sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Almost bought a Ridley

Made some nice bikes in the six years or so they were in business, all automatics. Long court battle with Harley Davidson over the use of the name Glide. Many say the loss to HD in the courts financially ruined them. Are motorcycles heading towards automatic transmission? No clutch to deal with in stop and go city traffic. Ten years from now will everyone will be asking why it took so long to catch on? This is the bike, '07 Auto Glide Classic with under 10,000 km. Guy wanted $9K for it. Believe it sold for $20K brand new. Was sold in Ontario, I think he'd get $12K for it. Only downside is it looks like the bike was stored in a barn.

sickler
    Facade 101

Anyone here ride an automatic? Not a scooter but a motorcycle.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I've tried starting a couple of bike threads..No luck. I know Honda makes at least one decent looking auto.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I've tried starting a couple of bike threads..No luck. I know Honda makes at least one decent looking auto.
    New one from Honda is the ctx700 DCT (dual clutch transmission). It's classified as a cruiser but the exhaust pipe and headlight don't look like anything you see on cruisers.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

This is more my style..Triumph bobber..Tho' a lot of bikes like this look better than they ride.

sickler
    Facade 101

Indeed, Dutch. Sharp looking bike, sure to turn heads. For cruiser I'd go for a Victory Boardwalk. Better than Harleys, Sonny Barger says so.

Dutch
    Honky Lips

I look forward to the return of the Road Glide. It's gonna be water cooled finally.

Now if they could catch up to the 1990's and get rid of some of the vibrations in the handle bars at slow speeds, I'd actually think about buying a Harley. I can even live with the clunky sounding transmission.