TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

going to let a homeless man live with me

what makes me better than him?

let him get back on his feet. if he chooses to

its my calling. no more sin. maybe some beer if im thin enough

but really im going to do this. ive been very fortunate
    Points Awarded:

pronk gave TonyTall 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

how do you pick who lives with you? Lots of homeless on SBR...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

That sounds like a great plan until you come home one day and your change jar is missing and your dog is pregnant.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

i saw a younger black homeless guy living on daytona beach i ignored him

trust me fellas. this is going down. im sick of living in sin. im going to work for God with the methodist church in oxford fl. i will find a younger homeless guy and we will work it out

no more turning away. im fine making $8/hr its not about here its about where you go
    Points Awarded:

Seaweed gave TonyTall 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

coanwe gave TonyTall 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post

trust me fellas. this is going down. im sick of living in sin. im going to work for God with the methodist church in oxford fl. i will find a younger homeless guy and we will work it out

no more turning away. im fine making $8/hr its not about here its about where you go
    you might want to stop gambling before you start working for God, but on a serious note if your serious about it, make sure sure its a white guy, and learn his story before he moves in with you.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7903

JJ Gold will be happy to hear this. Wink wink.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Taller is drinking again...

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Tony_Tall has become an interesting character to me on here lately.
    I feel like if we met up at an SBR bash we would get hammered and have a blast chasing some whores.

Hey Tony, my advice for the homeless guy- Don't do this.
    Here's the breakdown.

It's ok to want to do good for someone.
    But it's a 95% chance the person you are letting in your home has drug addictions, along with being an alcoholic.
    This is not only bad for you risking your belongings, but also because you seem to be pretty out there drinking to begin with and shouldn't be around ppl like that 24-7 if possible.

There is nothing good to come out of this, as in all likelihood you will not be able to help this person in the long run.
    Throw away a few bucks to them if you want, buy them a meal, maybe you can even direct them towards some kind of odd jobs to make some money, but you shouldn't endanger yourself letting them into your home while you sleep.

Keep us posted on what happens.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The best thing that you said here was this.

The worst thing that you said was this.

This part you are completely confused about. Live your life NOW. NOW is the part that is certain.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

why is he homeless?

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Tony,

You're a greedy fukin prick unless you invite at least 5 homeless people to live with you.

DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    you might want to stop gambling before you start working for God, but on a serious note if your serious about it, make sure sure its a white guy, and learn his story before he moves in with you.
    Agree younger guy and learn his story. If you have anything in your house of value your car is the new safe, because what ever is in your house you might have to say goodbye to. 98% to 99% of these people got kicked out of a home for something besides not having a job. Drugs and mental illness are the most likely reasons.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-18-13 at 04:25 PM.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Question is would you invite king mayan to live with you

Look at him... He's harmless

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

ding ding ding! we have a winner folks.

It's about where you go not about here. The eternal life is more important than the physical life by a factor of infinity.

Eternity is loooooooooooong time, boys. Where you spend it is up to you.

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 60

Don't come crying on here after he picks ya clean.

Honorable but stupid idea man.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11490

Tony, I recommend inviting two homeless guys to move into your place. That way when you're out the homeless guy in your living room will have someone he can talk to.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1965

Tally the consensus of us posters closer to this lifestyle is preferring the more PC word "homefree" over "homeless"...

Just letting you know pal because words sometimes do hurt...

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    That sounds like a great plan until you come home one day and your change jar is missing and your dog is pregnant.
    This happened to me too.
    He killed my pet frog as well...

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

GL with your situation Tony. Hope I dont see a story about you on the news in the future. You dont have to take someone in to be charitable.

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

I think you will find out that they are homeless for a reason.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Tony, How many People have you killed?

BustinNutz
    BustinNutz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 656

If you were really a man of God you wouldn't advertise good deeds....

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

any updates? post a pic of him ( or her)

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

You have a house.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

im sick of living in sin.
    I guess before you go any further, define "sin". What has religion guilted you into thinking you're doing wrong in life?

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

would I be going too far to assume you will enslave him....chain him to your basement heater and sell his food stamps on craigslist? You can also list him as a dependant on your tax return for tax write off. Force him to beg and beat the change out of him.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Watch a few episodes of first 48 and reconsider these situations usually end in murder and also there's usually something gay going on. I would look for a chick to stay with you instead the hotter the better obviously.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

A lot of homeless people have serious drug issues and/or mental issues. Not a good idea to invite one into your house. You are better off donating your time/money to organizations that actually need help. Feels good to volunteer at a soup kitchen or food bank.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    Watch a few episodes of first 48 and reconsider these situations usually end in murder and also there's usually something gay going on. I would look for a chick to stay with you instead the hotter the better obviously.
    what channel? when does that come on?

Blutarski
    Blutarski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Most homeless have mental health issues and they are off their meds! Inviting someone that is hearing voices, such as a schizophrenic, into your house is a very bad idea. Buy a bag of double cheeseburgers and toss the bag at them next time you feel like doing something this ass stupid. $20 later you can feel great and your heart will stop bleeding, win-win!

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

You might want to speak to people at a homeless shelter. They could tell you veterans that are down and out and just need a hand. A little bit more research would tell you if they are mentally unstable and not worth the chance. Some people that are homeless are okay, obviously some are not. If you must do this do the research and make absolutely sure the person you are taking into your home won't be someday taking your heart, and I mean physically taking it.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

is tony a gay guy? sounds like hes trying to be Richard gere looking for a "pretty woman" but in this case he wants a homeless man to shower gifts upon and share bubblebaths with.

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    You might want to speak to people at a homeless shelter. They could tell you veterans that are down and out and just need a hand. A little bit more research would tell you if they are mentally unstable and not worth the chance. Some people that are homeless are okay, obviously some are not. If you must do this do the research and make absolutely sure the person you are taking into your home won't be someday taking your heart, and I mean physically taking it.
    Homeless veterans would be one of the last types of people I would let in my home because almost all of them have mental issues. Those homeless veterans were not f*cked up before they went into the military, but when they came out they were f*cked up.

Also with a homeless veteran way higher chance that person could kill you. The military and prison just break some people.
    Last edited by DoYouNotGetIT; 10-24-13 at 08:19 PM.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

1st off good luck bro, its a good thing you are doing.... 2nd of all becareful. I had a friend who I knew for 10+ years, suddenly became homeless. Was on the street for 2 weeks, not because of drugs but a bad luck streak. Lost job, injury but no insurance, car breaks down, etc...When I found out he was homeless I was able to reach him and opened the doors to my home so he had a place to stay. Ended up with money and other stuff slowly become missing. He wasnt a bad person but was in a bad position. Guess he saw an opportunity and took it at my expense. Considered this person a great friend was suppose to be the best man at his wedding a few years prior (it never happened) Your heart maybe in the right place but hopefully the man you are helping out sees it that way as well and things dont go sour on you

DoYouNotGetIT

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    When I found out he was homeless I was able to reach him and opened the doors to my home so he had a place to stay. Ended up with money and other stuff slowly become missing.
    As much as you like the guy I am sure your home wasn't the first home he stole from. As I said people who are homeless most times aren't homeless because they don't have a job or money. My guess he f*cked over someone before he went homeless originally.

12 Last