innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Virus Warning

This was forwarded to me from a relative whose brother is a advanced programmer at microsoft.

Just thought I might share.

Hi All,

I checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are gearing up for this virus!
    I checked Snopes , and it is for real. Get this E-mail message sent around to your contacts ASAP.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS!

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment
    entitled POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK, regardless of who sent it to you.

It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer.

This virus will be received from someone who has your e -mail address in his/her contact list.

This is the reason you need to send this e -mail to all your contacts. It is better to receive this message 25 times than to receive the virus and open it.

If you receive an email entitled "POSTCARD," even though it was sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately. This is the worst virus announced by CNN.

It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever.

This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet for this kind of Virus.

This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.

COPY THIS E-MAIL AND SEND IT TO YOUR FRIENDS.
    REMEMBER: IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF US

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Outdated - from 2011
    http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

Although the Postcard virus was real at one time, it isn't now a "BIG VIRUS COMING",
    it will not "burn the whole hard disc" of your computer, CNN didn't classify it as the "worst virus" ever

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus...kjw1ZGDrmSx.99

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Thanks. Looks like this is old. But anyway, always be careful when checking e-mails.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

"Synopsis: Computer viruses have been distributed through e-postcard notifications in the past, but current warnings of such viruses are generally outdated or outright hoaxes. "

"Although the Postcard virus was real at one time, it isn't now a "BIG VIRUS COMING", it will not "burn the whole hard disc" of your computer, CNN didn't classify it as the "worst virus" ever, and it doesn't arrive in messages bearing a subject line of 'Invitation.' "

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

another reason I should never trust in-laws
    Points Awarded:

muldoon gave innovation 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.