TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Anyone have a few drinks to fall asleep at night?

like 2-3 beers an hour before you want to go to sleep. not talking a 6-pack just enough to fall asleep. anyone do this?

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Bourbon.

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

I usually drink to stay up at night not fall asleep lol

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

I prefer Xanax or Valium over booze if I cant sleep.

later

brodie
    you got the juice now
    brodie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

nope. ill smoke a bowl though, that always puts me right out

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    like 2-3 beers an hour before you want to go to sleep. not talking a 6-pack just enough to fall asleep. anyone do this?
    What's the good? I'd be having to get up 4 times to pee if I did this. Getting no good sleep.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    What's the good? I'd be having to get up 4 times to pee if I did this. Getting no good sleep.

yeah thats why i said an hour before you try and go to sleep. if i drank 2-3 on an empty stomach it would go thru me pretty quickly. but i havent had a drink in 17 days so im not going to break it just to fall asleep an hour earlier

Fieldysnuts44
    @poker table near you
    Fieldysnuts44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

A Xanax and a few beers most everynight.Had around 18 last night.Depends on the day but yeah at least a couple everynight.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Xanax as well. I thought you stopped drinking.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

i did stop its been 18 days.........benzos are the best for sleep you dont have a shiittty next day like you do if you take a sleeping pill..........cant get any right now however

i think when i get some it will be a small piece of ativan or xanax and a beer on nights im struggling

I/O

not trying to preach...

but maybe some of you guys should seriously think about changing your lifestyle. Especially if you are young.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

not trying to preach...

but maybe some of you guys should seriously think about changing your lifestyle. Especially if you are young.
    in what ways?

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

not trying to preach...

yeah i cant stand hangovers that one of the reason i quit. also for me to get drunk its an extra 1000 calories, no way around that. when i get some money ill get into oxy's a little from time to time but overall just feels better to be healthy and gamble

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

TonyTall's addiction carousel...round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows!

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    yeah i cant stand hangovers that one of the reason i quit. also for me to get drunk its an extra 1000 calories, no way around that. when i get some money ill get into oxy's a little from time to time but overall just feels better to be healthy and gamble
    Hit the gym @ 6 am. Eat your big meal @ 2 pm . Light snack @ 6 pm.

Lay of the fukkin pills. Let your body tell you when its tired not your fukkin brain.

Brother been readin you a bit and if you waitin for your fukkin brain to tell you anything you pretty much fukked.

Sleep well

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    in what ways?
    just throwing a couple thoughts out.....

First off, it's generally a good idea to find fixes for personal health type issues without using drugs. From sleeping, weight, diabetes, or whatever, most drugs have some side affect or do not play well with other drugs OR FOODS. When you get older and really NEED some of these drugs, you may never get the benefits or your liver will be shot and you won't be able to take them.

Secondly, it's a good idea to get an 8 hour block of sleep at the same time EVERY DAY. Don't break up your sleep or change when you sleep. All your physical and more importantly MENTAL well being starts with sleep.

Thirdly, like any hobby or vice, there are many ways to go about it. Sleep starts everything in our body. It directly affects our quality of life. To put gambling (enter whatever habit you want here) ahead of something this important, is wrong. One should be able to gamble, and win OR lose, without that activity affecting sleep.

If you have stress in your life, and you are not being well paid for it, you should figure out any way you can to cut it out. Even if being paid, stress can be addressed and handled.

Well being=sleep

Sleep=well being

I've employed hundreds of people. Pills, power drinks, coffee, do not replace or cover up lack of sleep. Your body will never recover from daily routine. Taking anything constantly just compounds the problem. When you miss quality sleep, your body makes an IOU. This is all taxes the body and mind. Hopefully one can catch up at some point.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: billysink