sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Storage Wars is a total sham

Y'all know what it is. Contents of storage lockers/containers auctioned off. It has come to a hick town near me (Stittsville). On the news today it showed the winning bidder going through a jewelry box that was in the storage space he bought. Guy seemed disappointed when he opened it to find nothing but a cheap watch and some Canadian Tire money. . Do these people really think the stuff hasn't been rummaged through before going to auction? I've never watched the tv show Storage Wars but if people score valuables it's a setup.

sickler
    Facade 101

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Did you think the same group of people followed each other around the country to every storage facility?

This show is phonier than that Repo-towing show with the bald guy that got beat up by the 90 pound Oriental karate girl.

sickler
    Facade 101

Kermit, I've never watched the show. The concept of bidding on contents of a storage locker to find hidden treasures is laughable. The owner of the lockers looted and repackaged before sending it to auction.

sickler
    Facade 101

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's TV ... All of it is BS.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

The TV shows are fake.

All staged.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19139

Definitely fake.

richie360
    richie360's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9202

It's embarrassing to watch to be honest. It's all set up and valuables placed inside. Love how they go in there, find nothing and then at the last second realise that under several old sofas, busted surfboards and used mattresses is the God damn map to El Dorado!

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Always laughable to see them appraise the findings as they pull crap out "hey look at this used chair from the dollar store....bet I can get $80 for it in my store....ladies Old Navy tops....bet it'll bring $100 a pair....I'm gonna profit off this locker"

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Y'all know what it is. Contents of storage lockers/containers auctioned off. It has come to a hick town near me (Stittsville). On the news today it showed the winning bidder going through a jewelry box that was in the storage space he bought. Guy seemed disappointed when he opened it to find nothing but a cheap watch and some Canadian Tire money. . Do these people really think the stuff hasn't been rummaged through before going to auction? I've never watched the tv show Storage Wars but if people score valuables it's a setup.

Great way to spend your time. you have a bright future!

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Phil Robertson did an interview and said that duck dynasty is all staged. He said that they would edit the show to look like they were swearing when they weren't. And when he would talk about God they would take all that out.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I dunno...it does happen....people own them and pass away....no family...bill dosent ever get paid and it goes to auction....ive seen someone with a huge locker not pay the bill and it went to auction....the one thing they dont tell you is, if the owner is still alive, just didnt pay the bill, they are required to pay the owner a % of the $ made at the auction...

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    Phil Robertson did an interview and said that duck dynasty is all staged. He said that they would edit the show to look like they were swearing when they weren't. And when he would talk about God they would take all that out.
    Yea most of those shows the producers either give an idea to the cast or the cast is already going to do something like check fishing lines or whatever...and then they let them act it out. Its pretty obvious but those guys are killing it $$ wise now....good for them.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I honestly do not understand the fascination with Duck Dynasty. I watched it once and it was the most ridiculously scripted bunch of crap that I have ever watched. I would put it one small step behind Amish Mafia.

I seen Duck Dynasty action figures in the store and they even have a fukkin Christmas CD out.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

There is one lady on Storage Wars, she is not a regular bought the Storage Unit that belonged to Paris Hilton. Early in the 2000's Paris said her accountant forgot to pay the storage bill and it was auctioned off and she won not knowing it belonged to her till she went thru it and she then sold it for a Million bucks and the guy she sold it too started a website and began selling off all her stuff he finally was ordered to pay back all the money he made on it and was sued by Paris to return what stuff he had left and the site was closed down.I read on Yahoo that it was actually one of the Stars on the show that said the producers place stuff in the lockers. There is another show just like it called Baggage battles same show but just with unclaimed Luggage.I heard that Mystery Diners on Food Network is 100% fake a few Food Network shows have been called out for being fake.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34