dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Cop playing catch with kid, you see this

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Heart warming moment on MLK day. You know you put up with the racists on this site like Silly Philly and Rifle and it is discouraging to say the least. You want to believe that human beings are above this in the beginning of the 21st century. Obviously many of us are not. But you see a video like this and you think there is hope for us, maybe the majority of us are decent people knowing that skin pigment means absolutely nothing. There will always be animals, black and white.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Dante, you still kickin'? Me too. I'm still trying to fight the good fight, but I'm getting tired.

Saw that video on ABC news tonight. Was a feel good moment.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Dante, you still kickin'? Me too. I'm still trying to fight the good fight, but I'm getting tired.

Saw that video on ABC news tonight. Was a feel good moment.

Hi my friend, I am hanging in getting difficult here also. I really hate these NE winters, each one gets worse it seems.

I saw it too on ABC, that was a better presentation then this youtube. Nice hearing from you.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Heart warming moment on MLK day. You know you put up with the racists on this site like Silly Philly and Rifle and it is discouraging to say the least. You want to believe that human beings are above this in the beginning of the 21st century. Obviously many of us are not. But you see a video like this and you think there is hope for us, maybe the majority of us are decent people knowing that skin pigment means absolutely nothing. There will always be animals, black and white.
    Dante you seem like a smart guy with a good heart

I'm not sure how to say this but the way you want things to be and the way things really are probably are different

It is the liberal disease, to be shortsighted and stick to a set of ideals that makes you feel warm and fuzzy no matter if experience and evidence says otherwise

Is that video nice? Sure it is. Is there a solution to the hatred? Maybe, but maybe not. Just because you believe statements like "skin pigment means absolutely nothing" doesn't make them so. How's this.."SBR is full of smart, talented handicappers" or "Everything happens for a reason"...feel good statements to be sure but their accuracy lacks much evidence and in fact there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

Get dropped off in the middle of Detroit and let's see if the people you want to sing kumbaya with care to join in

I'm not trying to be confrontational, but what are your experiences with blacks? I went to a school with 50% blacks, have worked with and hired them, and I live in the South. Of course there are good people of all races, but maybe the sin of slavery has put us all in an unnatural, unwinnable situation.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

I appreciate your candor, your honesty and not wanting to be confrontational. I can't change your views about skin color, but science seems to agree with my position.

I was in the armed service so that might qualify me a little bit about black/white relationships. I have seen the good and bad in both. Hey I understand the statistics my friend and to be truthful I don't understand them. I am not oblivious to what is happening. Just maybe your last sentence says it all, to be truthful I don't know.

TheCentaur

I appreciate your candor, your honesty and not wanting to be confrontational. I can't change your views about skin color, but science seems to agree with my position.
    Can you elaborate

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Can you elaborate

I will try, no guarantees. It was a long time ago, college days.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

My brother is the scientist in the family and we discuss issues often. I believe he said that science is now of the opinion that race is a relatively meaningless term. I didn't question him too much but I also thought that made sense because I remember at university discussing the concept that skin pigment was also meaningless. If science now believes that race is a meaningless term well then it might follow that characteristics of race are also meaningless. I will need to speak to him about this at greater length because as I said I am not the science guy in the family.

I do remember an article I read a while back, if I find it I will ship it to you. However, I believe it was long and it had aspects of religion in it, not as proof of anything but more like a history of these issues.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why the fukk kumbaya always the satirical for naive optimism of race relations? That reference is telling to T

I grew up downtown Detroit and only time I heard that hymn was at a funeral

I have seen or lived every fukkin flavor of whats wrong in the damn world but that is still a real sweet video.

TheCentaur

My brother is the scientist in the family and we discuss issues often. I believe he said that science is now of the opinion that race is a relatively meaningless term. I didn't question him too much but I also thought that made sense because I remember at university discussing the concept that skin pigment was also meaningless. If science now believes that race is a meaningless term well then it might follow that characteristics of race are also meaningless. I will need to speak to him about this at greater length because as I said I am not the science guy in the family.

I do remember an article I read a while back, if I find it I will ship it to you. However, I believe it was long and it had aspects of religion in it, not as proof of anything but more like a history of these issues.
    Yes, skin pigment is meaningless, it's what is linked with it though. The same environment that caused a change in skin pigment over time also changed other characteristics and behaviors. It's how different species are created. There is no question that given enough time two geographically and genetically separated populations will become separate species. Africans, Caucasians, Native Americans, etc. simply were not separate long enough for this to happen. Not Politically Correct but the truth

I think what your brother is referring to is that race isn't a real scientific classification. Dog breeds are not different species but they have very unique appearances along with behaviors and skills. They both have the exact same scientific classification though, canis lupus familiaris

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evoluti...ace-exist.html

this is an interesting article arguing both sides, maybe no definitive answer exists today, again I really don't know. However, I just find it hard to believe that human beings are substantially different, I need proof and not the type of proof that racists exhibit because that is always complete bs. We all know, all of us, that we have people exhibiting considerable intellect of all races. Genius is not defined by one race, tons of all different colors on the top of their discipline, no matter what that discipline is. In fact, I seriously don't know if the word race means anything at all.

Read the article and tell me what you think, tomorrow that is I believe I am heading to that special room. lol

TheCentaur

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evoluti...ace-exist.html

this is an interesting article arguing both sides, maybe no definitive answer exists today, again I really don't know. However, I just find it hard to believe that human beings are substantially different, I need proof and not the type of proof that racists exhibit because that is always complete bs. We all know, all of us, that we have people exhibiting considerable intellect of all races. Genius is not defined by one race, tons of all different colors on the top of their discipline, no matter what that discipline is. In fact, I seriously don't know if the word race means anything at all.

Read the article and tell me what you think, tomorrow that is I believe I am heading to that special room. lol
    ok thanks