easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

When have tattoos become a thing of the norm?

Seems like every other person I meet has a tattoo. And its usually just not one people seem to have multiple tattoos whether its a small symbol or a big drawing of some sort. The only time I would think it would be acceptable is if your trying to hide some sort of skin mark or strech. And now theirs all these tv shows about getting inked it seems like most of the population will get inked once they are the legal age to do so. I even got a relative who got the names of her 2 children tattoed on her arm after age 45. I've always been told on that you shouldn't be getting tattoos where they would be fully visible and it would effect you in the workfield as people will simply not higher you if you got a visible tattoo. Why a person would get a neck tattoo at age 20 is beyond me. So when did tattoos become acceptable and when I tell people I don't have one and am not planning on ever getting one people make a big fuss about it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i dont want to get one too permanent for me, almost everyone i know has one

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I don't really want to get one but it seems like everyone has them. The number of woman with tats is growing quickly. I'm OK with them as long as it's not too big or something I don't find attractive.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Tattoo= Personal Identifier

CountNo_Account
    The Man, the Myth,the Legend, the Count
    CountNo_Account's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3779

People are sheep...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: C-Gold

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I don't think there is anything wrong with a tattoo, but getting certain tattoos that can ruin your life down the road are just stupid. I had recently seen a very attractive young girl who had tattoos all over her hands and fingers.

I am also starting to see a lot of fat ugly women getting fresh tats. It's bad enough being extremely overweight and showing off your body, but getting a tat makes it worse because now they really want to show off their body.

There is also nothing worse than seeing a middle aged woman with young kids and a ugly neck tattoo.
    Last edited by Kermit; 01-09-14 at 08:33 PM.

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

It has degenerated since the tramp stamp.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

I want to get a tattoo of a butt on my butt

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

people have too much time and money on their hands.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    I want to get a tattoo of a butt on my butt
    With a butt shaped tattoo on it?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1712

Sh sh shut up butthead

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gangs get em for identity and rank of said gang.........

Which is very stupid for the fact Tats gives authorities a significant edge.....

Once your in the system,you are much easier to identify......

But then again gang members are not the sharpest knives in the drawer that's why their gang members....Lol.......

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I like the No Ragrets tatoo in Meet the Millers

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

33 and im the only person i know without one

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I like the No Ragrets tatoo in Meet the Millers
    nahimsayin

ElCapitan
    ElCapitan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Two things to help everyone here out with retirement:

1. Invest in medical equipment companies that make or will make tattoo removal equipment
    2. Become an investor/partner with a dermatologist that specializes in tattoo removal

Thank me in 20 years when you're rolling in dough because these businesses are going to be booming.

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

I have a couple. I'm in my 40's. When I first got one at 19, NOBODY had it. I was fascinated with tattoos for as long as I could remember, and always wanted one. I was the only guy in my group that had a tattoo, and anywhere I walked with a tank top on, people noticed and commented. I was proud of it, loved it. THEN.... the boom happened, and honestly, it cheapened it for me. I still don't regret it, and love my ink, but geez, EVERYONE has one.
    I will say the quality of tattoos has gotten MUCH more advanced. Some of the good work is flat out amazing.

I agree... I don't get the neck tats, or anything that might prevent me from working in a professional environment. However, this is even more accepted today than ever before. I don't judge anyone for their decisions, however stupid they may be! (FACE TATS?)

As for the laser investing, I've been saying that the last ten years. The shops are all over now, and oddly enough, some tattoo studios have licensed technicians IN SHOP that will perform the procedure. Depending on the tattoo, color of ink used, and quality, it may not erase the tattoo completely. It takes time, and more money than most are willing to spend. From the people I've talked to that have gone through it, MOST people that get tattoos removed are getting poor work or something they regret lightened....so they can get another tattoo over the same spot.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

If you are ever wanted by police, the tattoo is what can easily identify you. Im not saying you will commit crimes, but people have been framed for things before.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

Guys I don't care I don't stare at them but girls hate that tats are the norm im old fashioned hate tats on a girl.Seems any chic under 40 has a bunch of them

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

No different than branding of cattle, except for the cattle I mean people choose to be branded........

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan View Post
    Two things to help everyone here out with retirement:

1. Invest in medical equipment companies that make or will make tattoo removal equipment
    2. Become an investor/partner with a dermatologist that specializes in tattoo removal

Thank me in 20 years when you're rolling in dough because these businesses are going to be booming.
    why wait 20 years? invest in tattoo equipment or a shop right now, then in the removal later.... "you'll win twice brotha" (joe dirt voice)

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

My thoughts...

1) Why does anyone care if you having a tatt makes you easier to identify by the police?? Are you people a bunch of fugitives? I know we have drug dealers on here, but it usually won't affect you either.

2) I don't disparage anyone who gets one, it clearly means something to you (at the time), but I've never gotten one just because I remember that every time I had thought of getting one in the past, I'm glad I didn't a few years later. That tells me all I need to know.

3) I don't like tatts on girls. Sue me. Tatts on boobs, neck, hands are deal-breakers as far as dating goes, but they're normally an easy lay since it's clear they make a lot of bad decisions. Beyond that I don't care as much. If I did, I would limit my dating pool down to like 20 girls in Vegas, and all 20 would be a bunch of prude Mormons.

4) They WILL look like shit 25 years from now, no matter how many times you update it, especially males since they don't take as good of care of their skin. All those old Navy vets have tatts that you can't even make out now, and those were very simple and crude. Maybe I should just stay single, so I can be a rare treasure by then since I don't have any. I'll be the Don Juan of the bingo parlor.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

LOOK AT ME, I'M IRISH SO I GOT A TATTOO OF THE IRISH FLAG ON MY ARM EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO IRELAND!!!!

penetrating lemming sheep idiots. You think you do this to personalize your appearance but you are trying to fit in with all the other sheep.

The worst is the stupid sorority type girls that do it because they are dying for attention.

kaalhode
    kaalhode's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 341

Agree with a post eariler. Tattooes which, down the line will be a burden for you is for people that can't (or won't) think them self old.