teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do any of you guys go to movie theaters any more? Do you ever feel like slapping

Anyone ?reason I ask is its almost impossible to watch a movie in peace and quiet her in LA co Who the fukk brings an infant to see lone survivor on a Thursday night for a 10:45 pm showing I counted 3 infants Do you take or have you taken your infants to movies? Stop doing that shit. Cell phone texting guy has nothing on infant screaming at the top of its lungs that old man in Florida would have shot up the whole place here. Going to have to start paying 17.50 a ticket at the arch light in Hollywood drive 25 mins in LA traffic just to escape these rude ghetto fukks. I've even tried the am showings at Edwards/regal and amc no kids but cell phone talking guy is always there

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

That Florida shooting was pretty fukked up. 71 year old retired cop shot through the victim's wife's hand and killed her husband.

I agree about leaving the kids at home. I would never go out to the movies when I knew that I was bringing a possible annoyance with me. That is just ignorant.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

teaserpleaser

God bless you Kermit a decent human being...is it twitter,instagram, Facebook what is it? People didn't do this in the 90s not here anyway. LA is douche bag central period I get that but how do you as a couple decide its okay to bring your tired screaming baby to a late night showing? I don't understand that thought process.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I've talked to friends before about why they bring their babies to movies, especially late night ones, and yeah... I agree with you as their reasons didn't jive. Especially in the day of On Demand and torrent sites it all seems a bit inconsiderate to others and why would you even want to take care of your own kid during a movie? I took my son to his first movie this past year (he's 4) and it was the Smurfs2 so obviously anyone going would reasonably expect there'd be kids there so I felt no guilt when he was a bit over excited. We've been to a few movies since but always during special kid sessions that our cinema runs. I'd never bring a baby or even a preschooler to an adult movie.

BUT... for awhile I lived very close to the Arc Light and it was the first time I'd ever gone to a movie myself. I planned to see one and instead stayed for 3. I can only imagine it's even more plush there than it was back then so if you're forced to travel, at least you'll end up in a cool theatre!

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

yes, why are people in LA reproducing?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I've talked to friends before about why they bring their babies to movies, especially late night ones, and yeah... I agree with you as their reasons didn't jive. Especially in the day of On Demand and torrent sites it all seems a bit inconsiderate to others and why would you even want to take care of your own kid during a movie? I took my son to his first movie this past year (he's 4) and it was the Smurfs2 so obviously anyone going would reasonably expect there'd be kids there so I felt no guilt when he was a bit over excited. We've been to a few movies since but always during special kid sessions that our cinema runs. I'd never bring a baby or even a preschooler to an adult movie.

BUT... for awhile I lived very close to the Arc Light and it was the first time I'd ever gone to a movie myself. I planned to see one and instead stayed for 3. I can only imagine it's even more plush there than it was back then so if you're forced to travel, at least you'll end up in a cool theatre!
    Hollywood arch light taken over by hipsters which is another mess ...douche bag central
    Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    yes, why are people in LA reproducing?

Because they feel they are better than you would be my guess kids have never been in my master plan for this short time on earth.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Hollywood arch light taken over by hipsters which is another mess ...douche bag central
    Oh yucky!!! It almost felt like a hidden gem when I'd go there. My boss sent us there a few times and then I decided to go on my own and it was like being in a nice movie theatre somewhere with hardcore movie lovers. So wasn't douche baggy at all. I'm really sad to hear that's what happened to it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

someone post a photo of a douche bag hipster...

what does one look like?

i wouldnt know one if i saw one

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

what does one look like?

Any guy in slim fit chinos...
    Black jeans..
    Oversized glasses..
    Man bags .
    Logo t shirts, big random pictures..

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

oh ok i think i just saw one of these guys at the gas station.

speaking of "Lone Survivor" i was thinking about going to see that..

was it good?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

what does one look like?

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Every once in a blue moon ill go if its something I really want to see,I think Final Destination 4 was the last film I went and saw.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

oh ok i think i just saw one of these guys at the gas station.

speaking of "Lone Survivor" i was thinking about going to see that..

was it good?
    It was good...intense. Happened to be in the theater with someone that knew Michael Murphy. Dude started crying at the end it,

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    It was good...intense. Happened to be in the theater with someone that knew Michael Murphy. Dude started crying at the end it,
    was it sad?

teaserpleaser

Sad at the end when they show them with family or wedding pictures with the birth- death dates that always gets me lucky for me some ass hat behind me was talking on his cell phone so I was too pissed to get the water works going

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    That Florida shooting was pretty fukked up. 71 year old retired cop shot through the victim's wife's hand and killed her husband.

I agree about leaving the kids at home. I would never go out to the movies when I knew that I was bringing a possible annoyance with me. That is just ignorant.
    But we need to carry guns in movie theaters because you never know when a wacko might snap.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Sad at the end when they show them with family or wedding pictures with the birth- death dates that always gets me lucky for me some ass hat behind me was talking on his cell phone so I was too pissed to get the water works going
    This...thinking about dudes dying when their lives haven't really even started...that gets me

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

so it was a downer movie?

i need to see something funny

The Skipper
    The Skipper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lone survivor was good. Lots of killing and blood. Wolf of wall street was very good.
    I love going to the movies with my wife. We usually go during the day when all the kids r still at school. Going on a weeknight is just outta the question. Kids these days have no respect

BIG
    BIG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

so it was a downer movie?

i need to see something funny
    I would recommend seeing it. Great movie has quite a bit of humor in it itself. Sad at that end as they show the death dates and family as ppl stated. You could leave at that point and not watch but some ppl mite think its disrespectul i dunno???