Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Disappointed with Dexter Season Finale?

What the hell was that? Very weird. What a bad final. The 8th season was worst.

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

I think I am in the minority but I liked it. A happy ending would have sucked.

Dexter paid the ultimate sacrifice for him for trying to live 2 lives.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Need to see Dexter movie and a very steamy reunion with Hannah. compared to that stick figure they tried to pretend was "hot". But if they don't hurry, we know how Hannah is... she will be married to a Cartel dude and sipping fruity drinks next to me at the beach

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 223

Add breaking bad to the list of horrible endings.. You watch these shows for over a half a decade and the creators just leave ya scratching your head.

Fa11en
    Fa11en's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3898

Dexter is bar none the most over-rated show of all time. 8 seasons was too many anyway.

Brooks
    Brooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

dexter should have left on his boat with hannah and harrison and went to cuba a few episodes ago. imagine in this day and age trying to get fake documents and using them at miami airport. haha.

hannah is out in the backyard at dexter's sister house with the us marshals after her. wtf. pretty bad final season all and all.

when all is said and done he could be sitting in buenos aires with some hot ass and his son but he decides to become a lumberjack. what a loser. he probably had the falcons last night also

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

I had a feeling it wasnt going to be good... I think it could of been a lot better

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Dexter was always horrifically overrated but the show jumped the shark after season 4.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was an absolutely terrible finale. I guess that was the creator's way of trying to leave the audience shouting at the TV for possibly ending that way a la The Sopranos?

The whole storm bit was incredibly forced and cliche. I would have preferred Dexter hang onto his marbles the last couple of seasons and stop letting people off his table. He caused Debra's death by his inaction. Would have preferred a happily ever after over that crap they did. The show's writing took a nosedive after Rita's death. I guess they lost their passion for it and kept it going due to the ratings.

Magic_79
    Magic_79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Deb should have lived and been the hero for catching Saxon. Dexter always got rid of the serial killers that the police were pursuing so it would have been refreshing for Metro PD to actually catch one alive for a change. Deb becomes the hero and probably become Lieutenant again, and Dexter meets up with Hannah and Harrison in Argentina as he is in awe to finally be feeling human emotions. The beauty of this show was that he never got caught and that's how it should have ended. It should have been a happily ever after leaving everyone oblivious to Dexter's true self. Another alternative ending would have been that Quinn always knew he was a serial killer since Dexter killed his private investigator Linney, but never did anything about it because he knows Dexter is too smart to get caught. Also it would have been a huge conflict for him as he was in love with Deb. There should have been a nice twist ending where Quin proved that Dexter was a serial killer but never ratted him out because Dexter only killed the bad ones and Quin saw too many bad guys get away and loved that Dexter took him out. Quin should have helped Dexter get to Argentina and the show ends with Dexter reunited with Hanna and Harrison while at the same time Quinn and Deb end up together as they both know Dexter's secret and the rest of the cast will remain oblivious to it all. That's how they should have ended the series.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wagerjunkie

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by lesterdymond View Post
    Add breaking bad to the list of horrible endings.. You watch these shows for over a half a decade and the creators just leave ya scratching your head.
    What was wrong with Breaking Bad's ending?

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    dexter should have left on his boat with hannah and harrison and went to cuba a few episodes ago. imagine in this day and age trying to get fake documents and using them at miami airport. haha.

hannah is out in the backyard at dexter's sister house with the us marshals after her. wtf. pretty bad final season all and all.

when all is said and done he could be sitting in buenos aires with some hot ass and his son but he decides to become a lumberjack. what a loser. he probably had the falcons last night also

Dr Nostron
    Dr Nostron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10978

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_79 View Post
    Deb should have lived and been the hero for catching Saxon. Dexter always got rid of the serial killers that the police were pursuing so it would have been refreshing for Metro PD to actually catch one alive for a change. Deb becomes the hero and probably become Lieutenant again, and Dexter meets up with Hannah and Harrison in Argentina as he is in awe to finally be feeling human emotions. The beauty of this show was that he never got caught and that's how it should have ended. It should have been a happily ever after leaving everyone oblivious to Dexter's true self. Another alternative ending would have been that Quinn always knew he was a serial killer since Dexter killed his private investigator Linney, but never did anything about it because he knows Dexter is too smart to get caught. Also it would have been a huge conflict for him as he was in love with Deb. There should have been a nice twist ending where Quin proved that Dexter was a serial killer but never ratted him out because Dexter only killed the bad ones and Quin saw too many bad guys get away and loved that Dexter took him out. Quin should have helped Dexter get to Argentina and the show ends with Dexter reunited with Hanna and Harrison while at the same time Quinn and Deb end up together as they both know Dexter's secret and the rest of the cast will remain oblivious to it all. That's how they should have ended the series.

The look that Quinn gave Dexter when they were watching the video of Dexter killing Saxon seemed to suggest that Quinn new/suspected alot more about Dexter than he ever said.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nostron View Post

what happened?

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

the writing was at its best during the Trinity series. it was peaked then. after that they could not top anything and it was down hill from there.

they tried to out write themselves after that, couldn't do it and fell flat on their faces.

but season 4 was some of the best TV series' in a long time.

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Nostron View Post
    The reason why I didn't liked it is not bad ending. The final, the ending, the idea was bad. Another sad ending could be much better..but I prefer happy endings of course.

Sawyer

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    the writing was at its best during the Trinity series. it was peaked then. after that they could not top anything and it was down hill from there.

they tried to out write themselves after that, couldn't do it and fell flat on their faces.

but season 4 was some of the best TV series' in a long time.
    Agreed completely. Season 4 was best.

First season was great.
    Second season was great.
    Third season was a little bit boring, was average.
    Season 4, Best Season ever..The peak.
    Season 5, So so.
    Season 6, Good.
    Season 7, Good.
    Season 8, Horrible.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

I think everyone agrees s4 was by far the best. Trinity was great. I don't think this season(s8) was bad. I do however, think the ending was terrible.

I though one of a few things should have happened in the finale. One, dexter gets caught. He's exposed for the person he really is. With this, there is a clear ending.

Secondly, dexter gets murdered. Again there is a clear ending or
    Finally, he moves to Argentina with Hannah and Harrison.( which would be my last pick)

This finale IMO failed and was terrible in many ways.....

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Show went off the rails after the 2nd season. Not worth anyone's time move along.

wagerjunkie
    wagerjunkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

like I said I lost interest and stopped watching am interested in this..why did Harrison end up with Hannah in Argentina? and Dexter was ok with all this?

or did she kidnap him?

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Quote Originally Posted by wagerjunkie View Post
    like I said I lost interest and stopped watching am interested in this..why did Harrison end up with Hannah in Argentina? and Dexter was ok with all this?

or did she kidnap him?
    Dexter sent Harrison with Hannah to go to Argentina saying he would meet them there, so he was more than happy with her looking after him despite her being a killer as well. In fact if anything, it was probably because she was a killer and had a history of protecting herself and those she cared about that he knew Harrison would always be safe as she would be there to protect him.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Just forced myself to watch it. Ended leaving several things open leaving the viewer to imagine what happens next...an ending becoming more and more common.