Winner_13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Is the Govt. affecting you in any way?

If so, how?

How long do you think it will last?

Greg242
    Greg242's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6854

Yes the shutdown is affecting me positively. Finally all these idiots on both sides in congress have time to reflect on how fcking retarted they all are ... they should not be getting paid one dime. Hopefully the government shutdown will stop these idiots from wasting more money and passing laws they don't read or understand but I am sure they will continue to do that and fck us all. Until people realize how evil and equally responsible both sides are for our countries problems and out of control spending we are screwed.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Some that I have talked to hasn't been too upset yet that is. They are taking it as a vacation.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Yeah well, thanks to the Repukes for the shutdown, my niece and her boy friend have lost their jobs.
    Not just furloughed, lost them. They worked for a company who did govt contracts. Now those contracts are gone
    and so are their jobs.

While those people are looking at this like a vacation, we and including them are losing money in our 401k's.
    Small private businesses that rely on the income from govt workers are suffering also.

So while you guys are saying it's not the Repubs fault, tell me what bills they have wrote that has an inkling
    of job growth? Was it the sequester? Was it the bill they passed to defund Obamacare for the CR? How about
    a bill to cut food stamps?

The Senate has been working and passing good going forward bills that could help create jobs. The house won't
    even bring them to the floor for a vote. Don't tell me it's both sides fault.

This childish behavior is going to the debt ceiling. If they don't get their shit together, we will be down graded,
    the markets will drop and we will have another recession. Better start saving and paying off bills now.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

no. i could honestly care less. the goverment dont care about fixing the economy.

if they did they would legalize marijuana and gambling in all 50 states and tax the fukk out of it.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

it will affect everyone sooner or later.. you may not know it yet.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Fuk em. They quit.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

yeah im having to work and not get paid.... fukkk this

Winner_13

lol, some say this is the most efficient govt. has run for a while.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Read where 80% is still operating...and of the initial furloughs a few hundred thousand have been called back already....bluff got buried.

Yes I'm sure there are some people directly hit by this but at the same time that goes with any industry....if you work as a case worker on govt grants to see if beer makes you drunk and all those other studies....you might get hit here....if you hand out brochures or sell gifts at the tourist parks....you might get hit here. Same can be said for local newspapers who still print or for photographers who still charge to develop kodak film in the age of instagram and Tumblr......no job is secured from anything.

Bottom line this is another scare story just like the debt limits before, and all of the other doomsday scenarios. Not as bad as it was made out to be.....people aren't in the streets dying and choking up blood because the govt shut down a few days.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Read where 80% is still operating...and of the initial furloughs a few hundred thousand have been called back already....bluff got buried.

Yes I'm sure there are some people directly hit by this but at the same time that goes with any industry....if you work as a case worker on govt grants to see if beer makes you drunk and all those other studies....you might get hit here....if you hand out brochures or sell gifts at the tourist parks....you might get hit here. Same can be said for local newspapers who still print or for photographers who still charge to develop kodak film in the age of instagram and Tumblr......no job is secured from anything.

Bottom line this is another scare story just like the debt limits before, and all of the other doomsday scenarios. Not as bad as it was made out to be.....people aren't in the streets dying and choking up blood because the govt shut down a few days.
    Good post.

As a forex trader, it's making things unpredictable. Just gotta have patience, which I really lack.

Winner_13

lol, so no1 really cares then if the govt. shutdown is over. It might even be better with it shutdown

Not being from the States, I was naive before thinking it was severely detrimental.