sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Who got a PS4?

Got one. Pre ordered it months ago. People killing each other in lines at stores this morning, shits crazy

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sneaker not cool showing off son of a bitch i want one, ate 321 boxes at taco bell nothing yet

ingga
    Indonesia
    ingga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 887

not yet released in Indonesia

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

You would have been better off waiting

There are reports off glitches with the first batch of systems

Some not even working

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Really? Saloon?
    And big bears gay ass threads are still in pt.... Unrealz...

smoke that's usual with new releases. I usually get square trade just in case

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

Yeah, I read people last night were ticked off, units not even working. I'm not a gamer, haven't had a system in years, but will buy the XBOX one for my son. From what I've researched, the PS4 is better for hard core gaming, but overall family unit with what it can do, the XBOX is the better bet. I'm not a fan boy of either system, but do think with these early negative reports, it gives Microsoft a nice opportunity to shine if their release goes smoothly.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Norris View Post
    Yeah, I read people last night were ticked off, units not even working. I'm not a gamer, haven't had a system in years, but will buy the XBOX one for my son. From what I've researched, the PS4 is better for hard core gaming, but overall family unit with what it can do, the XBOX is the better bet. I'm not a fan boy of either system, but do think with these early negative reports, it gives Microsoft a nice opportunity to shine if their release goes smoothly.
    Wasnt it Microsofts first batch of Xboxs that had the red ring thing where the whole system died. I dont play much anymore but remember how pissed I was when that happened.

I guess lesson is to wait a few for second batch of system.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I jumped on Amazon last night at 9PM PST. They had them for sale until about 11PM. I thought I was screwed for not preordering. But got me one coming on Tuesday.

Might eBay it. They are going for $700+ on there.

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Wasnt it Microsofts first batch of Xboxs that had the red ring thing where the whole system died. I dont play much anymore but remember how pissed I was when that happened.

I guess lesson is to wait a few for second batch of system.
    I really am not sure. I haven't had a console since the first Playstation. Too busy with life after that. But with my six year old on my ipad all the time with games, I'm going to jump back in. We have the Wii, but eh, I'm over it. He sorta is too.
    I'll wait till mid Dec to buy though.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I jumped on Amazon last night at 9PM PST. They had them for sale until about 11PM. I thought I was screwed for not preordering. But got me one coming on Tuesday.

Might eBay it. They are going for $700+ on there.
    Most are in the $600 range. That is $84 in Ebay and Paypal fees. Not really much of a profit.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

had 1 now for over 12 hours and the fukkin thing is still in its packaging

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Initial thought after testing for an hour. Tried madden, FIFA and NFS. Graphics are pretty damn good but there has to be a point where one says, can they get any better? And it's getting there

I've heard 2k14 is the best, gotta try that

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

nba2k14 is the game I bought.

Went 112-23 on online quickmatching on last years on the ps3.

Guess its time to hook this damn thing up .

Glad u are enjoyin it though sneaker. Sports games are the shiiiiiii

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Canceled my pre-order once I saw the lineup of games. There is a 6 month at least dead period before games are even rolling out.

Sony's are usually good, so hardware issues at least wont be a concern, IMO.

If you really want to get blown away by what these game devs are coming up with for this hardware check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUUsqhetX4

It's seriously worth getting through the initial talk-show bullshit and Ice-T.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Canceled my pre-order once I saw the lineup of games. There is a 6 month at least dead period before games are even rolling out.

Sony's are usually good, so hardware issues at least wont be a concern, IMO.

If you really want to get blown away by what these game devs are coming up with for this hardware check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hUUsqhetX4

It's seriously worth getting through the initial talk-show bullshit and Ice-T.
    That robot thing was funny. Especially when you can see them inside the controller.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Hate that you have to buy the ps plus; playstations online service to play games online now

thats one of the things that set ps3 apart from xbox 360, the free online gameplay now that is gone

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Hate that you have to buy the ps plus; playstations online service to play games online now

thats one of the things that set ps3 apart from xbox 360, the free online gameplay now that is gone
    Agreed. That is a bigtime downer.

There are a few benefits to PSN, like cheap and free games, and some other content. But yeah, sucks. Still cheaper than xbox though.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Yea there are a lot of perks and it might be worth it if you play a lot but I really don't have time.

I will probably play a few games for a week on this and than it will catch dust lol

gotta say though, madden graphics are pretty damn sick. I have played it on ps3 and there is no comparison
    Playing that right now

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    Yea there are a lot of perks and it might be worth it if you play a lot but I really don't have time.

I will probably play a few games for a week on this and than it will catch dust lol

gotta say though, madden graphics are pretty damn sick. I have played it on ps3 and there is no comparison
    Playing that right now
    Gamespot and IGN are fawning all over NBA 2k14 on PS4. I played it on PS3 and was impressed with the movement and game play, but apparently on PS4 it's just smooth as silk and gorgeous.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

bought two at gameboy, pre order but had to pay at 9:00 and pick up at midnight

Kermit

Hooked mine up last night and it has a bad HDMI port.

Iw1nBets
    Ray Rice Is My Nekka
    Iw1nBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

My cousin and I grabbed two from Best Buy but I can't figure out how to cut off the security device.

Any suggestions yo?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I was reading on Amazon reviews that several people are experiencing a "Blinking Light of Death" (BLOD). Amazon gave them a choice of returning it, or call Sony. Some called Sony, and Sony told them to send it in for repair. That really blows if it is a big issue.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I was reading on Amazon reviews that several people are experiencing a "Blinking Light of Death" (BLOD). Amazon gave them a choice of returning it, or call Sony. Some called Sony, and Sony told them to send it in for repair. That really blows if it is a big issue.
    Yikes
    i heard about minor problems but haven't heard of blod
    few friends and cousins got it and they haven't experienced any problems either

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by Iw1nBets View Post
    My cousin and I grabbed two from Best Buy but I can't figure out how to cut off the security device.

Any suggestions yo?

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Froggy they are suggesting you push a pen into the HDMI port.
    Froggy Im not so sure........
    http://uk.ign.com/wikis/playstation-..._Light_Problem

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

A TacoBell winner had the BLOD. That sucks.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Try this?

Per Kotaku (They had this same problem and it has been fixed)
    Later in the day, I got a call from Sony. They'd examined our unit and they figured out the problem. A piece of metal in the system's HDMI port was supposed to have been flush with the bottom of the port but instead had been bent upward, obstructing some of the pins in the port. It had been hard to see, though I imagine we would have noticed if we'd examined the unit more closely and not given it back. Nevertheless, we were told that that PS4 had been fixed. The Sony employee testing our unit used a pin to push the small piece of metal back down. They then plugged an HDMI wire into the unit and it worked. They even brought the unit to our office so we could see for ourselves. P
    The obstructing piece of metal in the formerly-broken PS4 had actually knocked some of the "teeth" out of the HDMI wire—the one bundled with that PS4—that we'd originally plugged into the unit, the Sony folks told us. We checked two other HDMI wires that we'd used during our brief bit of troubleshooting, and sure enough, they were missing the same teeth, too. P
    The good news here is that the problem was small and easily fixed. The slightly bad news is that we're unable to tell you why this happened. It's certainly possible that we accidentally knocked that piece of metal upward when we first plugged Sony's HDMI wire into the PS4. We can't rule out human error on our end. But we've been plugging wires into HDMI sockets for a long time, and we've never had this issue before. It's also possible there was something wrong with Sony's wire and that that's where the initial fault lies. Or perhaps the jack was indeed badly made. Sony doesn't know. We don't know. P
    All we can say is that, if you get a PS4, check the HDMI port carefully. Check the HDMI wire that comes with the system carefully as well. Make sure everything looks flush. And with that, hopefully you'll avoid this problem and we'll never hear about it again.

Kermit

^That was the first thing that I tried

Apparently some PS4 systems were not communication with the HDMI port. I finally went through some steps and finally got it to work today.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

^That was the first thing that I tried

Apparently some PS4 systems were not communication with the HDMI port. I finally went through some steps and finally got it to work today.
    This is helping some too.
    Good to hear you got it working.

If your PS4 gets hung up at the pulsing blue light while rebooting after the 1.50 update, DO NOT UNPLUG THE PS4 TO TURN IT OFF! Doing this could run the risk of bricking your console.

Sony support had us go into Safe Mode to reset to factory defaults and re-initialize to fix the problem.

1. Hold down power button until the unit powers off and the light goes out. This took about 10 seconds.
    2. Enter Safe Mode by holding down the power button until you hear 2 beeps. Release power button after the second beep. The Safe Mode menu will appear with a list of options.
    3. Select Option 4 to restore PS4 to factory defaults. Once it's done, the system will restart.
    4. In our case, after the reboot, the PS4 automatically entered Safe Mode. This time, they had us select Option 6 to Initialize the PS4. Note that by doing this, you will lose profiles and settings so just be aware that you are basically starting over. Once it's done, the system will restart.
    5. When the PS4 comes back up, it will take you through the initial setup again as if it's being booted for the first time.

After that, we were back in business to play our games.
    They had us go to the System Settings to see if the software version shows 1.5 and it does so we're up to date. We just hope this won't happen on every update.
    Anyway, we hope this post will help out others having the same problem.
    Happy gaming!