daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

No more College Football video games

EA is done making them. We're stuck in a shitty BCS dynasty mode for a long, long time.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-possibly-done

The NCAA College Football video game series, released annually by EA Sports, will not have a new game for next season, and the franchise could be done for good.
    Cam Weber, the general manager of American football for EA Sports, released a statement Thursday explaining the difficult decision.
    "Today I am sad to announce that we will not be publishing a new college football game next year, and we are evaluating our plan for the future of the franchise," Weber said. "This is as profoundly disappointing to the people who make this game as I expect it will be for the millions who enjoy playing it each year."
    The franchise began receiving bad news earlier this year when individual conferences decided to discontinue the relationship that allowed the game to display conference logos and championship game sites. At the time, it was believed that schools could still be in the game due to their partnership with licensing firms like Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC).
    In his statement, Weber cited the ongoing legal battle regarding player likeness -- of which CLC is also a defendant -- as a reason to discontinue the game.
    "We have been stuck in the middle of a dispute between the NCAA and student-athletes who seek compensation for playing college football. Just like companies that broadcast college games and those that provide equipment and apparel, we follow rules that are set by the NCAA – but those rules are being challenged by some student-athletes.
    "For our part, we are working to settle the lawsuits with the student-athletes. Meanwhile, the NCAA and a number of conferences have withdrawn their support of our game. The ongoing legal issues combined with increased questions surrounding schools and conferences have left us in a difficult position – one that challenges our ability to deliver an authentic sports experience, which is the very foundation of EA Sports games."
    There were no specifics given regarding actions taken by EA Sports to settle the lawsuits with student-athletes, or a timetable to expect such a resolution.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Maybe is a good thing. Get out of the house and go to a park and play flag football with your friends. Is good for your body.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

ncaa 98, had bowl games, playoff modes, everything.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I buy NCAA Football every year, and I'll be sad to see it go, but this was a long time coming.

I spend way too much time on that game anyway. If they ever get rid of MLB and the Oblivion series too, I'd probably have six-pack abs.