PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Federal Reserve Whistleblower Tells America The REAL Reason For Quantitative Easing

A banker named Andrew Huszar that helped manage the Federal Reserve's quantitative easing program during 2009 and 2010 is publicly apologizing for what he has done. He says that quantitative easing has accomplished next to nothing for the average person on the street. Instead, he says that it has been "the greatest backdoor Wall Street bailout of all time."

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...itative-easing

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

The government buying long term bonds destroys the carry trait. The carry trait is the main reason banks, wall street, and any investors with a brain made absurd amounts of money in the late 90's and early 2000's.

It also increases spending and moves money into other investment opportunities besides banks and long-term government bonds.

Have no idea why I'm wasting my time writing this when it is all flying straight over your head anyways.

Marshall Tito
    Marshall Tito's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    The government buying long term bonds destroys the carry trait. The carry trait is the main reason banks, wall street, and any investors with a brain made absurd amounts of money in the late 90's and early 2000's.

It also increases spending and moves money into other investment opportunities besides banks and long-term government bonds.

Have no idea why I'm wasting my time writing this when it is all flying straight over your head anyways.
    So the government buying long term bonds is good for the economy as a whole?

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tito View Post
    So the government buying long term bonds is good for the economy as a whole?
    I in no way said that. I said it is one way to stop the private sector from making billions simply by lending to the uninformed at 10% since it's a long term loan and paying out pennies for 1-3 month loans.. (Ie bank account)

Lead to massive redistribution of wealth from basically everyone to only the rich.

It's not right, and it's not wrong, it's simply a technique.

tto827

I love how when the intelligent discussion starts philly disappears

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I love how when the intelligent discussion starts philly disappears
    When you start one I'll join in.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I in no way said that. I said it is one way to stop the private sector from making billions simply by lending to the uninformed at 10% since it's a long term loan and paying out pennies for 1-3 month loans.. (Ie bank account)

Lead to massive redistribution of wealth from basically everyone to only the rich.

It's not right, and it's not wrong, it's simply a technique.
    No, moron, it is wrong. When 0.2% control 70% of US bank assets that is a huge problem. It has not benefitted average people in any way and instead only served the select few on Wall Street.

Listen to what the man is saying and why he's apologizing.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    No, moron, it is wrong. When 0.2% control 70% of US bank assets that is a huge problem. It has not benefitted average people in any way and instead only served the select few on Wall Street.

Listen to what the man is saying and why he's apologizing.
    Take a class on the markets before you speak philly.

The wealth gap was growing at tremendous rates prior to the fed flattening the yield curve.

Flattening the yield curve helps to slow the redistribution of wealth from the dumb to the smart (in financial reality, this is the poor to the rich)

The amount made on commissions is minuscule compared to the 100%+ returns they could get by leveraging themselves 10-1 on things that were (for 15 years) basically guaranteed.

tto827

This guy can say what he wants.. But there's a reason his story is being printed on theeconomiccollapse blog, cause nobody gives a fukk what he says. And don't say conspiracy of the big media, cause they sure gave Snowden all the press he ever wanted.

tto827

And ask anyone involved in the markets if they are a fan of quantitative easing... They'll say no, yet you say it benefits them?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

The wealth gap was growing at tremendous rates prior to the fed flattening the yield curve.

Flattening the yield curve helps to slow the redistribution of wealth from the dumb to the smart (in financial reality, this is the poor to the rich)

The amount made on commissions is minuscule compared to the 100%+ returns they could get by leveraging themselves 10-1 on things that were (for 15 years) basically guaranteed.
    You're the one that needs to take a class. This was theft. The redistribution of average citizens accumulated wealth to the most elite.

Under Obama, stocks have risen 108% since he took office. Yet, the percent of working age Americans with a job has declined from 60.6% to 58.3% and median household income has declined five years in a row and poverty levels are exploding.

Who benefitted? The elite.

It's not just this guy who thinks QE is bad. Germany's finance minister called it clueless.

But go ahead and keep on thinking nothing is wrong.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    You're the one that needs to take a class. This was theft. The redistribution of average citizens accumulated wealth to the most elite.

Under Obama, stocks have risen 108% since he took office. Yet, the percent of working age Americans with a job has declined from 60.6% to 58.3% and median household income has declined five years in a row and poverty levels are exploding.

Who benefitted? The elite.

It's not just this guy who thinks QE is bad. Germany's finance minister called it clueless.

But go ahead and keep on thinking nothing is wrong.
    The elite do not own common stock in publicly traded companies. What are you using to gauge a 108% increase since Obama took office?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

The elite do not own common stock in publicly traded companies. What are you using to gauge a 108% increase since Obama took office?

This year’s 24 percent jump in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index is the third-biggest annual rally after a president was returned to office since the 1930s, trailing Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. The index has climbed 108 percent since Obama became president, adding more than $10 trillion in equity market value.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...et-tested.html

More links...

http://investmentwatchblog.com/obama...sorry-america/

http://www.gotnewswire.com/news/stoc...nder-obama-but

tto827

I'm glad to see your using the S&P versus the DJIA, which I expected you to use, as the second is a useless baseline.

The market also was returning from record drops, so record gains are expected at some point.

You do seem a bit more knowledgeable then I had previously thought, although anything of substance is still cut and paste

paw
    paw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bottom line is this. We can all talk about it until we are Blue in the Face. Nothing is going to change Period. America will never go bust due to our military attacking another country if need be. China isn't taking over shit as they are almost busted out also, and nobody else has any money at all. Its the cycle of cash that keeps moving round and round. Ups and Downs and 50 years from now a new batch of posters will be speaking of the same crap we are. Goal in life is when you are all finished, Make sure nobody wants to Visit your Gravesite !

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

I take it you've never heard of the concept of morality??

Its cool, for most of your generation that is a dirty word.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    I take it you've never heard of the concept of morality??

Its cool, for most of your generation that is a dirty word.
    Not really sure how any of this relates to morality, please enlighten.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Not really sure how any of this relates to morality, please enlighten.
    So you would accept the premise that you could run a viable economy when 5% of the population control 95% of the wealth??

Its not like the heavy majority of those 95% are bums with no jobs either. They simply ask for a 'fair go', something the politicians have little interest in adhering to (as flushing the economy of your country down the sink hole isn't enough proof of that??).

Is that really too much to ask?

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    So you would accept the premise that you could run a viable economy when 5% of the population control 95% of the wealth??

Its not like the heavy majority of those 95% are bums with no jobs either. They simply ask for a 'fair go', something the politicians have little interest in adhering to (as flushing the economy of your country down the sink hole isn't enough proof of that??).

Is that really too much to ask?
    I'm not saying that. But the wealth gap in America has been increasing greatly in the past 15 years, not just the past 5 that the fed has begun with the quantitative easing. It's been an epic failure trying to rebuild the economy, just trying to say that quantitative easing isn't what put the US in the shitter.

Politicians are scum dude, the fact that an assault rifle ban had to be discussed in congress tells me all I need to know. If you believe having assault rifles makes the country safer, then you have no business being in office.

I'm not sure if you live in America Cooch, but our people as a whole are no longer "extraordinary". The fact that only 20% of our country is unemployed is astonishing. Walk through a mall, and let me know if you personally would employ over 60% of those people? Quite sure the answer would be no.

Something drastic has to change with the US in the next 20-30 years or I'm quite terrified to see the world we are going to live in.

The real downfall of the US will be Obamacare (if it lasts long enough to destroy the country) and the currently disastrous US educational system.