RingoStarr
    RingoStarr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone explain to my wife that Times Square on NYE is not worth the headache.

She wants to make the trek to NYC for New Years Eve.
    I do not get it. Herded in an area with a million other bodies in freezing temps just to watch a ball get slowly lowered. I could think of a million other things I'd rather be doing on NYE. Heck, I'd rather be doing nothing on NYE than to deal with this headache.

Someone who has experienced this over-hyped event explain to her that it's not worth the 8-hour trip.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

People start drinking heavy around 6 PM.... Ball Drops at Midnight. Equation? Nowhere to piss. Girls squatting behind people... urine all over the place. Stuff they don't show you on TV.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Hello Mrs Starr, it's not worth the headache.

Watch the ball fall on television and get a good night's sleep in your own bed.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    People start drinking heavy around 6 PM.... Ball Drops at Midnight. Equation? Nowhere to piss. Girls squatting behind people... urine all over the place. Stuff they don't show you on TV.
    This is true. We went to New York to stay with my wife's cousins(I think in either 2005 or 2006) and ended up in Time Square and there was a lot of nasty stuff going on. People were puking on the sidewalks and a lot of tourists acting like total assholes. Definitely not as cool as it looks on Television.

Dr. Gambler
    Dr. Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Your in this 50 person gated off almost like caged in animals. No FCK way would I ever go there. I'm only bout an hour or so away and never once made the trip even in my younger crazyer years. Stay close to home. Go to real nice dinner drink so good wine and maybe stop and see close friends

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Yeah I don't know what it is with women and new years. I think they just want something to talk about when their friends ask them, "what did u do on new years eve?"

It's just more garbage designed for guys to spend $ on chicks. Valentines day, Christmas, mothers day, new years eve... its all stupid.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

It was too hectic when I went in October so cant imagine what it'd be like on NYE!!

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love NYC more then anyone you will ever meet and there is no WORSE place you could possibly be [except MAYBE fat Sammys] on New Years eve the street literally run with piss. DONT DO it you will e miserable and freezng your ass off.

Kermit

If you don't want your wife or girlfriend to get felt up by strangers, then don't go to Time Square on New Years.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/sydne...year-fireworks

"We've got adult diapers. We're wearing them right now," said 14-year-old Amber Woods, who came with friends from the New York City's suburbs to experience the event for the first time. They entered their corral at 10 a.m. For nourishment, they brought lollipops and popcorn. For the cold, they did a lot of jumping in place.
    "Every time I say, it's the last. But then I come back," said Yasmina Merrir, a 42-year-old Washington, D.C., resident attending her fourth Times Square ball drop. In 2009, the cold was so bad, she got hypothermia. Her legs swelled up like balloons.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Once I break the seal, I piss 7+ times a night. Adult diapers would just add up to a heavy mess of leaky piss. This is why I'd never do NYE at Times Square, and why I'd never do Mardi Gras either.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3609

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Are you kidding me? Times Square on New Year's eve is a place to be!!!!! Loud music,confetti & 2 cops for every guest: can't beat that.