PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    I ask again, what makes your pipe dream true? Because a book says it's so? A book interpreted/misinterpreted a thousand times over? That doesn't make it fact, it makes it what you believe. The difference is I don't care what you believe, that's your right as a human being. You can wrap yourself in tinfoil and live in a closet your whole life, no skin off my ass. On the other hand, you and your ilk (you know, open-minded, tolerant, humble, benevolent, etc.) spend every waking moment telling "non-believers" they're wrong and doomed if they don't conform to your way of thinking. No thanks, I'll take my chances. And I don't have an original thought? Hilarious, everything you spout as true you were told or read, the antithesis to critical thinking.

Regarding being racist, one just needs to scan through some of your many posts. Plenty of evidence. Or maybe you just use that as a defense mechanism when losing one of your many keyboard arguments. I'd have more respect for the true racist.
    Let me switch the argument around for a minute.

Where is YOUR proof that God doesn't exist?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post

My proof is when I look at how fukked up this world is and I don't see any signs that an invisible man is making any attempt to make his "experiment" better.

It's possible that we may have been created by a "Maker" in some form that evolved over time, but I doubt this "Maker" even knows that we exist in the form that we currently do. People believe in God(s) because they want to feel some sort of hope because they know that they are eventually going to die.

It is a bit naive to think that there is some type of invisible force that watches over everything on earth at the same time, but yet lets so many horrible things happen and just accept that it is "God's Will"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

No.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6434

And where is yours that he/she does? Wheels on the bus go round and round. A never ending game. I don't have to prove anything. I'm not pushing an agenda, telling others how to live, condemning them to "hell" if they don't conform. Hey, if you need the crutch of religion to give your life meaning, knock yourself out. Just keep that sh*t out of policy making and mind your own business. Sheep have a way of finding the flock.
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 01-22-14 at 05:20 PM. Reason: punct.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave swordsandtequila 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    My proof is when I look at how fukked up this world is and I don't see any signs that an invisible man is making any attempt to make his "experiment" better.

It's possible that we may have been created by a "Maker" in some form that evolved over time, but I doubt this "Maker" even knows that we exist in the form that we currently do. People believe in God(s) because they want to feel some sort of hope because they know that they are eventually going to die.

It is a bit naive to think that there is some type of invisible force that watches over everything on earth at the same time, but yet lets so many horrible things happen and just accept that it is "God's Will"
    Hear,hear

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

Look up Russells teapot.
    Points Awarded:

zizoudane10 gave Pareto 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

muldoon gave Pareto 14 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    Look up Russells teapot.
    His brain is not able to understand that.

lucullus
    lucullus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Hey bud I dont like jews and you dont like jews but you need to settle down with this religious crap you're only playing into the kikes hands. Not sure if that will ever get through your head but I tried

lucullus

listen why do you think jews are called "The Chosen ONes" by christianity? why do you think jesus was a jew? why do you think christianity replaced paganism and the jews were always rebelling against the ancient roman empire? count less other examples. most of the catholic clergy has been jewish, the popes etc.

lucullus

quite logical that they replaced Poseidon (head of the Roman Pantheon) with there slanderous term for the worst monster possible (to there plans) ... Satan / Devil. They did the same thing with the rest of the Roman pantheon. Islam and all the other "God" religions are the same shit

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Keep your bullshit opinion to yourself.

Hope you're ready for a hot time when you meet your maker.
    It's true and you can't prove factually otherwise.

Don't mistaken belief for fact pf

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Why anyone would believe in someone that kills babies for a living is beyond my scope of understanding.

Those people would probably take a long walk off a short pier if the church told them to do so as well...

Scary the level of indoctrination the church has over its devoted users aka sheep

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Philly, what Deity you choose to worship comes down to a few variables:

1. What point in time you exist
    2. What geographic meridien you reside in
    3. Your culture

You could've just as easily been born in BCE 4500, or born in India, or born into a South American tribe. Then which Deity would you be worshipping?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Without religion---prisons would be twice as full

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    Look up Russells teapot.
    I am aware of it. It is stupid.

This was his original argument:

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot

revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove
    my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be
    revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say
    that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is intolerable presumption on
    the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking
    nonsense.

This argument is fallacious. It is a circular argument.

The imaginary object used in the teapot argument is intrinsically improbable. If you replace the orbiting teapot with other objects that are more probable, the argument ceases to be convincing.

Here is a great counter-argument to Russell's Teapot....

http://www.eskimo.com/~msharlow/phil...t_Argument.pdf

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

And where is yours that he/she does? Wheels on the bus go round and round. A never ending game. I don't have to prove anything. I'm not pushing an agenda, telling others how to live, condemning them to "hell" if they don't conform. Hey, if you need the crutch of religion to give your life meaning, knock yourself out. Just keep that sh*t out of policy making and mind your own business. Sheep have a way of finding the flock.
    I already posted it. Look at post #35.

Yes you do have to prove your argument, especially if you require others to prove theirs.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Spook stories created to keep the less than intelligent slaves in check.
    Pull your head out of your ass Kermit.

Last edited by pronk; 01-23-14 at 11:08 AM.

pronk

Shape shifting reptilian reporter

Demons AKA REPTILIANS.

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him”. (Rev 12:7-9)
    Last edited by pronk; 01-23-14 at 11:32 AM.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

One night I heard a horrible roaring sound like I had never heard before (like a lion's roar on top of a wave) and in that roar I kept on hearing the repeated phrase "You'll will be powerful beyond measure" and I said "ok".

Since then I have lived a certain lifestyle (eating healthy foods, exercising more, etc.) and I have been told that I have a new name: Kara Drakh'Nar.

I have also been having nightmares and been seeing demons pretty frequently at night.

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

OK Chalky I'll play your fukkin game.

God created man or the aliens did.

Who created the aliens?

Mexico.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    Pull your head out of your ass Kermit.
    Youtube cracks the demonic possession phenomenon.

Smoke another one there Iggy.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Demonic possession is a fact.

Your Anti-God theories are not.

pronk

This is not a laughing matter and nobody owes you an explanation for what you just saw there. Now you don't have an excuse for you've been warned too many times.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

I already posted it. Look at post #35.

Yes you do have to prove your argument, especially if you require others to prove theirs.
    Okay, this is getting silly. The two links you referred to as "proof" consist of an opinion piece (says opinion right in the link ) and an article in wikipedia, where any numbnuts with a keyboard can post. The point is there is no way to definitively prove your "god' exists. The onus isn't on me. If you come to me and say my dog sh*t in your yard I don't have to prove he didn't, that's on you. It's one thing to admit there are forces in this world we don't understand, another to think you know all the answers and everyone is wrong. That's just arrogance to the nth degree.

Once again, believe what you want to believe (and your actions should probably mirror those beliefs). It only becomes an issue when dictating to others.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I think you need to re-familiarize yourself with the definition of the word "fact".

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Okay, this is getting silly. The two links you referred to as "proof" consist of an opinion piece (says opinion right in the link ) and an article in wikipedia, where any numbnuts with a keyboard can post. The point is there is no way to definitively prove your "god' exists. The onus isn't on me. If you come to me and say my dog sh*t in your yard I don't have to prove he didn't, that's on you. It's one thing to admit there are forces in this world we don't understand, another to think you know all the answers and everyone is wrong. That's just arrogance to the nth degree.

Once again, believe what you want to believe (and your actions should probably mirror those beliefs). It only becomes an issue when dictating to others.
    You can't be this dense. There is no way you are this stupid.

The First Mover is IRREFUTABLE.

The First Way: Argument from Motion

1. Our senses prove that some things are in motion.

2. Things move when potential motion becomes actual motion.
    3. Only an actual motion can convert a potential motion into an actual motion.

4. Nothing can be at once in both actuality and potentiality in the same respect (i.e., if both actual and potential, it is actual in one respect and potential in another).

5. Therefore nothing can move itself.

6. Therefore each thing in motion is moved by something else.

7. The sequence of motion cannot extend ad infinitum.

8. Therefore it is necessary to arrive at a first mover, put in motion by no other; and this everyone understands to be God.

The Second Way: Argument from Efficient Causes

9. We perceive a series of efficient causes of things in the world.

10. Nothing exists prior to itself.

11. Therefore nothing is the efficient cause of itself.

12. If a previous efficient cause does not exist, neither does the thing that results.

13. Therefore if the first thing in a series does not exist, nothing in the series exists.

14. The series of efficient causes cannot extend ad infinitum into the past, for then there would be no things existing now.

15. Therefore it is necessary to admit a first efficient cause, to which everyone gives the name of God.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

You can't be this dense. There is no way you are this stupid.

The First Mover is IRREFUTABLE.

The First Way: Argument from Motion

1. Our senses prove that some things are in motion.

2. Things move when potential motion becomes actual motion.
    3. Only an actual motion can convert a potential motion into an actual motion.

4. Nothing can be at once in both actuality and potentiality in the same respect (i.e., if both actual and potential, it is actual in one respect and potential in another).

5. Therefore nothing can move itself.

6. Therefore each thing in motion is moved by something else.

7. The sequence of motion cannot extend ad infinitum.

8. Therefore it is necessary to arrive at a first mover, put in motion by no other; and this everyone understands to be God.

The Second Way: Argument from Efficient Causes

9. We perceive a series of efficient causes of things in the world.

10. Nothing exists prior to itself.

11. Therefore nothing is the efficient cause of itself.

12. If a previous efficient cause does not exist, neither does the thing that results.

13. Therefore if the first thing in a series does not exist, nothing in the series exists.

14. The series of efficient causes cannot extend ad infinitum into the past, for then there would be no things existing now.

15. Therefore it is necessary to admit a first efficient cause, to which rational people give the name physics.
    Fixed it for you.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quit wasting your time, you have a better chance convincing me the Flyers will win the cup. Not.

Kermit

A fact he says. Don't facts have some type of proof that makes them a fact?

Kermit

I can post youtube videos of Criss Angel floating in the air and walking up the sides of buildings. Do you guys really think he can fly and defy gravity?

Only naive people actually believe the dumb shit they see on Youtube is real.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

A fact he says. Don't facts have some type of proof that makes them a fact?
    Exorcists happen every single day in various parts of the world.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Fixed it for you.
    Again, your stupidity would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.

where do physics and people come from if there wasn't a first mover?

I can't wait to hear this.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Again, your stupidity would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.

where do physics and people come from if there wasn't a first mover?

I can't wait to hear this.
    That's just it, no one really knows. And to say you have the answer is laughable. Man has deemed one god or another responsible for everything they couldn't explain. Until they could. But don't let science or facts get in the way. And I find it funny you're the only one slinging insults, real Jesus like of you. As I said, you're wasting your time. Peace out.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

That's just it, no one really knows. And to say you have the answer is laughable. Man has deemed one god or another responsible for everything they couldn't explain. Until they could. But don't let science or facts get in the way. And I find it funny you're the only one slinging insults, real Jesus like of you. As I said, you're wasting your time. Peace out.
    That's just it, it IS known. It's God.

lucullus

way to ignore all my facts that show you are still under a jews thumb, mentally

First 123 Last