agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

detroit is bankrupt why well crooked politicians there didnt one mayor go to prison that piss-hole needs to be covered with anthrax and vaporized

BetsandBeer
    BetsandBeer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    detroit is bankrupt why well crooked politicians there didnt one mayor go to prison that piss-hole needs to be covered with anthrax and vaporized
    wow i was just reading about kwame kitpatrick what a scumbag. never mind the theft he had a stripper killed cause she was going to testify about parties at the state owned governors mansion. blacks are just so evil

zacher
    Armed Rodgery
    zacher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1499

Anywhere but Detroit my dude. Even if you think 200k is a nice price wait until its two years down the road and your upside down on your mortgage because the housing market fell out….

Dallas is a good city. Vegas for the show. But if you like Colorado why not Denver? Their housing market is only going to go up plus I heard its a safe haven for the end of the world…...

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by BetsandBeer View Post
    i knew all the bad publicity folks but its not fukin baghdad. it still has 4 major sports teams, public transportation good restaurants ect. been looking around heres what the same apartment would go for in other cities

Detroit 200k

Boston 575k
    NY 875k
    Miami 450k
    Dallas 400k
    Denver 500k

so like for better than half price you get a sweet pad. would you do it if you were a single guy and could move?
    If I could get a brownstone in the Back Bay, around Boyleston Street or Newbury in Boston for 575 I'd move.
    I worked in Boston for 8 years, I love NYC, but in many areas Boston is better especially if you are single.
    Within a 3 or 4 mile radius you have all those coeds that go to BU, Boston College, Harvard, Tufts, Northeastern, and so on
    You have 9 hospitals where nursing interns are. City is beautiful, tons of underground gambling, sports fans are great,

Draw back is the city shuts to wicked early so you have to take it to the after hour joints where the get 12 dollars a beer.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

200k in detroit would buy you all the pussy in that city for a lifetime.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    200k in detroit would buy you all the pussy in that city for a lifetime.
    And for 100K more you can get the best STD medicine and ant-biotics money can buy.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

If I had 200k for a spot or approved for that much. First thing I would do is get the fukk outta Detroit! Right up their with Stl and Oakland far as dumpster fire (used to be nice cities) goes that have been turned into urban ghetto killing grounds too much for my taste. And only gonna get worse in coming years!

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Stay away from buying an apartment or condo, especially in Detroit!

For Example: There were millions of people that owned their apartment or condo outright. The recession hit and half the units foreclosed and went to the banks.

The remaining residents were hit with such exorbitant HOA fees, that they lost their paid in full residence.

Plus, what are the property taxes in Detroit for 200K? 6k to 10k per year?

JMO

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Some people think there may be hope for some of these cities but there is not. Stl for example has lost hundreds of 1000's residents going back several decades after economic crash. And what's left? Too much trash out there selling dope and turning it into a wasteland/killing zone and most the decent hard working (yeah yeah code for white people said Greg Giraldo lol) are fleeing. Sad but true and that 200k pad will very likely go down before it hikes up in value. I know reality tv is full of mostly b.s. but if that trash show Hardcore pawn is ANY indicator of the culture and climate of that city. I would put a fukkin bullet in my own head before living there.

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

LOL, I just realized this thread started 12/2013.

Game over!

First 12