seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

does anyone currently use roku? the wifi system

Im looking into it. Let me know sone first hand knowledge and experience with it and costs with using it. Thanks.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Roku is pretty awesome. Streams are really good compared to the smart TV/DVD players. More content that you really know what to do with. If you have amazon prime/hulu/netflix you'll have plenty to watch for 25 bucks and change per month.

If you have a friend who has HBO, you can use the PW for HBO GO or if you already have HBO, HBO GO has more content that your standard VOD.

There are also free movie services like Crackle but there's a lot of crappy content although you can find stuff to watch. I'm thinking about getting another one or two for my other tv's.

You can also add a DVR/Streaming service that you can access via a Roku app or remotely like a slingbox called PlayOn and PlayLater.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Roku is pretty awesome. Streams are really good compared to the smart TV/DVD players. More content that you really know what to do with. If you have amazon prime/hulu/netflix you'll have plenty to watch for 25 bucks and change per month.

If you have a friend who has HBO, you can use the PW for HBO GO or if you already have HBO, HBO GO has more content that your standard VOD.

There are also free movie services like Crackle but there's a lot of crappy content although you can find stuff to watch. I'm thinking about getting another one or two for my other tv's.

You can also add a DVR/Streaming service that you can access via a Roku app or remotely like a slingbox called PlayOn and PlayLater.
    So there still is a monthly fee? I am not a movie watcher, but a sports buff. Is it still worth it?

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    So there still is a monthly fee? I am not a movie watcher, but a sports buff. Is it still worth it?
    Not worth it..

unless you're willing to pay for mlb or nhl gamecenter,etc

its great for streaming sports but u need to pay for subscriptions.