VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Does Anyone Here Attend A Weekly Mass??

I'm a Catholic and I'm thinking about starting to attend Mass again. It's something that I've always wanted to continue and really dedicate to. Religious views aren't important to me, but I'm just wondering if anyone has made the commitment to going to a Mass every week?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I feel bad for the people on the West Coast. When they get home from church on Sunday, the early games are almost over.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I used to go obviously growing up when the parents push for it. Now, much less. If I go, it's Saturdays in the early evening. Waking up early on Sundays isn't an option once you start getting into real life - at least for me. Parents were actually the ones who switched to Saturdays. Really depends ... if I go and I feel like there's no message being conveyed to me, I am very apt to just quit going.

I'm not one who is going to go just to say I'm a good church going type if I don't feel like I get something out of it. I think you can have religion/spirituality without going every week. Bigger sinners going to church than not going IMO.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No

Rarely have went and dont want to go to hope I win in return

Insider you will not like it

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Pick me up

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

No.

Interferes with football on Sundays.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Never. Last time I went there was 2 years ago when I was asked to be godfather of the twins of a close friend. Not religious at all.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

too much soccer action early sunday mornings to miss.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

I attend a weekly burial on Sundays in players talk.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 6 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: peacebyinches, Louisvillekid1, VegasInsider, BennyBigNuts, Ra77er, and thetrinity

Redondo
    Redondo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think church is for needy people. (applies to dirt poor to filthy rich) People are total sheep and going church makes them feel better for various reasons. This desperation I speak of comes is evident in people who become teriminally ill, goto prison, lose a loved one, financially devasted, GOD please help me.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Redondo View Post
    I think church is for needy people. (applies to dirt poor to filthy rich) People are total sheep and going church makes them feel better for various reasons. This desperation I speak of comes is evident in people who become teriminally ill, goto prison, lose a loved one, financially devasted, GOD please help me.
    this is the definition of ignorance.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    this is the definition of ignorance.
    No, I think he sounds more like someone with common sense.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    No, I think he sounds more like someone with common sense.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Redondo View Post
    You put it a bit harshly, but it's somewhat accurate.

MANY, MANY, highly intelligent individuals are non-religious and the number is getting higher. Religion steers many people straight, but deep down, I think it really is a crutch, just like you said. It fills a hole in someone's life, but its just a plug, the idea that people WANT to live their life to please a non-existant entity instead of themselves sort of baffles me.

I don't need religious values to base my morals upon, I can do that myself thanks...

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Very well stated. Good call.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't go to church but I pray very sincerely every Sunday. Usually around 12:50 PT , 4:00 PT and if needed with all the strength in my very soul around 8:15 PT.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MatI, and tto827

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    I don't go to church but I pray very sincerely every Sunday. Usually around 12:50 PT , 4:00 PT and if needed with all the strength in my very soul around 8:15 PT.
    Very funny!

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    same here - i consistently get on my hands and knees 30 seconds before gametime or when i leverage 50x in futures markets.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nah just try to be a good person in general, don't see the need in going to church

World would be a better place if religion never existed and people just treated eachother like they would wanna be treated, but what the fukk do I know

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Nah just try to be a good person in general, don't see the need in going to church

World would be a better place if religion never existed and people just treated eachother like they would wanna be treated, but what the fukk do I know
    Exactly. Dawg is smart peoples.

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

You all sound selfish. There is more to it than that. Family, family, family. A man and his bride and kids, and i am not talking about whomever you are currently living with either. That is why this country is going down hill.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

When I get invited to attend a mass, my only objective there is to checkout/meet ladies...I literally stand there sometimes with my eyes shut and picture how I bang right up in there some of those broads while they pray...it's fukking amazing

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614

Anyone who thinks sitting inside a church makes you a Christian must also think sitting inside a garage makes you a car.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Swinging Johnson 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by zert View Post
    You all sound selfish. There is more to it than that. Family, family, family. A man and his bride and kids, and i am not talking about whomever you are currently living with either. That is why this country is going down hill.
    Why would you want your family to grow up in a church environment?

Keeping Zert Jnr from Father Bob should be the first step in a healthy childhood.

Kermit

GOD knows how much money is being scammed in churches. That is all religion is anyway, a scam.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

The truth is humility is probably one of the toughest yet most powerful gifts any man can obtain. You don't have to go to church to learn it but its much easier to be learned at a institution the practices it. We will all get taught humility but understanding it will help when your life is turned upside down from tragedy.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

You can open a whole can of worms with some of the interesting characters on this forum with religious talks.
    My beliefs are currently in question, and I don't know which way to go.
    I know in this world, great things happen to a lot of shitty people.
    And plenty of good people can never catch a break.
    Tragedies occur randomly everyday, kids get cancer n die.
    Drunk drivers kill ppl but get to live.

It's nice to believe in something, but there probably isn't any higher powers around or anything going on once you die.
    You're just going to be rotting worm food.
    I feel any dedication to a religion right now is a waste of time, unless you are doing it for an activity and trying to do something positive to make you feel better while you're actually alive.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

I believe in God and try to be a good Christian though I screw up at times.

Even when I don't feel so good about God, the very possibility of going to Hell when I die scares me.

I choose to believe Hell exists even though my existence on Earth isn't so rosy right now, and I would like to avoid that place as much as possible.

And I don't believe you have to go to church to have a good relationship with God.

I know a number of people who read their bible at home, pray, and believe; and I think they will be just fine when they die.
    Last edited by bubblebuttluv; 10-28-13 at 03:36 AM.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I believe in God and try to be a good Christian though I screw up at times.

Even when I don't feel so good about God, the very possibility of going to Hell when I die scares me.

I choose to believe Hell exists even though my existence on Earth isn't so rosy right now, and I would like to avoid that place as much as possible.

And I don't believe you have to go to church to have a good relationship with God.

I know a number of people who read their bible at home, pray, and believe; and I think they will be just fine when they die.
    They sure conditioned you well....

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

Hey Matl, zert jr did just fine with father bob. With such sound reasoning like yours that would make every parent with children a child abuser.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614

While it's standard operating procedure for the atheists to sneer and mock those who either believe, or whose faith is tepid, but the fact of the matter is neither side has concrete evidence of their respective positions.

There was a time when those who believed the Earth was round were roundly jeered in much the same way that atheists snicker at believers today. The bottom line is that those who believe should not castigate those who do not and those who do not should refrain from mocking those who do. While you may agree to disagree, respect for thy fellow man trumps all arguments.

- Brother Johnson

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    They sure conditioned you well....
    If I were you I would prepare yourself for a possibiliry to be tortured by demons in hell for the whole eternity.

If I was wrong I lose nothing but if you're wrong you lose everything so don't be so cocky about the subject you know nothing about.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post
    If I were you I would prepare yourself for a possibiliry to be tortured by demons in hell for the whole eternity.

If I was wrong I lose nothing but if you're wrong you lose everything so don't be so cocky about the subject you know nothing about.
    1st: Nah thx pal, I've got a healthy brain.

2nd: What EXACTLY makes you believe in hell? I could possibly understand if one believes in a higher power ("god"), although it baffles me. But what EXACTLY makes you believe in hell? Please explain.

3rd: So you believe in god because you are afraid of landing in hell if you didn't? Or you believe in god no matter what, not because you think it's the +EV bet here.

(google Blaise Pascals bet btw, it doesn't work this way)

12 Last