ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

"How The Other Half Lives": My Experience in Foxboro

This is copy and pasted straight from a thread on the Colts fan forums.

Yeah, that is his thread title as well. Some people clicking into here thinking I went to the game. I didn't. Sorry if you can't read!

Hello everyone-- first let me say that we had a fantastic season. We reclaimed the division and witnessed the second greatest comeback in playoff history! Our future is bright, and after the sting of the loss we can only hold our heads up and smile.

Living in New York state and being an avid Colts fan, I was able to make it to the game with my parents. It was a 5 and a half hour car ride, but with the Colts being so close, it had to happen. I am in the process of joining the military, and don't know how many more opportunities I will have to go to games with my family.

I had been to 2 games prior to last night (the Buffalo game last season and the Denver game this season) so I wasn't new to a "live game" experience. I knew that going to Foxboro for a playoff game would be rough, especially with the rivalry between our ball clubs, but I didn't imagine how bad it could (and would) be.

Our seats were up in the nosebleeds, but I was just happy to be there in the flesh. When we first arrived at the stadium, there were playful little jibes here and there from Patriot fans but they were friendly for the most part. However, the people around me and my parents were absolutely brutal. Stumbling around drunk before the opening kickoff, scream obscenities, spilling beer on my arm (I was seated at the base of a staircase and at the end of the row), shouting in my ear, throwing cups.... it was horrendous. There were some older men (in their 50s-- I'm in my 20s) a few rows below us who only saw Vinny kicking extra points after our TDs-- every other play the rest of the game they only screamed at us even though we had our mouths shut the entire time. I know my place-- I keep my mouth shut when in the belly of the beast as I was.

At halftime, my dad and I went to the men's room. Outside you could hear screaming and jeering-- when we got inside a guy in a Peyton jersey was being accosted while trying to use the facilities. When I got a chance to do my business, I was challenged to a fight by a guy I said nothing to. Boy oh boy.

Let me interject by saying that I understand that trash talk and banter are 100% a part of sports, and arguably even add to the fun of being a fan. However, what Patriot fans do is horrendous. Never have I seen somebody blacked out drunk at the Luke, let alone heckle opposing fans with obscenities and threats. Last year at the Bills game, my dad was wearing his Stevie Johnson jersey and was left right alone. The people in front of us (Colts fans) picked on him here and there but laughed about it and even high fived him a bunch of times, including when the Bills scored. Dad said that he was amazed at how docile us Colts fans were.

I apologize for the essay, but I just wanted to share my experience, and thank Colts fans for being such a classy bunch. You are all like my extended family when I make it to home games at the Luke. As a fanbase, we can definitely attest to being a much classier bunch than Patriot fans. Let me also say that I know that the fans around us don't represent the entire Patriot fanbase (there are some posters on here who carry themselves maturely), but man would I be embarrassed if I saw Colts fans treating an opposing fan that way, especially if those fans kept quiet the entire game.

Has anyone else had similar rough experiences at Gillette or other stadiums?
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 01-13-14 at 10:25 PM.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

This happens at every stadium, seen it many times at Ravens Steelers games.

Not worth going to football games anymore, at home experience is miles ahead.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

yea im the drunk

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Dude should go to Jersey City...people throw their own mothers in front of trains on dare's to make a buck...and their sober

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    yea im the drunk

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Dude should go to Jersey City...people throw their own mothers in front of trains on dare's to make a buck...and their sober
    I think it has something to do with the east coast. The worst fan bases I've experienced that traveled to Indy were the Jets and Patriots and the Ravens a little... but the Ravens were a playoff game so you gotta expect there to be fans who are still bitter over the Colts leaving Balty. Winning 20-3 shut them up. Nothing wrong with Steeler fans... although that was 2011 so they probably just felt bad that we had Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter pretending to play QB that night .

Winning 35-34 with a 17 point quarter comeback shut up the bad Patriot fans.

Winning 30-17 in the AFCCG shut up all the idiotic & drunk Jet fans too.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I was at the game Saturday night, sitting in section 137 row 20 seat 10 - right in the heart of the NUTS. Those lower level, corner seats have a healthy mix of season ticket holders and "Bleacher Creatures" (to use a term from Fenway). We tailgated in the pouring rain until tarps and tents for 3 hours before the game and I saw everything. Yes, there are people drunk, yelling, stumbling, slurring and getting rowdy. However, I didn't see or hear anything that I would consider disrespectful or horrendous. I've been to plenty of Pats games (and a few playoff games) and it's never bad. Unfortunately, you and your family ran into two obnoxious dudes. Everyone was drunk, but not everyone was an asshole

Gillette is one of the best stadiums in the league to experience the NFL. All the way from getting in and out of the stadium, parking up and down Route 1, hiking in packs to the game with bev in hand, going under the tunnel of Route 1 and getting pumped up like you're playing and then the great atmosphere inside the stadium. It's a truly a great place.
    Points Awarded:

Mitchell88 gave VegasInsider 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mitchell88

im not a mean drunk but I think that their are idiots at every football stadium in the country. Starting a fight with a guy who didn't do anything or doesn't want to fight is stupid and cowardly so that's just dumb. If everyone is just chilling and no one is riled up a little boring IMO. If you don't want to get heckled than just wear a regular sweatshirt jacket whatever. No one is saying you have to wear a Hernandez jersey (but if you don't you might get shot that's how we roll in Foxboro).

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

You wanna see scumbags, go to an Eagles game. They are truly the worst.

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Never wear the opponent's gear at an NFL game, just not worth it.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I was at the game Saturday night, sitting in section 137 row 20 seat 10 - right in the heart of the NUTS. Those lower level, corner seats have a healthy mix of season ticket holders and "Bleacher Creatures" (to use a term from Fenway). We tailgated in the pouring rain until tarps and tents for 3 hours before the game and I saw everything. Yes, there are people drunk, yelling, stumbling, slurring and getting rowdy. However, I didn't see or hear anything that I would consider disrespectful or horrendous. I've been to plenty of Pats games (and a few playoff games) and it's never bad. Unfortunately, you and your family ran into two obnoxious dudes. Everyone was drunk, but not everyone was an asshole

Gillette is one of the best stadiums in the league to experience the NFL. All the way from getting in and out of the stadium, parking up and down Route 1, hiking in packs to the game with bev in hand, going under the tunnel of Route 1 and getting pumped up like you're playing and then the great atmosphere inside the stadium. It's a truly a great place.
    Re-read what I stated to begin the thread. I copy and pasted this from the Colts fan forums. I wasn't at the game.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Baines View Post
    Never wear the opponent's gear at an NFL game, just not worth it.
    yep, one mistake the guy made.

Mitchell88

the guy seems like he is a timid guy who is very uneducated at how cruel this world is

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Re-read what I stated to begin the thread. I copy and pasted this from the Colts fan forums. I wasn't at the game.
    Gotcha. You should copy and paste my response to that forum

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

From my NFL game experience watching it live, Raider fans are the worst Chargers fans the coolest with Broncos fan at the game and tailgate.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

It's like Colin Cowherd says, you have to price out the scumbags who have nothing to lose. Drunk, idiots with a rap sheet that go everywhere trying to start a fight. It's the difference between the NFL and every other major sport. With the combination of outstanding HD TV coverage and the deteriorating live game experience, the NFL will continue to see attendance go down as it has since 2007.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

im a fukking season ticket holder...sec 140 row 21....ive seen the colts come to town numerous fukking times....never once seen anything of the sort....and ive had colts fans straight from indy in the seats directly in front of me(im not sure how they got them since the guys in front of us are seasons too...maybe they were friends)....i know at least in my section none of this shit goes on......yeah when you sit up in the nosebleeds you are gonna deal with assholes who go once a year at best....and they aint gonna care how they act....as a season ticket holder you conduct yourself

on the otherside.....ive shared these two stories here in the past....so ill say it again...i got out to indy in 07(undefeated season..last year of rca dome).....i go with my father...who is in his 60s....were wearing patriots gear...the minute we get to our seats a bunch of people start heckling us....to the point that security pulls me out of my sec to have a word with me....i had to reason with the dude "im here with my father man you think im starting shit with anyone"........by the end of the game most of the people near us were congratulating us and some were telling us they thought tom was better than peyton

i went out the next year...first year of lucas oil stadium....everything was cool....then after the game im walking with my friend...and a drunk girl in a colts gear decides to flip my hat off as she passes.....shes with her bf and another couple...i turn around and shove her bf in the back....she screams "what are you fuking doing...he didnt do anything"...i said "no shit ...what am i supposed to shove you"?....her bf was cool about the whole thing and realized it was messed up

having been out there twice....i throughly enjoyed the city...the people at bars and restaurants were cool as shit....st elmos is great.....i really enjoyed it so much.....but this is reality...there is trash or drunk assholes everywhere...in every nfl city and stadium......so spare me this "foxboro is completely classless" bs.....it just shows more of your insecurity....grow up kid

bobby heenan
    Update your status

whoever this guy that posted this is....is just clueless....naive ....i mean thatopmoron is just an insecure twit...the original poster is just naive.....i know in my section or anywhere else ive never seen someone treat an opposing fan like crap(and we actually end up with alot of people in opposing gear)....that doesnt mean i actually think it doesnt happen in another section...or another part of the stadium...or outside of it

"id be embarrassed if i saw a colts fan treat someone else this way".....this poor guy...he prob doesnt know his wife is getting pounded by a guy at work either....yes just because you havent seen it doesnt mean it doesnt happen pal

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

The problem is that if you wear the opponent's garb to a stadium- even one full of friendly and cool people, all it takes is a couple of drunk assholes to cause a problem. I don't know why people want to bring that headache on to themselves. Sitting in your seats isn't even the real problem, because security can help there... it's walking to and from the stadium, taking a piss, etc. Why make yourself a target? Wear neutral colors and you can still cheer for your team, if you are not obnoxious, the people sitting around you probably won't even notice.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Baines View Post
    The problem is that if you wear the opponent's garb to a stadium- even one full of friendly and cool people, all it takes is a couple of drunk assholes to cause a problem. I don't know why people want to bring that headache on to themselves. Sitting in your seats isn't even the real problem, because security can help there... it's walking to and from the stadium, taking a piss, etc. Why make yourself a target? Wear neutral colors and you can still cheer for your team, if you are not obnoxious, the people sitting around you probably won't even notice.
    sorry...but most people going to an nfl road game or whatever...are going to wear their teams gear.....because you arent alone...i can remember being in miami, indy, baltimore, ny....wearing pats gear...you see others wearing it and you instantly recognize each other and have an ally.....thats just kinda how it is.....

the biggest problem is theres always a guy or two who takes things way too seriously...ive been in opposing stadiums...baseball and football....and had shouting matches with dudes...heckling each other...raggin on each others teams....and it was all laughs....completely cool between us and there are those grins exchanged where we know its all fun.....at the same time...ive seen some others who take things personally and actually get serious and mad......i remember i was in baltimore watching the sox play the last series of the year before the playoffs in 04.....i had a pats hat on....just regular clothes...i stood up and clapped after a play....this guy was probably my age....made some comment about going back to boston or whatever....i turned around and he was wearing an edgerrin james jersey...and i just started busting on the colts and he laughed and said something to the effect of "ya yer right".....at the same time ive been to the old meadowlands and basically had security come and move me to another section for the last 5 minutes of a game because a bunch of guys couldnt handle me giving back to them what they were giving to me

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Your main problem was sitting up in the nosebleeds.....All the fringe fans and BS usually goes on up there

People are just scumbags, no idea what people get out of bullying opposing fans when everyone is there to have fun and watch their team play a football game.....Just fukkin losers I guess

Guys that wear opposing gear and are the ones instigating deserve what ever happens though

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    im a fukking season ticket holder...sec 140 row 21....ive seen the colts come to town numerous fukking times....never once seen anything of the sort....and ive had colts fans straight from indy in the seats directly in front of me(im not sure how they got them since the guys in front of us are seasons too...maybe they were friends)....i know at least in my section none of this shit goes on......yeah when you sit up in the nosebleeds you are gonna deal with assholes who go once a year at best....and they aint gonna care how they act....as a season ticket holder you conduct yourself

on the otherside.....ive shared these two stories here in the past....so ill say it again...i got out to indy in 07(undefeated season..last year of rca dome).....i go with my father...who is in his 60s....were wearing patriots gear...the minute we get to our seats a bunch of people start heckling us....to the point that security pulls me out of my sec to have a word with me....i had to reason with the dude "im here with my father man you think im starting shit with anyone"........by the end of the game most of the people near us were congratulating us and some were telling us they thought tom was better than peyton

i went out the next year...first year of lucas oil stadium....everything was cool....then after the game im walking with my friend...and a drunk girl in a colts gear decides to flip my hat off as she passes.....shes with her bf and another couple...i turn around and shove her bf in the back....she screams "what are you fuking doing...he didnt do anything"...i said "no shit ...what am i supposed to shove you"?....her bf was cool about the whole thing and realized it was messed up

having been out there twice....i throughly enjoyed the city...the people at bars and restaurants were cool as shit....st elmos is great.....i really enjoyed it so much.....but this is reality...there is trash or drunk assholes everywhere...in every nfl city and stadium......so spare me this "foxboro is completely classless" bs.....it just shows more of your insecurity....grow up kid
    "This is copy and pasted straight from a thread on the Colts fan forums."

"Yeah, that is his thread title as well. Some people clicking into here thinking I went to the game. Sorry!"

fool #2 strikes

learn to read, not my story

funny how some girl flips your hat off and you can't keep cool from something like that? LOL

I was at both those games, the 24-20 Pats comeback in 07 (good thing too, or else they wouldn't have gone 18-0 and had that ultimate choke to Eli) and the 18-15 win in 08 first year lucas oil stadium.

So I guess you didn't come back in 09 and see the epic "4th and 2" game the next year? ahhhh too bad for you. I had some drunk, angry mad patriot fans try and start shit with me after that game as all Colts fans were riding the high and me and my bud didn't back down... then after they continued on some other Colt fans came over to back us up and the lil drunk pack of idiots tucked tail and left, quickly.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Topper what is your beef with Brady and pats lol

bobby heenan
    Update your status

"This is copy and pasted straight from a thread on the Colts fan forums."

"Yeah, that is his thread title as well. Some people clicking into here thinking I went to the game. Sorry!"

fool #2 strikes

learn to read, not my story

funny how some girl flips your hat off and you can't keep cool from something like that? LOL

I was at both those games, the 24-20 Pats comeback in 07 (good thing too, or else they wouldn't have gone 18-0 and had that ultimate choke to Eli) and the 18-15 win in 08 first year lucas oil stadium.

So I guess you didn't come back in 09 and see the epic "4th and 2" game the next year? ahhhh too bad for you. I had some drunk, angry mad patriot fans try and start shit with me after that game as all Colts fans were riding the high and me and my bud didn't back down... then after they continued on some other Colt fans came over to back us up and the lil drunk pack of idiots tucked tail and left, quickly.
    i can read fine....im fully aware you grabbed it from another forum....the fact that you had to post it...shows what in insecure twit you are......what i was saying was in refernce to the topic....not directly at you....you dumb shit...excuse me but what was your point in reposting it again?

no i didnt come back the next year for the epic 4th and 2 game...i was in vegas for cotto/pacquiao fight.....

im sorry...you are right...i cant keep my cool....when a complete stranger comes up to me and touches me trying to instigate shit for no reason other than i was walking passed them in the opposite direction....i didnt even glance or look at them let alone say a word

cool story bro...you and your indy counterparts are much tougher than us guys up here...that story proves it! your team is also much better at football than ours....

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Bring a knife and bust it out. Fk them bitches.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

boo hoo, guy had it pretty mild for a NFL game.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    the dude is obsessed...i bet he literally picked up a 10lb dumbell and starting doing curls after typing his story about making some drunk patriots fan "tuck tail" and leave real quickly.....so let me get this straight.....you and a buddy are beefing with a couple of patriots fan leaving your home stadium.....and yet a bunch of other people felt the need to interject on your behalf??? so basically there was like a gang of colts fan, that were actually complete strangers to you, helping you gang up on some other guys who were "beefing with you"....thats pretty cool shit...i know if i was at gillette and saw a group of colts fans beefing with some patriots fans...id either keep walking or just stop and watch the show.....lol....wouldnt see me trying to get up in their business.....but i guess thats the insecurity of not just you...but all colts fans

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    it's hate the Patriots week, just like last week... but I had to be silent last week. man of my word.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    Bring a knife and bust it out. Fk them bitches.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    the dude is obsessed...i bet he literally picked up a 10lb dumbell and starting doing curls after typing his story about making some drunk patriots fan "tuck tail" and leave real quickly.....so let me get this straight.....you and a buddy are beefing with a couple of patriots fan leaving your home stadium.....and yet a bunch of other people felt the need to interject on your behalf??? so basically there was like a gang of colts fan, that were actually complete strangers to you, helping you gang up on some other guys who were "beefing with you"....thats pretty cool shit...i know if i was at gillette and saw a group of colts fans beefing with some patriots fans...id either keep walking or just stop and watch the show.....lol....wouldnt see me trying to get up in their business.....but i guess thats the insecurity of not just you...but all colts fans
    i'm sure you're the one doing curls when you get pumped up, macho man.

you lost your cool because a girl flipped your hat to the ground

me and my buddy had 4 drunk, angry, raging patriot fans (17 point 4th quarter collapse) yelling shit and coming our way and when we laughed at them and told them to go back home to sleep off the choke job they continued towards us. so yeah, some other guys saw it and came over... said, you guys gonna have a problem here? that's when the 4 jack-offs left.

trying to get up in their business....

bold - so what you're saying is... you wouldn't have other Patriot fans backs? even if they were outnumbered

you penetrating pussy! all Colt fans have each others backs @ Lucas Oil, we are all family.

in the east... fukkk everyone! everyone for themselves. no wonder their are so many bad stories about east coast fans.
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 01-13-14 at 11:48 PM.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

i'm sure you're the one doing curls when you get pumped up, macho man.

you lost your cool because a girl flipped your hat to the ground

me and my buddy had 4 drunk, angry, raging patriot fans (17 point 4th quarter collapse) yelling shit and coming our way and when we laughed at them and told them to go back home to sleep off the choke job they continued towards us. so yeah, some other guys saw it and came over... said, you guys gonna have a problem here? that's when the 4 jack-offs left.

trying to get up in their business....

bold - so what you're saying is... you wouldn't have other Patriot fans backs? even if they were outnumbered

you penetrating pussy! all Colt fans have each others backs @ Lucas Oil, we are all family.

in the east... fukkk everyone! everyone for themselves. no wonder their are so many bad stories about east coast fans.
    why dont you and your family gather in lucas oil sunday and all watch the patriots play in the afc title game yet again...it could be a huge reunion....because that my friend is "how the other half lives"

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Pats fans sound like Niner fans...loud, obnoxious, tough in packs. Go Oakland Raiders!

bobby heenan
    Update your status

ya we are terrible fans....bad people too

ill share this...not sure why i feel the need to...but i will anyway

i used to post at a pro football forum...it was much like this....only about pro football....and most of the people respected each other and debated in a healthy way....wihtout name calling and whatnot...it was a good forum...and even it had its share of behavior that we see here....

at the height of the pats/colts rivarly...there was a guy there from the indy area...huge colts fan....we would debate with each other as the two most dominant homers of our respected teams....but we were good about it......so in 07 i told him i was coming out there....this dude drove 45 minutes into town ...picked me up and took me to a bar his sister worked at...i think it was called the buttery nipple or something....we drank all night for free and talked football...it was great...dude was so cool and friendly.....in our discussion i even revealed something to him that i thought was that was a major misconception at the time about the patriots....that after the superbowl when they lost....he told me "you were exactly right man"....and i offered him my tix anytime he wanted to come check out boston and gillette stadium...

the next year i came out again...on saturday night the celts played the pacers at conseco.....so i get into town friday early afternoon....hit a bar after i check in....the bar i was at was raffling off tickets to the game....i actually ended up winning them and already had tix to the game...we get in touch...he had told me previously he was having a big cookout at his house friday night ....dude came into town 45 minutes to pick me up....bring me to his place...then drop me back off later that night.....spent the evening in his backyard with him and his family....friends...drinking...eating... .here i was...this guy barely knew me...and im pissing behind his shed out in his backyard.....he was going to the game with his buddy....i pulled the extra tix out of my shorts and gave them to him(ya were all a bunch of dicks up here)...so his wife and her friend could go too....they were pretty happy and grateful....matty h....dude is real colts fan....deep down he hates the patriots as much as anyone...but at least he has respect.......

cruzing vato
    cruzing vato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 232

You should have invited the pats douchebags to join the military with you if they are so tough. Know you are the hero signing up to fight for those patriots fans. Shit, your the real patriot.