chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Merry Christmas to everyone here at SBR! If you don't celebrate the holiday then have yourself a great day today anyway!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Merry Christmas Chipper

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

Merry christmas fellas.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Merry Christmas

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Cgold you're living in last century America. You have trouble conforming to change and want to hold onto tradition at the expense of progress. Guys like you get left behind longing for the ways things used to be. Lick your wounds and move on suhn. Or find a nice hole in the sand and enjoy high tide

Merry fukking christmas you old grinch
    Keep dreaming about guys pecks you MO

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Quick list of holidays going on or around this time of year, and it is far from extensive.

Christmas - Christian holiday which moved the date of Jesus's birth to Dec 25th.
    Hanukkah / festival of lights
    Yule - Pagan holiday (Another thing Christians adopted)
    The astronomer’s holiday - the Winter Solstice
    The Buddhist holy day of Rohatsu
    Ramadan (Only sometimes does it occur during winter)
    Masa’il and Sharaf - middle eastern holiday
    Maunajiyara - observed by the very cool Jain religion
    Gur-purab - Sikhs
    Ghambar Maidyarem - celebrates primordial creations
    Kwanzaa - Created by a professor at Cal St. to try and bring African-Americans a somewhat traditional African holiday.
    Establishment of the celestial cow - yep
    Festivus - For the rest of us, Seinfeld creation that has quickly gained popularity (I personally love it).

As we can see, the best greeting for this time of year really is “Happy Holidays.” That way, you’re pretty much covered and everyone spreads the cheer. And as for this so-called “war on Christmas:, it behooves us to remember that it in no way belittles nor degrades our own holiday to acknowledge others. When you say, “Happy Holidays!” you are saying, “we all celebrate something this time of year; may your holiday be as wonderful and joyous for you as mine is for me.”

Before you start trying to disagree with this, realize this is America - the self-proclaimed melting pot of the world. If anything is American, it's the expression of Happy Holidays as it represents this countries foundation of acceptance and tolerance.

Happy Holiday's
    What % of people celebrate Christmas and what % of people celebrate Ramadan especially if it is in Jan or Feb or March?

Nice politically correct answer there, do you want a cookie? Maybe instead of teaching redneck Americans to be tolerant of others you should move to Iran and teach them to be tolerant of Jews and Christians and Sunni Muslims. You and your academic classroom can go over there and teach everybody to hold hands.

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Looks to me that x-mas is a bitter time for you scrooge! why so angry? Any repressed memories from childhood?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: boeing power

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

I noticed a trend for about 5 years where people were saying happy holidays. Now it's Merry Christmas every where I go. Even the brown dude at the liquor store. Mayan is right. In one of the most liberal cities in the US I haven't heard a happy holidays this year. That being said, fukk you.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    What % of people celebrate Christmas and what % of people celebrate Ramadan especially if it is in Jan or Feb or March?

Nice politically correct answer there, do you want a cookie? Maybe instead of teaching redneck Americans to be tolerant of others you should move to Iran and teach them to be tolerant of Jews and Christians and Sunni Muslims. You and your academic classroom can go over there and teach everybody to hold hands.
    Why? I live in America. I don't give a shit what the Iranian's do as far as celebration of religious holidays.

However, I love trying to bring information to a dipshit American - so that American's can stop living the stereotype of being ignorant assholes completely consumed in their selves that they cannot understand the world around them. Like a toddler before 2 years of age.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Why? I live in America. I don't give a shit what the Iranian's do as far as celebration of religious holidays.

However, I love trying to bring information to a dipshit American - so that American's can stop living the stereotype of being ignorant assholes completely consumed in their selves that they cannot understand the world around them. Like a toddler before 2 years of age.
    It's not ignorant to celebrate with the vast majority of people who are the same religious persuasion as yourself, and who also were the ones who founded the country.

The founding fathers were all Christians. I shouldn't have to go out of my way to be politically correct for some vastly obscure minority religion.

Fukk Kwanzaa, Ramadan, and whatever else you're trying to sell here.

First 123