Betpoints: 740

Channel Crystos-Videos, Music, Quotes, and Madness

“TONIGHT AT THE MAGIC THEATER
    FOR MADMEN ONLY
    PRICE OF ADMITTANCE
    YOUR MIND.
    NOT FOR EVERYBODY.”

-Hermann Hesse

"You ask me how I became a madman. It happened thus: One day, long before many gods were born, I woke from a deep sleep and found all my masks were stolen -- the seven masks I have fashioned and worn in seven lives, -- I ran maskless through the crowded streets shouting, "Thieves, thieves, the cursed thieves."

Men and women laughed at me and some ran to their houses in fear of me.

And when I reached the market place, a youth standing on a house-top cried, "He is a madman." I looked up to behold him... For the first time the sun kissed my own naked face and my soul was inflamed with love for the sun, and I wanted my masks no more. And as if in a trance I cried, "Blessed, blessed are the thieves who stole my masks."

Thus I became a madman.

And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness; the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us."

- Kahlil Gibran

"the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars.”

-Jack Kerouac

“To know, is to know that you know nothing, that is the meaning of true knowledge.”

- Confucius

Crystos
    Crystos's Avatar Become A Pro!

And so I claim this thread as mine own. Where my madness may exist. Separate from your "life." I may be around. You may never hear from me again. 'Tis the case with madness, you never know...anything.

Crystos

Crystos

My boy Kerouac...

“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”
    - Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac, On the Road

“There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.”
    - Jack Kerouac, On the Road: The Original Scroll

“Don't use the phone. People are never ready to answer it. Use poetry.”
    - Jack Kerouac

“What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?”
    - Jack Kerouac

“My whole wretched life swam before my weary eyes, and I realized no matter what you do it's bound to be a waste of time in the end so you might as well go mad.”
    - Jack Kerouac, On the Road: The Original Scroll

Crystos

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
    -Robin Williams

Only those things are beautiful which are inspired by madness and written by reason.
    -Andre Gide

There is no great genius without a mixture of madness.
    -Aristotle

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.
    -Edgar Allan Poe

I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people.
    -Isaac Newton

Men are so necessarily mad, that not to be mad would amount to another form of madness.
    -Blaise Pascal

Crystos

Of course, I'm not actually a madman just want to give yall SBR folks a piece of my mind.

Also, I'm drunk.

Naturally

Crystos

By the way, Requiem for a Dream is one of the greatest films ever made. The book is outstanding and the soundtrack and all remixes of the soundtrack are phenomenal...and I love Jennifer Connelley to this day because of that movie.

Crystos

"I'm fukkin fine. I'll catch you on the flip side."

Turn up volume and enjoy

Crystos

One of the best songs I've heard in years:

Arctic Monkeys

Do I Wanna Know?

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

great freaking flicks dude.

Ur nuttier then squirrel turds Crystos , but I like it

Crystos

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    great freaking flicks dude.

Ur nuttier then squirrel turds Crystos , but I like it
    HaHa! So I've been told...and thanks

Crystos

Today was fukkin rough. I'm a professional drinker and have some kind of hangover nearly every day. Today was one of them serious ones, though. Had to be at work at six. Slammed a Heineken for breakfast just to be able to function. It was all downhill from there...penetrate you Mr. Jack Daniels.

If you've never seen this movie, its awesome. Called Drunken Master. Check it out...

Crystos

“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
    - Edgar Allan Poe

“I really believe, or want to believe, really I am nuts, otherwise I'll never be sane.”
    - Allen Ginsberg

“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”
    - Akira Kurosawa

“Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!”
    - Dale Wasserman

“One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”
    - Nikola Tesla

“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad.”
    - Salvador Dali

Crystos

"I swear I'm not."

Crystos

Maynard James Keenan - a living legend. Not the biggest fan of Puscifer but this song is something special...

Crystos

Obviously one of the best movies ever made. Also, the book. Thompson was a maniacal genius.

“You better take care of me Lord, if you don't you're gonna have me on your hands.”

Crystos

Crystos

Alright, one more...then its back to work at six.

One of my favorite videos of all time and just a great jam.

Crystos

"You know what I call that? I call that slow go money."

"I'm talking about gambling moneeeeeey!"

Crystos

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

“He was going to live forever, or die in the attempt."

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

“Insanity is contagious.”

“[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.”

“The country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them.”

"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!"

"There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.
    "That's some catch, that catch-22," he observed.
    "It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed."

Crystos

A piece of my own writing. Written a couple years ago on the night of the full moon just like tonight...

The Full Moon

I am awake. I look at the insanely bright numbers displayed on my phone. Two o' clock in the fukking morning. I turn over and close my eyes again. Drifting restlessly through the dream and the reality. Three, Four the hours tick by with me waking fully at the turn of each. Five thirty comes fast and I curse the very gravity that keeps me glued to this godforsaken planet. Coffee. Cigarette. The sun begins to shine, the birds sing and everything is goddamn beautiful.

Fukking work. Whatever. Another day another dollar. The morning's charm fades and with the heat of the day the intensity begins to build. A small pressure in the center of my chest. A slight tightening of the jaw. I am alive. I feel the blood in my veins. Feel the power of my being. Carnal instincts and heightened senses. The pressure builds as time flows, slowly turning to pain. I yearn to sprint into the nearest copse and run, tear my clothes mid stride and run. Feel the forest rip at my skin, the animals cower at my superiority. Instead I blink, breathe and crack a smile that does little to hide the snarl beneath.

The day wanes as quickly as the one before and I head home. The ride back is a fukking roller coaster. The pain. Elation of life and despair of existence and my chest tightening, my heart throbbing. And still the goddamn, motherfucking pain.

I've felt this way before. I know it, its so familiar yet distant like a scent on a passing breeze. I pace my apartment, an animal caged. Every muscle contracted, pupils dilated and hair bristling. I am alive. I live and I scream. The goddamn pain, the fukking pressure. So intense, unbearable. I ache. I long to dig my fingers into my chest and rip my fukking rib cages wide the fukk open, releasing, relieving the pressure in what must be a wave of devastating energy. Somehow, the walls are getting closer. Fearing my imminent spontaneous combustion I rush into the open air. I've felt this way before. Looking up I realize...the goddamn Full Moon.
    Last edited by Crystos; 01-16-14 at 02:44 AM.

Crystos

Brushin my teeth with Jack Daniel's and rinsing with Heineken this morning...

Some wake up music

Crystos

Crystos

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.”

“To go wrong in one's own way is better then to go right in someone else's.”

“The darker the night, the brighter the stars,
    The deeper the grief, the closer is God!”

“And the more I drink the more I feel it. That's why I drink too. I try to find sympathy and feeling in drink.... I drink so that I may suffer twice as much!”

“It takes something more than intelligence to act intelligently.”

“Man has it all in his hands, and it all slips through his fingers from sheer cowardice.”

“We're always thinking of eternity as an idea that cannot be understood, something immense. But why must it be? What if, instead of all this, you suddenly find just a little room there, something like a village bath-house, grimy, and spiders in every corner, and that's all eternity is. Sometimes, you know, I can't help feeling that that's what it is.”

“Only to live, to live and live! Life, whatever it may be!”

Crystos

“Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up."

"Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am Pagliacci.”

Crystos

Fidel_CashFlow

hot

Fidel_CashFlow

u have done it again herb shes hot

Crystos

“When I drink, I think; and when I think, I drink.”

• Frantois Rabelais

“I feel bad for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.”

• Frank Sinatra

“Wine is bottled poetry.”

• Robert Louis Stevenson

“After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world.”

• Oscar Wilde

“I have the feeling that drinking is a form of suicide where you're allowed to return to life and begin all over the next day. It's like killing yourself, and then you're reborn. I guess I've lived about ten or fifteen thousand lives now.”

• Charles Bukowski

“No animal ever invented anything so bad as drunkenness - or so good as drink.”

• Lord Chesterton

“Wine is sunlight, held together by water.”

• Galileo Galilei

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

• Benjamin Franklin

“Here's to alcohol, the rose colored glasses of life.”

• F. Scott Fitzgerald

Crystos

The dude abides

Crystos

I recommend a spinning room, flashing visions, beautiful girls, and total inebriation...

Crystos

"I am a ridiculous person. Now they call me a madman. That would be a promotion if it were not that I remain as ridiculous in their eyes as before. But now I do not resent it, they are all dear to me now, even when they laugh at me - and, indeed, it is just then that they are particularly dear to me. I could join in their laughter - not exactly at myself, but through affection for them, if I did not feel so sad as I look at them. Sad because they do not know the truth and I do know it. Oh, how hard it is to be the only one who knows the truth! But they won't understand that. No, they won't understand it."
    - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

http://fiction.eserver.org/short/dre...ulous_man.html

Crystos

"It can't rain all the time."

Crystos

“Remember that the best and greatest among mankind are those who do themselves no worldly good. Every successful man is more or less a selfish man. The devoted fail...”
    -Thomas Hardy, Jude the Obscure

“A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die.”
    -Franz Kafka

“You'll forget it when your dead, and so will I. When I'm dead I'm going to forget everything – and I advise you do the same.”
    -Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.”
    -Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

But for what purpose was the earth formed?" asked Candide.
    "To drive us mad," replied Martin.”

-Voltaire, Candide

Crystos

What is Time? Answer you fiend. You've as little conception as I.

So your the great corrupter? Confused, like everyone else.

Making your way through an existence you don't understand? You've already lost.

The Game? Your Game? Rigged from the beginning.

you lose

12 Last