James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I returned from vegas today to find this in my backyard

WTF

I think my landscapers need to go back to trimming school
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 08:38 AM. Reason: image does not exist

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post

WTF

I think my landscapers need to go back to trimming school
    I'm going to take a wild fukkin guess and say that your landscapers were a bunch of fukkin mexicans?
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 08:38 AM. Reason: image does not exist

James D

LOL Philly I don't always agree with your posts but I have to be honest my landscapers are more then likely from Mexico .

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

LOL Philly I don't always agree with your posts but I have to be honest my landscapers are more then likely from Mexico .
    James

Sorry to hear about your troubles, bro.

I don't understand for the life of me why anyone would ever use non-skilled illegal laborers.

I see them now in Philly, all the contractors are using them to build fukkin new houses all over the city.

You gotta see this shit to believe it.

Fukkin cracks on the outside walls of brand new 500k+ homes LMFAO.

It is one dumb mother fukker who buys one of those homes.

BTW absolutely no offense to you at all, bro.

James D

Philly,

just because someone is Mexican does not make them unskilled. When my family came to America (Italian) just a few generations ago we were stonemasons and I am sure some people thought we were immigrant unskilled labor. Even though Italy has the greatest architectural masterpieces the world has ever seen. The community I live in now I see houses being built all the time by virtually all white and Spanish labor. These houses have seemingly no structural flaws and it's not because of what race of worker the contractor hires it's because the contractor is willing to spend the money on the right materials and a capable labor force, white black, whatever.

I agree with you that contractors will sometimes hire cheap labor and make an inferior product to increase their margin. I also agree that more often then not if we are going to be honest, that labor force willing to work dirt cheap is Latino. However that doesn't mean EVERY Latino is unskilled or EVERY Caucasian is skilled. There is no universal rule, there are good people and worthless people everywhere. I am sure living near Philly can be brutal sometimes. I see some of those videos posted online of African Americans acted like absolute animals in Philly. Those people on those videos are worthless but they are not similar in ANY way to the majority of minorities that live in my community. I am sure if we watched a bunch of meth addicts running around the Deep South we wouldn't exactly be thrilled they are Caucasians.
    Points Awarded:

Jikos gave James D 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

usernametaken
    usernametaken's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 816

At least there is no snow on the ground.

James D

Usernamentaken I agree 100% and am not complaining at all. The middle and eastern part of US looks like freaking Siberia. It's beautiful out here, I just was laughing a little when I saw a tree down in my yard.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly taking a stroll.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 08:39 AM. Reason: image does not exist

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

That limb did not break off from landscaping..

it was forcibly broken off

either by your landscapers

or someone casing your property for a score

or both

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

or both
    Or a peeping tom next door wanting a bird's eye view from his upstairs window of James sipping margaritas on his patio.

sickler
    Facade 101

I returned from vacation a couple weeks ago to find my cupboards full of Skinny Cow products. WTF!!!!!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol......

Next thread title will read:

I've been robbed

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Philly,

just because someone is Mexican does not make them unskilled. When my family came to America (Italian) just a few generations ago we were stonemasons and I am sure some people thought we were immigrant unskilled labor. Even though Italy has the greatest architectural masterpieces the world has ever seen. The community I live in now I see houses being built all the time by virtually all white and Spanish labor. These houses have seemingly no structural flaws and it's not because of what race of worker the contractor hires it's because the contractor is willing to spend the money on the right materials and a capable labor force, white black, whatever.

I agree with you that contractors will sometimes hire cheap labor and make an inferior product to increase their margin. I also agree that more often then not if we are going to be honest, that labor force willing to work dirt cheap is Latino. However that doesn't mean EVERY Latino is unskilled or EVERY Caucasian is skilled. There is no universal rule, there are good people and worthless people everywhere. I am sure living near Philly can be brutal sometimes. I see some of those videos posted online of African Americans acted like absolute animals in Philly. Those people on those videos are worthless but they are not similar in ANY way to the majority of minorities that live in my community. I am sure if we watched a bunch of meth addicts running around the Deep South we wouldn't exactly be thrilled they are Caucasians.
    Lol, really? Are you expecting Philly to stand corrected and see the light? I am guessing he won't get past the second sentence. Commendable effort though.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post

or both
    I think it broke due to the weight of the branches Pauly, which the landscapers didn't trim enough. I could be wrong of course I will look at tree in the morning more closely. Why would someone casing my house damage the tree in that manner? Also the backyard has four different doors entering the house three of which are glass. If someone was in my yard, which is enclosed and only partially visible from two neighbors upstairs floors and not at all from the street they could just break a pane of glass and if alarm was off they are in the house.

What at makes you think someone was in my yard? I was gone four days but do have a housekeeper 8 hrs a day so house was not completely vacant if that matters.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Or a peeping tom next door wanting a bird's eye view from his upstairs window of James sipping margaritas on his patio.

God I wish I could tell you why this is so funny.

sickler
    Facade 101

God I wish I could tell you why this is so funny.
    I hope it isn't because you jack off on your patio.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    I hope it isn't because you jack off on your patio.
    LOL no.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Philly,

Hey a fellow Paisano!

I hear what you are saying but I disagree with you, pais.

We come from the greatest stonemasons the world ever saw. What the fukk do they have in Mexico?

In other words, what I'm saying is the mexicans do not have a history of great architectural achievements like we do. In short, they don't know what the fukk they're doing. It is in the genes, pais.

If they're coming over here with no history of doing anything of note architecturally, how can we expect them to come here and build a home?

It takes years of training to get into a labor union here in Philly. These mexicans cross the border and some contractor fukkin hires them and the poor idiot fool that uses that contractor to build his new home is going to be taken for a fukkin ride.

As for the African-American community here in Philly you would not believe it if you saw it, pais.

Brutal cannot even begin to come close to describing it. I don't leave the house without a burner on me. (That's street talk for gun in case you didn't know).

I fought these fukks my entire life. They never stop. Ignorance is a way of life to them.

I would take dealing with a White Southern meth addict over these fukkin spooks any day.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Maybe a Grizzly Bear knocked it over.

PhillyFlyers, are Sasquatches known for knocking down trees like this? I know you're into that kind of thing.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Maybe a Grizzly Bear knocked it over.

PhillyFlyers, are Sasquatches known for knocking down trees like this? I know you're into that kind of thing.
    Actually yes!

Squatches in the Northwest US are known to knock over uprooted trees with some placing them in patterns.

Local Indian tribe folk will tell you if you come across that, to get the fukk out of there asap.

Actually now that I think about it, this was on a tv show recently.

However, I can pretty safely say it wasn't a bigfoot that did this lol.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Looks good

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Actually yes!

Squatches in the Northwest US are known to knock over uprooted trees with some placing them in patterns.

Local Indian tribe folk will tell you if you come across that, to get the fukk out of there asap.

Actually now that I think about it, this was on a tv show recently.

However, I can pretty safely say it wasn't a bigfoot that did this lol.

Good Lord. dead as a hammer.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

What sort money does landscapers and a full time maid cost in the US?

Can most people only afford these services because of the cheap/illegal workers?

I have a guy mow my lawn every couple of weeks @ $30 a time. And cleaners that do all the hard work for me for $70 for about 2-3 hours every 2 weeks. (in Australia) How does that compare to US costs for those things?

James D

Hey a fellow Paisano!

I hear what you are saying but I disagree with you, pais.

We come from the greatest stonemasons the world ever saw. What the fukk do they have in Mexico?

In other words, what I'm saying is the mexicans do not have a history of great architectural achievements like we do. In short, they don't know what the fukk they're doing. It is in the genes, pais.

If they're coming over here with no history of doing anything of note architecturally, how can we expect them to come here and build a home?

It takes years of training to get into a labor union here in Philly. These mexicans cross the border and some contractor fukkin hires them and the poor idiot fool that uses that contractor to build his new home is going to be taken for a fukkin ride.

Philly,

I don't disagree that man for man skilled labor when it comes to things like stone masonry Greeks, Persians, Romans, etc of course have the most history and expertise. That doesn't mean there are not some Italians that have little or no skill and some Mexicans, Peruvians , whoever that have a great deal of skill. It's like saying African Americans are better in the NBA then Europeans. Even though this is true are you going to pass on dirk nowitki and instead take Xavier Henry of the lakers? Of course not. Even though Germany has No real history of success in the NBA at all Dirk is a beast and a huge star. There are exceptions to virtually every rule my friend.

I agree 100% with what you are saying about the low rent contractors that build garbage that screw new homeowners by hiring unskilled day laborers. But that is not the day laborers fault, he is just trying to feed his family and at least he isn't out slinging drugs or robbing people. The problem is the contractor.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    What sort money does landscapers and a full time maid cost in the US?

Can most people only afford these services because of the cheap/illegal workers?

I have a guy mow my lawn every couple of weeks @ $30 a time. And cleaners that do all the hard work for me for $70 for about 2-3 hours every 2 weeks. (in Australia) How does that compare to US costs for those things?
    I don't even know what my landscaping costs, but it's 3 guys at least once a week. I don't even know their names and they could be legal or illegal I have no idea. My housekeeper is legal, owns a home has a husband, kids in college and is a great lady who has been with me for over a decade. To answer your question most people in America can not afford a full time housekeeper legal or otherwise. But many have housekeepers part time.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

As for the African-American community here in Philly you would not believe it if you saw it, pais.

Brutal cannot even begin to come close to describing it. I don't leave the house without a burner on me. (That's street talk for gun in case you didn't know).

I fought these fukks my entire life. They never stop. Ignorance is a way of life to them.

I would take dealing with a White Southern meth addict over these fukkin spooks any day.
    Dam dude, I know I mess around with you...but it sounds like you would be alot happier if you left philly...for pretty much anywhere.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

OMG, Really? No wonder people don't know how to do anything. A tree branch breaking off? WTF?

$100 for an electric pole saw. $350 max for a self propelled push mower. $500 for a Disson vacuum cleaner.
    $20 for cleaning supplies. Taking pride in your work by doing it yourself, priceless.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Thanks for the answer. Didn't mean to suggest anything bad with the illegal comment.

It does seem lot a lot of regular Americans do have gardeners, and no one acts like its abnormal, just from forum posts. It's not anywhere near as common down here.

If we could magically make all those workers disappear tomorrow, I wonder how many people would be lobbying for the border to be opened up.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    OMG, Really? No wonder people don't know how to do anything. A tree branch breaking off? WTF?

$100 for an electric pole saw. $350 max for a self propelled push mower. $500 for a Disson vacuum cleaner.
    $20 for cleaning supplies. Taking pride in your work by doing it yourself, priceless.

That looks like a branch to you? LOL

I could chop it off with an ax if I elected to do so but why should I? Why would I mow my own lawn if I don't feel the need to do it myself? Removing a down part of a tree or mowing a lawn is not brain surgery. What priceless feeling of accomplishment should I expect to experience if I do these things?

optional,

i will ill edit my post to answer your question as well. Yes the cost of many things would raise dramatically without illegal immigrants. The price of things from fruit which they pick almost exclusively to landscaping would all rise for sure. The truth is though that illegals are also a HUGE drain on social services with medical and child services. In some ways the border tightening would be great and in other ways it would harm America, that's what the problem is, there are good hardworking illegals and there are worthless opportunist scum illegals. There are some that come here to make there family's life a better place and some come to sling drugs and commit crimes
    Last edited by James D; 01-28-14 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Optional answer

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Dam dude, I know I mess around with you...but it sounds like you would be alot happier if you left philly...for pretty much anywhere.
    But that's the thing though.

Most white people are cowardly and timid and would move rather than deal.

That is not me.

I was born here. I have Philly pride.

Why should I move for a fukkin spook?

Let them move.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Philly,

I don't disagree that man for man skilled labor when it comes to things like stone masonry Greeks, Persians, Romans, etc of course have the most history and expertise. That doesn't mean there are not some Italians that have little or no skill and some Mexicans, Peruvians , whoever that have a great deal of skill. It's like saying African Americans are better in the NBA then Europeans. Even though this is true are you going to pass on dirk nowitki and instead take Xavier Henry of the lakers? Of course not. Even though Germany has No real history of success in the NBA at all Dirk is a beast and a huge star. There are exceptions to virtually every rule my friend.

I agree 100% with what you are saying about the low rent contractors that build garbage that screw new homeowners by hiring unskilled day laborers. But that is not the day laborers fault, he is just trying to feed his family and at least he isn't out slinging drugs or robbing people. The problem is the contractor.
    I'm not saying there aren't exceptions to rules, pais. There certainly is.

I'm saying as a whole, who would you rather have.....an unskilled mexican who just crossed the border or an American guy from the local Union who's had years of training?

James D

Well look who just showed up LOL

to answer your question philly the union guy all day and every day. But I wouldn't assume the other guy is no good just cause he is illegal. The question you asked me I will answer honestly, the union guy.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 08:41 AM. Reason: image does not exist

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Well look who just showed up LOL
    OMG

It's Juan Carlos not having a fukkin clue as to what he's looking at.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 08:43 AM. Reason: image does not exist

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

But that's the thing though.

Most white people are cowardly and timid and would move rather than deal.

That is not me.

I was born here. I have Philly pride.

Why should I move for a fukkin spook?

Let them move.
    Or maybe they just dont want to live in squaller like you do.

James D

Philly,

I will make you a deal if he chainsaws any of my lawn furniture out there in half I will accept a big fat " I told you so"

12 Last