TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Illinois girls basketball players suspended for racy hand gesture

The shocker, also known colloquially as "two in the pink, one in the stink" is a hand gesture with a sexual connotation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highsc...172308236.html

Three Farmington (Ill.) High senior girls basketball players appear to be suspended for at least two games for flashing an obscene hand gesture in their senior photo (h/t Barstool Sports). For anyone unfamiliar with the term "shocker," beware of NSFW search returns.

Farmington senior point guard Jessica Settles addressed the matter on Twitter, first tweeting, "Farmington's administration shocked us," followed by a hashtag that included the phrase "f--- Farmington." When a basketball player from a neighboring town responded, asking what happened, Settles tweeted, "suspended two games for shocking 'em in our team and senior picture," accompanied by an "LOL" and a copy of the picture.

Surely, the administration isn't pleased with the social media firestorm that has ensued.

Guards Taylor Wassi and Julie Broadway also appear in the photo of the lone seniors on the Farmington girls basketball team. The Canton Daily Ledger recently ran a story on the 10-player team entitled, "Short on experience, low in numbers," which includes a team photo that does not feature any players on the roster flashing the hand gesture.

The gesture received national attention when cheerleaders for Wichita State's men's basketball team flashed it on TV during the Shockers' Final Four run this past March.

Farmington's nickname is the Lady Farmers and none of the three seniors has committed to Wichita State, but as one creative Twitter user suggested, the symbol resembles the letter "F" for Farmington.

Last edited by TheRifleman; 12-07-13 at 10:13 AM.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Lady basketball players

I would be "shocked" if anyone other than a female has put it in the pink

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I saw this. I wonder if it's that those three girls have all had the shocker. That'd be my guess. Terrance got em all