daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Anyone Ever Have Angular Cheilitis??

It's basically having a crack on the corners of your lips (its not herpes or a cold sore). Apparently I've had it for a few days now and it's pretty annoying. It doesn't really hurt or anything, it's just noticeable when I open my mouth to talk or eat. Says online it can take anywhere from a few days to a couple months to heal in some cases. Anyone have any ways to cure this?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

If it's what I think it is (I'm too lazy to research it right now), put some rubbing alcohol on it for a few days, and it goes away. It's usually caused by acidic foods like tomato sauce or wing sauce that gets in the corners of your lip. Avoid that stuff for awhile, dry it out with the alcohol, and you should be good.

I've had it, and you're right, it doesn't hurt, but it's ugly and as guys we just want to pick at it and make it worse.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    It's basically having a crack on the corners of your lips (its not herpes or a cold sore). Apparently I've had it for a few days now and it's pretty annoying. It doesn't really hurt or anything, it's just noticeable when I open my mouth to talk or eat. Says online it can take anywhere from a few days to a couple months to heal in some cases. Anyone have any ways to cure this?

i think it comes from dry skin due to cold weather.

try carmax lip balm and it should go away within 2 days.

kaliboyz
    Update your status
    kaliboyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 497

Sorry pal!!! you ate a dirty oyster

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Just tried the rubbing alcohol approach. I'll see if that helps. I could just peel off the dry skin right now, but then it would just come back again so I guess I'll have to wait.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Just tried the rubbing alcohol approach. I'll see if that helps. I could just peel off the dry skin right now, but then it would just come back again so I guess I'll have to wait.
    Yeah, sounds more and more like what I was talking about. Just keep on the alcohol, don't mess with it, and keep food away from it the best you can.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1712

A and d ointment