stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Louisville Kid: Check in please

From what I have seen from Kentucky so far, I think, at home, they can stay within 28 pts of 'Bama Saturday.

What's your read on this game?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I looked at the game, I think it has a strong chance to be closer than people think. Saban never runs its up as you know, but simply better plays on the board imo.

Gun to my head I'd take the 28
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 10-09-13 at 04:37 PM.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

gonna disagree with ya here LK. Saban doesn't tend to run up the score against weak out of conference opponents, but in conference (and OOC decently ranked teams) he tends to want to put teams in their place. Saban over the last two years against decent opponents/SEC teams:

2012:
    Beat Arkansas by 52
    Beat Tennessee by 31
    Beat Miss St. by 31
    Beat Auburn by 49
    Beat Mizzou by 32
    Beat ND by 28
    Beat Michigan by 27

2011:
    Beat Vandy by 34
    Beat Ole Miss by 45
    Beat Tennessee by 31
    Beat Auburn by 28
    Beat Florida by 28

I think Saban does what Tiger Woods does/used to do in golf. If he is playing against you, even if he is out of the tournament he will try to beat you as bad as he can so that the next time he plays you, you are already intimidated (I have this on good account btw, not makin shit up). I tend to think Saban takes the same approach. I feel like with SEC teams or top ranked teams he really tries to pound you if he can so that next year/next time you play them, you are already intimidated driving up. He calls off the dog on weaker OOC opponents he will never see again, but against weak SEC teams he doesn't mind punching ya in the mouth pretty good. He wants you to feel his dominance every year so that the next year you are already thinking about last year. Gives him a competitive advantage.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Good point, I just don't have a great feel for this one

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

oh ya, no way in hell i'm touching it