robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

2" of snow shut down Atl? What kind of idiots run ur cities?

Here in SW Ontario 2" of snow is a good day. Just watched the Atlanta mayor on CNN... The guy hasn't got a clue. He's worse than Rob Ford on crack. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that u salt hwys first.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seriously? You want cities like Atlanta (or Houston) who go YEARS without snow, to spend millions stockpiling salt? Not to mention...buy the equipment to distribute it over a 130 square miles when it'll melt most likely in a day or 2? Good luck not getting your ass kicked by the voters.

Toronto - which gets a ton of snow each year, still has people complaining about removal (as recently as last month)
    http://globalnews.ca/news/1027273/ci...ud-complaints/

This isn't exactly man bites dog. Cities who don't get snow normally, got snow. People who don't drive in snow, have a tough time driving in snow.

Film at 11!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I live in a snow weather state and my only real gripe about the weather it is the fact that the salt and chemicals that they throw down on the road rot away our cars, but without this, there would be many more wrecks and road conditions would be poor. It's hard to keep a car looking good up here. Fukking stone chips in the summer. We have to have a nice car or 2 and then a beater to drive around in the winter through this mess. I have 1998 Malibu with 4 studded winter tires with only 50k miles on it that I drive in the winter. Last year the fukking brake line blew out when I was coming to a red light because the lines were all corroded away. Almost got killed. Now my gas line is seeping due to rot.

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

This is a joke down here. Its not the snow and ice, its the government. The fukking governor declared a state of emergency!?!? Thats like when new orleans needed one for katrina. ITS NOT A STATE OF EMERGENCY ITS A STATE OF STUPIDITY. we have like 4 salt and plows for the ENTIRE METRO AREA.

This happens at least every other year. WE NEED TO PREPARE BETTER. It pisses me off that this could've been prevented. It took me 6.5 hours to get home yesterday when it normally takes 15 minutes, this did not include the 30 minute walk I had to make to my wife to get in her car because of the fact people just parked their cars and started walking.

We have front wheel drive car, 4 wheel drive truck and all my friends who are from the north have awd Subaru's which by the way are fantastic, so it wasn't the problem of not making it it was the idiots in traffic. I HAVE LOST HOPE FOR HUMANITY after seeing what I have yesterday and today.

I am trying to help, give people food and water in their cars and pull out who needs it but I can not anymore. Which makes it worse is when people start bitching at me for trying to help them!!! WHO DOES THAT!?!?!? LIKE ITS MY FUKKING FAULT YOU GOT STUCK IN THE FIRST PLACE! I gave up with some dumb black bitch started screaming at me for taking to long to get there like I got a call and like Im the government?!? After I even explained I was just a citizen helping others who needed it. fukk her. I got in my car and left, dropped a turkey sandwich out the window as I spit snow in her face from my donut, fat bitch needed it.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

2"

Thats a dusting

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I live in a snow weather state and my only real gripe about the weather it is the fact that the salt and chemicals that they throw down on the road rot away our cars, but without this, there would be many more wrecks and road conditions would be poor. It's hard to keep a car looking good up here. Fukking stone chips in the summer. We have to have a nice car or 2 and then a beater to drive around in the winter through this mess. I have 1998 Malibu with 4 studded winter tires with only 50k miles on it that I drive in the winter. Last year the fukking brake line blew out when I was coming to a red light because the lines were all corroded away. Almost got killed. Now my gas line is seeping due to rot.
    That's a bad model year malibu

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Those people panicked like it was the end of the world. For a big metro area that pretty much lives and dies by its highway system to get in and out of the city, this was poorly prepared for. Over half the people there needs to invest new tires, there's no reason a AWD SUV should be spinning out. The last time I was in ATL, traffic is terrible and these people drive ridiculously fast...nobody obeys traffic laws or something down there.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    That's a bad model year malibu
    Yeah, but it's something to beat up in the snow.

Kermit

I just seen some pictures from all of the wrecks down there. Holy Fukk.

Points Awarded:

retard gave Kermit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Bunch of blacks trying to plan for snow is like a bunch of whites planning a dance marathon

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Problem with your joke is the governor and the head of GDOT are white.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

The mayor isn't. Tallahassee shut down with just the treat of Ice. Blame goes all over the place. Those kids should have never been in those schools.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The mayor isn't. Tallahassee shut down with just the treat of Ice. Blame goes all over the place. Those kids should have never been in those schools.
    I agree with you. The mayor wasn't the only problem. The governor is higher in rank than the mayor. The mayor does not decide school closings. Each school district decides on its own. And the mayor can't clean the interstates. GDOT does.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Close the schools and government agencies and the traffic isn't as bad as it usually is. In Atlanta it's hard to make traffic better, but shutting everything down would help eliminate much of whats going on right now. They dropped the ball and should have done it sooner. Schools close, government agencies close, daycares close, other business close, etc etc. There's only so much DOT can do to clear the road given their resources. North Florida is a ghost town right now. 200 miles of I-10 shut down, Tallahassee shut down...granted Tally doesn't have near the traffic as Atlanta, but there hasn't been one problem despite ice being all over the roads and no way to clear it.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gridlock for miles because of two inches. Lol Jersey got that and it's a dusting.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Ok, Northerners, stop criticizing how we handle snow and ice. It's rare down here. Kind of like winning a BCS Championship up there.

11:26am - 29 Jan 14

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Gridlock for miles because of two inches. Lol Jersey got that and it's a dusting.
    Yeah well we get hurricanes all the time. You guys get one and its like the world is ending.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Roads do look icy as can be, makes sense. I would like to make fun but we're prepared for it all up here compared to down there.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

They do not know how to drive in snow

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    Here in SW Ontario 2" of snow is a good day. Just watched the Atlanta mayor on CNN... The guy hasn't got a clue. He's worse than Rob Ford on crack. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that u salt hwys first.
    You don't know shit.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Roads aren't built or maintained for it. Theres a reason you see the big rigs off the road in ditches on 280 and 85 and other roads....the drivers could be from Fargo but make it that far south and the ice gets them.

Northern roads are like running on wet grass compared to a southern ice storm being like dousing a tarp with baby oil and then trying to run across it....not happening.

Just like the cold...you can wear a long sleeve shirt in Oregon when its 28 degrees but try that in Tennessee or Alabama and you'll freeze your ass off....or 88 degrees in Michigan is not like 88 degree Julys in Hotlanta. You people need to travel more.