

Ridiculously stupid post.
    I don't think you're exactly qualified to judge others' level of intellect. It is quite obvious that you haven't fully familiarized yourself with the very book that defines your chosen religion.

ACoochy

I don't think you're exactly qualified to judge others' level of intellect. It is quite obvious that you haven't fully familiarized yourself with the very book that defines your chosen religion.
    But he yes for you see he is a christian preacher who looks down upon those who have yet to "see the light"...

Needless to say, the indoctrination is strong in that one...

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

The Bible doesn't define ANY religion. It is simply a book. You can choose to live by it's words, but that alone stilld oesn;t make anyone a practitioner of any religion.

Also, take a look at what secularism has done to this society if you want to see the effects of a secular society. The society we live in today in the United States is pure chaos with no one knowing what's going to happen from one moment to the next. An idiot can see this.

Also, who are you to judge others' intelligence? Are you being serious?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    But he yes for you see he is a christian preacher who looks down upon those who have yet to "see the light"...

Needless to say, the indoctrination is strong in that one...
    I don't look down on anyone.

I'm not a preacher, and I have asked repeatedly to those that are on the other side of the argument for their evidence and they have provided none.

They couldn't answer a simple, basic question from me in the Creation/Evolution thread. Still waiting for that one.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

I don't look down on anyone.

I'm not a preacher, and I have asked repeatedly to those that are on the other side of the argument for their evidence and they have provided none.

They couldn't answer a simple, basic question from me in the Creation/Evolution thread. Still waiting for that one.
    Except for jews, blacks (nicer term than you've used), minorities in general, those that disagree with you, etc. etc. etc. Much, and I mean much, smarter people than you have been looking forever for the "meaning of life" and no one has the definitive answer. To think you do is laughable. Arrogance personified.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Except for jews, blacks (nicer term than you've used), minorities in general, those that disagree with you, etc. etc. etc. Much, and I mean much, smarter people than you have been looking forever for the "meaning of life" and no one has the definitive answer. To think you do is laughable. Arrogance personified.
    My opinion of those people wouldn't be so negative if they weren't so despicable.

Here is the truth.....

They brought it on themselves.

If blacks didn't commit the overwhelming majority of violent crimes, while being a vast minority, there wouldn't be a negative opinion of them.

The fact is...only my side is able to give a definitive answer on why we are here, how we got here. The other side has nothing but guesses and guess what?

They will be guessing forever.

This is not me being arrogant. Just truthful and honest in the most direct manner I know how.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

My opinion of those people wouldn't be so negative if they weren't so despicable.

Here is the truth.....

They brought it on themselves.

If blacks didn't commit the overwhelming majority of violent crimes, while being a vast minority, there wouldn't be a negative opinion of them.

The fact is...only my side is able to give a definitive answer on why we are here, how we got here. The other side has nothing but guesses and guess what?

They will be guessing forever.

This is not me being arrogant. Just truthful and honest in the most direct manner I know how.
    Which is it, you don't look down on anyone or you do? Can't have it both ways. And "your side" has not given a definitive answer; there is none. Just your belief. Don't tell me it's written. I can write "take Stoke ml @ plus money today, guaranteed." Doesn't make it so.

If you truly believe, then great, happy for you. Just might want to work on that whole "love your fellow man" thing.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Which is it, you don't look down on anyone or you do? Can't have it both ways. And "your side" has not given a definitive answer; there is none. Just your belief. Don't tell me it's written. I can write "take Stoke ml @ plus money today, guaranteed." Doesn't make it so.

If you truly believe, then great, happy for you. Just might want to work on that whole "love your fellow man" thing.
    I already answered this.

Individually, I treat everyone with respect and treat them as they treat me.

Collectively, taken as a whole, blacks are the cause of tons of problems in this country.

As for my side giving a definitive answer it most certainly has...

Man was created by God in His image and likeness. Period.

What is the evolutionists definitive answer?

Nothing.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Yup...you throw long term hope out the window....look out.....seriously

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Yup...you throw long term hope out the window....look out.....seriously
    Look out, seriously is correct. Don't know how old you are, but back in the day if you fought someone, someone
    jumped in and broke it up. You got up and shook each others hand, it was over.

Now a days, people will cheer the fight. If it's a racial fight, you have one or the other ganging up. The lack of respect
    among people is the worst I've ever seen. If a gun is involved, more than likely someone gets shot. Tempers exploding
    within a micro second and it doesn't stop until someone gets hurt.

You see the chaos all across the globe.

Church membership is down across all denominations. Is that a reason why morals went out the window? Did a gate
    of hell open up and release it's demons? Is the universe expansion the cause of our lack of temperament?

All I know is something is going on and it ain't pretty. I'm preparing for Christ's return. I don't want to be on his
    shit list.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

I already answered this.

Individually, I treat everyone with respect and treat them as they treat me.

Collectively, taken as a whole, blacks are the cause of tons of problems in this country.

As for my side giving a definitive answer it most certainly has...

What is the evolutionists definitive answer?

Nothing.
    Your belief. Period. Not a definitive answer but an opinion based on your beliefs. Beliefs based on a book. Written by men. Fact. Amended by men. Fact. Period.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Even when fighting....the winner takes it too far these days....gotta drag a guy off before someone is killed....don't worry some new event will pop up and people will unite...it is and always has been a dog eat dog world..books had people content for a while...now is causing more harm than good....will be intersing to see wht happens over seas in the next few months....
    Look out, seriously is correct. Don't know how old you are, but back in the day if you fought someone, someone
    jumped in and broke it up. You got up and shook each others hand, it was over.

Now a days, people will cheer the fight. If it's a racial fight, you have one or the other ganging up. The lack of respect
    among people is the worst I've ever seen. If a gun is involved, more than likely someone gets shot. Tempers exploding
    within a micro second and it doesn't stop until someone gets hurt.

You see the chaos all across the globe.

Church membership is down across all denominations. Is that a reason why morals went out the window? Did a gate
    of hell open up and release it's demons? Is the universe expansion the cause of our lack of temperament?

All I know is something is going on and it ain't pretty. I'm preparing for Christ's return. I don't want to be on his
    shit list.

chilidog

Your belief. Period. Not a definitive answer but an opinion based on your beliefs. Beliefs based on a book. Written by men. Fact. Amended by men. Fact. Period.
    It makes me wonder; why those couple of generations of people? What made them so special, that God chose to reveal himself to them. Not one single further peep from him since then. So he waited billions of years and then just one day out of the blue was like, ya know what, I'm getting lonely, I'ma go fukk some shit up. And then, bam, God got bored, decided that playing with ants was futile, and just disappeared. Until yah know, he gets bored again...

chilidog

You're close. Dyslexic, but close. God was created by Man, not the inverse.

12 Last