Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Who is that on the right again?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Who is that on the right again?
    The lawn mower man in the abandoned school...

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

indeed

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Might be the greatest show ever...

Vaughny

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Martin Hart is far more fukked up than Rusty.

Rusty is not the killer.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by Codeviper View Post
    Nothing is ever going to beat the sopranos as the best HBO show ever made. Oz was awesome too. All these new shows are not that good. I miss the 90's HBO.
    Sopranos is best show ever for those who love dream sequences, talking fish, Tony's sister freaking out about BS, and long 15 minute sessions on the shrink's couch.

Oz was only good for the butt rape.

Now run along, you clown.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    getting better with every episode n i luv how they r trying to convince the audience that mathew mcoughny might be the killer lol. thats too obvious i got my own theory tho.
    Yup, definitely not him. Not for a series written this well. I just think he became obsessed with finding the actual killer, hence his behavior. Can't wait to see the last four!

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Martin Hart is far more fukked up than Rusty.

Rusty is not the killer.
    Don't over think things - Rusty drives around high on old flashbacks and spent 4 years deep undercover, out of reach for anyone. Gets along with nobody and if he isn't super intelligent, he does have super skills. Martin is just a state trooper who let his life get a little fukked up.

What's cool is we're just starting to see what the interviewing detectives think - in the end I think they will be the "true detectives".

Roy Halladay

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    The lawn mower man in the abandoned school...
    Also looks like the actor who played Remus in Boardwalk Empire? Sure enough it is!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281909/

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Halladay View Post
    Also looks like the actor who played Remus in Boardwalk Empire? Sure enough it is!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281909/
    He is also Hodor.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Anyone notice Woody Harrelson's one daughter is the girl from "Walking Dead"?

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Sopranos is best show ever for those who love dream sequences, talking fish, Tony's sister freaking out about BS, and long 15 minute sessions on the shrink's couch.

Oz was only good for the butt rape.

Now run along, you clown.

Exactly.

Besides that. The Wire was better than The Sopranos and Oz by a wide margin.

True Detective is a great show.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

fellas ?

this show really that groundbreaking ?

Will watch a couple episodes, starting tonight

SamDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    fellas ?

this show really that groundbreaking ?

Will watch a couple episodes, starting tonight
    Fidel, it's pretty damn good.

From the start-- this was created to be just 8 episodes--- so they could obviously craft the story to fit that arc perfectly.

I can't find a single fault with it yet. It's that good.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Anyone notice Woody Harrelson's one daughter is the girl from "Walking Dead"?
    Yep...and the meth cook that got blown up in the 'shoot out' recently played in another great series on Cinemax BANSHEE as a crazy Amish guy who stuck an axe in an indian girls head love that series.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Right on SammyD

I will unfortunately have to avoid this thread a bit though...

do not want to accidently see a spoiler , as well as do not want people to have to worry

about discussing previous episodes in here either. I got a couple good sites where I can watch

shows at my own free will. So it should only take me a couple nights at work to get caught up .

Like the 2 leading cast members, was the first thing I noticed when lookin into the show

Happy viewings Diamond, and Gents

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Yep...and the meth cook that got blown up in the 'shoot out' recently played in another great series on Cinemax BANSHEE as a crazy Amish guy who stuck an axe in an indian girls head love that series.
    My friend also brought up that guy from Banshee when I texted him asking if that was the girl from "Walking Dead". lol

I tried watching a couple of episodes and I couldn't get into it.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I'm not trying to bash anyone's opinion, but comparing Oz and The Sopranos to The Wire is hilarious in my opinion.

I think The Wire is STILL the best drama ever created and everyone else (Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire) has been playing catch up for a long time.

That being said, True Detective is an awesome show.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

My friend also brought up that guy from Banshee when I texted him asking if that was the girl from "Walking Dead". lol

I tried watching a couple of episodes and I couldn't get into it.
    I caught part of one episode one night by chance where the prison scene fight was, main character fighting a giant albino rapist who was paid to torture him in prison....awesome fight so I set the DVR to catch me up and have been hooked ever since.

Walking Dead, Lizzy is a psycho chick now murdering bunny rabbits and smothering infants.....damn.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    I caught part of one episode one night by chance where the prison scene fight was, main character fighting a giant albino rapist who was paid to torture him in prison....awesome fight so I set the DVR to catch me up and have been hooked ever since.

Walking Dead, Lizzy is a psycho chick now murdering bunny rabbits and smothering infants.....damn.
    I didn't even realize she killed the rabbit because the brightness on my TV in my bedroom is on low. (I do it so I have an easier time falling asleep.)

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

I think there's nostalgia with shows like The Wire/Sporanos, not saying they weren't great. But I wouldn't say there aren't shows as good if not better than those.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

also wat was going on with woody harrelsons daughter? lol underage girl caught fuking two guys?? GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!! LOL was she abused or something? i remember in one of the earlier episodes the little girl version of her was playing with her dolls in a weird way, i think the dolls were running a train on the barbie or maybe recreating a crime scene? either way she is messed up n might tie into the cult in some way

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Potato View Post
    also wat was going on with woody harrelsons daughter? lol underage girl caught fuking two guys?? GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!! LOL was she abused or something? i remember in one of the earlier episodes the little girl version of her was playing with her dolls in a weird way, i think the dolls were running a train on the barbie or maybe recreating a crime scene? either way she is messed up n might tie into the cult in some way

This whole side story makes me think Woody's character did it. She had this stuff in her head at a young age. Where did it come from? Maybe she saw something?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

This whole side story makes me think Woody's character did it. She had this stuff in her head at a young age. Where did it come from? Maybe she saw something?

There was an episode after Woody and the mother saw her drawings where they asked her about it...remember Woody was trying to watch the game (bet he had money on it ) and she made him turn it off to ask the girl about it?

I was just thinking on the daughters, one grows up to be the cheerleader and one the slut....dad gone out of the picture after the divorce....it happens. Attention...gotta give it or they rebel.

But who knows, they will probably shock us all in the next couple episodes.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

I didn't even realize she killed the rabbit because the brightness on my TV in my bedroom is on low. (I do it so I have an easier time falling asleep.)
    Yep she reached back and sliced it. There was a camera pull away in an earlier scene in the woods, a log with bunny furs in it. Guessing thats where they'd stopped before and she was hacking away. Guess now we know who was feeding the walkers at the fence back at the prison and mutilating them...might be a reason to think she helped Carol kill Tyrese's girl and the others. They teamed up.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why would Rust mention in the interview that a man once told him life was a flat circle,everything repeats itself,knowing full well that it was the pedophile rapist/"killer" who was the man he learned it from or did he?

Also the "killer" mentioned I seen you before in my dream of the endless circle.......

Then Martin lost his cool and proceeded to blow his brains out..

Witch means Martin could never be a witness (if he overheard) to this unless he implicated himself to the murder/cover up........

Now that is definitely a:

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Don't over think things - Rusty drives around high on old flashbacks and spent 4 years deep undercover, out of reach for anyone. Gets along with nobody and if he isn't super intelligent, he does have super skills. Martin is just a state trooper who let his life get a little fukked up.

What's cool is we're just starting to see what the interviewing detectives think - in the end I think they will be the "true detectives".
    I don't think the interviewing detectives have any clue what's going on.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I don't think Marty has anything to do with the murders, his father-in-law would be my guess as to where his daughter so saw some crazy shit.

Bluehorseshoe

Three good points brought up in this thread, but I just woke up at 4am because I finally realized what movie I heard someone say "You don't mow another man's lawn" in.......Woody Harrelson in "Kingpin". When he knocks his friend out.

http://vimeo.com/3045974

It was driving me nuts.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    I don't think Marty has anything to do with the murders, his father-in-law would be my guess as to where his daughter so saw some crazy shit.

I'm starting to think this aswell.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    I'm starting to think this aswell.
    yes his father-in-law has been a suspect since he first appeared, we mentioned it earlier in the thread

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

ye im thinking it has something to do with the father in law n also i think the priest or whoever it was in one of the earlier episodeswho they met at the police station. rust has been DEEEEEEP undercover for 8 years because this is probably a big conspiracy n woody harrelson charachter is just pretending they they had a falling out

Roy Halladay

The lawnmower fella have facial scars though? Maybe he's a minion of the Yellow King?

SamDiamond

I have a question for you guys..

It obviously isn't Rust. And he clearly never thought the case was resolved--- and by showing up at those scenes and getting photographed observing... he is continuing his investigation.

So, here's the question.

Do you think Marty is helping Rust? The way he talks about Rust--- sure doesn't look like he is trying to throw Rust under the Bus.

This is just a great series.

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    I have a question for you guys..

It obviously isn't Rust. And he clearly never thought the case was resolved--- and by showing up at those scenes and getting photographed observing... he is continuing his investigation.

So, here's the question.

Do you think Marty is helping Rust? The way he talks about Rust--- sure doesn't look like he is trying to throw Rust under the Bus.

This is just a great series.
    Personally I think we should take most of Marty at face value. He means well, but is fukked up. And while he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he's smart enough to know how compromised he is after unilaterally executing a suspect. After that fiasco being good at his job or his marriage is secondary to basic self-preservation. To Marty covering Rust means covering Marty, a top priority.

Notice how much more self-assured Marty is under questioning than he is on the job or in his home life? That's a desperate man doing his best.

Rust's character is baffling enough to begin with, but without his very human and very flawed partner - he would be impossible to gauge and the show would be pointless. I don't think it will end well for Marty.
    Last edited by ByeShea; 02-21-14 at 09:57 AM.

First ... 2345678 Last