ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Worried

I'm not feeling well at all. I've been really uptight and stressed lately, and I'm not sure why. I just lose my temper quickly and suddenly want to punch stuff or throw things. Today, I wasn't paying attention and almost got into a wreck with someone on the road. My immediate reaction was to just hit myself in the head. I must have hit myself like 15 times in a row before finally stopping myself. It didn't hurt that much at the time, but I've had this terrible headache for a few hours now.

This isn't the first time I've done this. I've hit myself in the head a lot in recent years, usually when I make a mistake in traffic or fukk up with something that is work-related. I'm not sure if I've done any damage, but maybe this is somehow related to the increase in impatience and anger I feel. I am an emotional wreck, and living without any sort of social life has forced me to repress my emotions and keep all of this stuff to myself (save for some depressing posts on SBR).

I am feeling more and more overwhelmed by life lately. It's not like anything horrible is going on in my life, but I can't seem to keep myself from constantly dreading simple things like sitting in traffic, falling behind with work on a given day or week or running errands. Nothing quite feels right. I never feel "well" or happy. I never have fun.

Some days, I just want to sleep and do nothing else, but that's not a possibility. I think it would be good to take a little vacation, but my occupation doesn't work that way. I'm self-employed and contract my services out to people and companies, so I don't get health benefits or paid vacation. I could afford to go a week or two without pay, but I never want to take a break because my clients would not understand. Besides, it's not like I have anything else going on in my life. I kind of need work to briefly get my mind off my lack of friends, etc.

I don't think it's my job or my daily routine that's creating this overwhelming feeling. Everything I'm missing out on in life is starting to beat me into submission, though. I know I am wasting my life, and I just wish I could take my existence and give it to someone who is far more deserving -- someone who would do so much more with a life like mine.

I wish I could say I need help, but I honestly believe I'm beyond help at this point. The good news is I know I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself at this point. I'd like to think it will take at least a couple more years of this inner-angst to push me to the brink.

I know this post is far too long for anyone to read, and I'm sure not a single one of you truly gives a shit. I just had to type this out. I find writing to be therapeutic at times, and I have to put some of my thoughts down in front of me to shake off some of the negative emotions.

The main purpose of the thread? I want to know if hitting myself in the head could be the main reason behind my increasingly short temper. Should I let a doctor examine my head and check for any sort of damage? It's not like I was getting kicked in the head by a cleet or playing football and taking helmet-to-helmet contact. I don't think anything serious could arise from occasionally smacking myself in the head for being an idiot, right?

Please refrain from the "seeking therapy" comments. I already see a therapist on occasion, but I don't have enough trust for this person to tell them about my self-harm habits. I don't want the doctor to put me on some weird pills or overreact to this sort of thing. I'm well enough to know I'm not well ... if that makes sense.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3585

Cousin of mine was hitting himself in the head and a cat-scan revealed he had a blood clotting problem where minor aneurisms where developing. Let untreated, these aneurisms can explode and cause you an excruciatingly painful death. Get some blood work and x-rays immediately. GL.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay is this post serious? I think I read another one of your posts in the saloon and I honestly think your joking around?? My sarcastic meter typically is in decent working order but I just cannot tell if this is truthful or a massive troll.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

You'd have to be punching yourself pretty fukkin hard for a while to do any real damage.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    I'm not feeling well at all. I've been really uptight and stressed lately, and I'm not sure why. I just lose my temper quickly and suddenly want to punch stuff or throw things. Today, I wasn't paying attention and almost got into a wreck with someone on the road. My immediate reaction was to just hit myself in the head. I must have hit myself like 15 times in a row before finally stopping myself. It didn't hurt that much at the time, but I've had this terrible headache for a few hours now.

This isn't the first time I've done this. I've hit myself in the head a lot in recent years, usually when I make a mistake in traffic or fukk up with something that is work-related. I'm not sure if I've done any damage, but maybe this is somehow related to the increase in impatience and anger I feel. I am an emotional wreck, and living without any sort of social life has forced me to repress my emotions and keep all of this stuff to myself (save for some depressing posts on SBR).

I am feeling more and more overwhelmed by life lately. It's not like anything horrible is going on in my life, but I can't seem to keep myself from constantly dreading simple things like sitting in traffic, falling behind with work on a given day or week or running errands. Nothing quite feels right. I never feel "well" or happy. I never have fun.

Some days, I just want to sleep and do nothing else, but that's not a possibility. I think it would be good to take a little vacation, but my occupation doesn't work that way. I'm self-employed and contract my services out to people and companies, so I don't get health benefits or paid vacation. I could afford to go a week or two without pay, but I never want to take a break because my clients would not understand. Besides, it's not like I have anything else going on in my life. I kind of need work to briefly get my mind off my lack of friends, etc.

I don't think it's my job or my daily routine that's creating this overwhelming feeling. Everything I'm missing out on in life is starting to beat me into submission, though. I know I am wasting my life, and I just wish I could take my existence and give it to someone who is far more deserving -- someone who would do so much more with a life like mine.

I wish I could say I need help, but I honestly believe I'm beyond help at this point. The good news is I know I'm too much of a pussy to kill myself at this point. I'd like to think it will take at least a couple more years of this inner-angst to push me to the brink.

I know this post is far too long for anyone to read, and I'm sure not a single one of you truly gives a shit. I just had to type this out. I find writing to be therapeutic at times, and I have to put some of my thoughts down in front of me to shake off some of the negative emotions.

The main purpose of the thread? I want to know if hitting myself in the head could be the main reason behind my increasingly short temper. Should I let a doctor examine my head and check for any sort of damage? It's not like I was getting kicked in the head by a cleet or playing football and taking helmet-to-helmet contact. I don't think anything serious could arise from occasionally smacking myself in the head for being an idiot, right?

Please refrain from the "seeking therapy" comments. I already see a therapist on occasion, but I don't have enough trust for this person to tell them about my self-harm habits. I don't want the doctor to put me on some weird pills or overreact to this sort of thing. I'm well enough to know I'm not well ... if that makes sense.
    Stop hitting yourself in the head.

Go get checked out. Get a physical and cat scan and blood work.

Go out to bars and clubs to get back in the game and feeling normal.

Start working out in the early mornings.

Eat organic foods.

You'll feel better.

Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8840

You're seeing a therapist but not telling them the full story? Either tell them what is really going on or stop going. Just sounds like depression to me. Eat better exercise force yourself to be more social and eventually the anxiety of social interaction will ease. Join some type of group with something you have an interest in like hiking, yoga or under water basket weaving...whatever your into.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Stop hitting yourself in the head.

Go get checked out. Get a physical and cat scan and blood work.

Go out to bars and clubs to get back in the game and feeling normal.

Start working out in the early mornings.

Eat organic foods.

You'll feel better.
    Exactly this. Get your diet in check - did you know that most of your serotonin is produced in your gut? Start eating better. And definitely hit the gym - every single day for an hour. Don't tell me you don't have an hour to work out, either.

ravitri2k
    ravitri2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am also in HTown. What is your ethicity...I am Indian...

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by ravitri2k View Post
    I am also in HTown. What is your ethicity...I am Indian...
    unless you're a hot Indian chick, Parlayin is not interested.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

sbr.match.com
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

ParlayininHTown

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I will look into making changes to my diet, but I don't know how to cook much. Do you have suggestions for healthy meals that are easy to prepare?

Also, the gym thing is kind of tough. I work days sometimes. I work nights sometimes. I'm all over the place with my work schedule because of the nature of my work, so it would be hard to commit to working out at a set time every day. I guess I could get a membership somewhere and start off slow. I don't know whether the people I talk to about the membership are going to try to push other crap on me, though. If they try that shit, I will feel uncomfortable and not want to get a membership there.

I can't go to the bars and socialize. I don't really drink. I don't like the taste of alcohol, but more importantly, I promised myself I would drink only on rare occasions after seeing what alcohol did to my father.

I don't want to try dating web sites, because you have to bust your ass on there just to get a reply from a woman. These chicks have so many dudes coming at them, so it just seems kind of pointless. I'm not into hard work when it comes to the ladies TBH. I know I'm going to fail in most instances anyway.

I wish weed wasn't such an non-sociable thing (in terms of going out in public, etc.), because I'd really like to meet a woman who likes to smoke and isn't into going out and partying a lot. I don't want to quit smoking at any point, and I feel that a friendship or relationship with someone who doesn't smoke is tough to maintain. I'm an introvert, so I kind of need to start off slow in the social department. Bars and clubs are just seem like too much for my inept social skills.

I really appreciate the replies. Please keep them coming.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Cousin of mine was hitting himself in the head and a cat-scan revealed he had a blood clotting problem where minor aneurisms where developing. Let untreated, these aneurisms can explode and cause you an excruciatingly painful death. Get some blood work and x-rays immediately. GL.
    wish you hadnt shared that. Now i will be paranoid

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Parlaying H Town,

Dude stop hitting your self.

Make an appt with a psychiatrist.

They can give you some valium or xannax
    but dont take it and drive afterward.

As far as smoking weed. I highly recommend it.

Get your self a nice bong or vaporizer , it will make it easier on your lungs.

Maybe get an asian massage

Plenty of women are down with blazing and will bang u without being drunk..

maybe try a + size woman if your striking out with the perfect 10's

A + size woman is also known as a "slump buster" and will do wonders
    for your self esteem.

Good luck and take a deep breath. Maybe try Yoga too

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Id be more concerned if you felt dizzy/nauseated/felt sick. You just seem to be uptight, i doubt that is because of a head injury.
    Here in UK with your symptoms its unlikely they will even send you for tests, but sure go see the doctor if it puts your mind at ease.

Dont you have any cousins/family you could visit? even if you dont - I dont really see anything wrong with going to a place you want to visit, booking yourself in a nice hotel and enjoying the time off - by yourself?
    Gotta be better than hitting yourself in the head, no?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Most people on message boards have a life outside of the net. I sense from your posts that you do not. You need a balance. And to get laid.

So here's what I would do. Go see as much live music as you can. Doesn't matter if it's the genre you like or not, but go see some some shows. Trust me it will work.

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Most people on message boards have a life outside of the net. I sense from your posts that you do not. You need a balance. And to get laid.

So here's what I would do. Go see as much live music as you can. Doesn't matter if it's the genre you like or not, but go see some some shows. Trust me it will work.

I definitely need a greater variety in my life. It's basically just work, posting on SBR, gambling and smoking weed. I wouldn't say I don't have a life outside the net, but I certainly agree that I don't have a "social life" outside the net.

I guess I can go to a show or two and see what happens, but I can't even carry a conversation. Do I just stand there and listen to the music and expect some drunk chick to come on to me? Seems like a fantasy, not reality. Not saying it can't happen, but my inability to talk about even the most basic things with women puts me in a position where I need the woman to be the aggressor and guide the conversation.

I wish I didn't suck so much. I should have been trying to get laid and socialize a lot more when I was younger, but I had to focus on shit that reaped few rewards in the long run. It just sucks to go through life without ever feeling comfortable in my own skin. It wears on you, you know?

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

this is actually a very interesting advice and I think, Parlayin, it might work for you.

do what Jaker is suggesting to do.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Dude, bring a joint and see some good music. If anyone wants a toke, share. Having a conversation with a stranger is easy- just ask them questions about themselves. People love to talk about themselves.

ravitri2k
    ravitri2k's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    I was thinking maybe if he is really so depressed ... we can catch a game or something. I am married with a kid on the way so just looking to help a brother out...maybe play some bball..

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by ravitri2k View Post
    I was thinking maybe if he is really so depressed ... we can catch a game or something. I am married with a kid on the way so just looking to help a brother out...maybe play some bball..
    I gotcha...good idea..Parlayin whacha say? wanna play bball?

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

man - I kinda know what you are experiencing, and the way I fought those feelings was - running, pull ups and push-ups, plus no junk food, organic berries, and not much eating. it is hard to do but I did improve my feelings by a lot through that, and it takes only a month to feel a huge difference. It is a frontal lobe thing - the more blood you are able to force into the frontal part of your brain - the more rational and happier and easygoing you will feel.good luck. Try to refrain from betting either and one the main things to - go to bed early - like 9 pm.
    Points Awarded:

ParlayininHTown gave bozeman 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ParlayininHTown

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post
    man - I kinda know what you are experiencing, and the way I fought those feelings was - running, pull ups and push-ups, plus no junk food, organic berries, and not much eating. it is hard to do but I did improve my feelings by a lot through that, and it takes only a month to feel a huge difference. It is a frontal lobe thing - the more blood you are able to force into the frontal part of your brain - the more rational and happier and easygoing you will feel.good luck. Try to refrain from betting either and one the main things to - go to bed early - like 9 pm.
    See OP, another guy that's told you what others have already told you - diet and exercise. Get outside, your body primarily gets your Vitamin D from sunlight - it's one of nature's anti-depressants. Find a playground near you and start doing this workout:

If it's too advanced for you, start with this:

I don't know what it is you're wanting to hear, but the answers to help you are right here in this thread. It's up to you to do something about it. It's not going to get better on its' own - you'll just continue to get worse if you don't take action.

If you don't want to do a playground workout, then buy a mountain bike and hit the trails. Just get your ass outside and start exercising. Get more fruits, vegetables and healthy fats in your diet. A lot more than you probably think you need.

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by bozeman View Post

I can't go to bed early. Like I said, sometimes my schedule is all over the place due to work.

For example, I have to get up at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning to go ambush a guy with child-support papers before he goes to work. The asshole is always evading and is never at home because he supposedly works like 18 hours a day (I call BS on that. He's hiding because he's a worthless broke-dikk fukk who is afraid to man up and take care of his offspring.), so I have no choice but to catch him at an insane hour.

I also have a side gig to work tomorrow evening that will keep me occupied from 4pm on, so I won't get home until midnight. I might catch a nap during the day if I'm lucky, but these are the types of scenarios that prevent me from having a normal sleep schedule. Nothing is ever set in stone for me.

I will definitely try to exercise more and change my diet. I can't do it at the same time every day, but I can certainly find 30 minutes to jog or do some push ups or pull ups. Maybe work my way up to some bench pressing if Rocket mails me some awesome Russian steroids.

You guys are offering some good advice, and I appreciate it. The frontal lobe thing is something that I never really thought that hard about, but it makes sense. Sometimes I let my weird schedule and desire to gamble get in the way of taking care of myself. I need to pay closer attention to what I'm doing to myself, because I have some horrible habits.

I'm very tired, so I'm going to go nap now before I get up, smoke and deal with another broke-dikk fukk who doesn't know what being a dad or a man is about.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

your only hope is to seek like minded ppl. ask your therapists office for meetups of ppl with mental problems. doesnt mean they are crazy and mean, in fact most ppl there are very kind understanding and interesting. you will meet ppl that understand you. im sure a big city like houston has tons of ppl in your situation. sign of the times.

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

a lot of golds gyms are 24 hours. as far as meeting new friends, theres a website, I forget the name but maybe someone else on here knows it. You type in what you like to do, lets say its winetasting or sailboating, whatever, and they have groups of people on there that do that very thing and it gives you the date and time and they encourage fellow enthusiasts. give it a thought.

****found the site. its called meetup.com. Check it out. It may help. GL.
    Last edited by bradthebloke; 11-09-13 at 01:37 PM. Reason: found site

chilidog

I can't ...
    When you finally hit rock bottom, you'll fix yourself. When you're ready, you'll quit making excuses for yourself.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Parlayinhtown please check in

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    Parlayinhtown please check in
    Didn't check in since 21st of December 2014.
    Last I worte with him was late October 2014.
    Was a very nice, good guy.
    Still hope he is ok and just lost interest in sbr.
    Had the feeling he was doing a lot better when we last talked.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

saw this thread just now and truly hoped it was a new ParlayinHTown thread, then saw it's from 2013.

Hope this guy is OK...

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    saw this thread just now and truly hoped it was a new ParlayinHTown thread, then saw it's from 2013.

Hope this guy is OK...
    Yeah me, too.
    Was hoping he had checked in.
    Again: very good guy.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Some of his posts were so depressing I often thought he was just trolling... and his avatar headline makes me a bit uneasy: Countdown to death: 1 day

Surely mods have an email address for this guy or something when he registered? Has to be a way to try and get in touch with him

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

ParlayininHtown, check in pal.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Some of his posts were so depressing I often thought he was just trolling... and his avatar headline makes me a bit uneasy: Countdown to death: 1 day

Surely mods have an email address for this guy or something when he registered? Has to be a way to try and get in touch with him
    Was 100% not trolling.
    Exchanged lots of pm's with him over the time.
    Good idea, will contact shari, maybe she can try and look if she can give me his email adress.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Paralin is a genuine poster and I too liked him.

Check in pal.

12 Last