turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

installing right now

a whole fukkin CD just to install

this is gonna be insane

The Samurai
    The Samurai's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

A ? From a non gamer. OK so my son has PlayStation because all my buddies told me Xbox sucks cuz of this ring of death deal. He plays all day long on his headset shouting into it and seemingly having a great ol time. What are the games that most adults are playing if I want to get into it. Last time I played I was on ps1, so I'm out of the loop. I'd love to be able to get into something I can play online with adults.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

GTA is the greatest game of all time.

The Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    GTA is the greatest game of all time.
    So should I buy it for the boy? Will I be able to play online with adults on PlayStation? What's the best game for that? Thanks jay.

turtlejc

how old is the boy? its pretty crazy game

i just got in a fight with my "niggas" at the strip club with some awfully real lookin in my face

The Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    how old is the boy? its pretty crazy game

i just got in a fight with my "niggas" at the strip club with some awfully real lookin in my face
    Hes 10 but I hide nothing from my children. He's street smart. Hes a brilliant kid. His favorite song is "Hunger strike" - temple of the dog. Not your avg. 10 year old turd.

turtlejc

get it than

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

Quote Originally Posted by The Samurai View Post
    So should I buy it for the boy? Will I be able to play online with adults on PlayStation? What's the best game for that? Thanks jay.
    You should buy Call of Duty. Thats the games most adults play online. Buy GTA to play offline

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Hes 10 but I hide nothing from my children. He's street smart. Hes a brilliant kid. His favorite song is "Hunger strike" - temple of the dog. Not your avg. 10 year old turd.

This is scary. American parenting 101. Hang out on SBR (and gamble as well presumably), while he entertains himself with GTA5.

He may be a brilliant kid, but he's a kid. If he eventually turns out well, it'll be in spite of you. What kind of a parent doesn't hide things from a 10 year old?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: itchypickle, and geebert74

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Don't take it as a dig but constructive criticism, parent to parent....when you say you don't hide anything and he's not the average 10 year old....remember kids need time to be KIDS....there is a time to ease them into the world but they need to grow together. Teach him to excel and make his own way but not at the risk of social awkwardness that carries into the older years. It's great to be a 'cool parent' and all but remember, the kid's gonna have ton of friends growing up.....but only one parent...so strike that balance.

That being said, be sure to at least take him to the strip club in the game and show him proper stripper etiquette
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Gee, and SBRMAN23

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thee best gta yet better than San Andreas an for sure better than the one where you play as a Russian immigrant (I didn't care for that one) this one is gta on steroids

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

gonna try and get this today.... looks the same old shit from what ive seen on youtube tho.
    Any of you have the collectors edition, theres apparently a secret message on one of the maps or some shyt.
    kids this days...

edit, found it - could be bullshit:

T.P.E – Trevor Philips Enterprises. Weaponry, narcotics, intimidation and casual wear.
    Lago Zancudo
    Great Ocean Highway North
    Through North Chumash
    0.5 miles past Raton Canyon
    <— when guard rail ends
    follow the dirt road
    down the docks
    Bring $500,000 cash
    xxxxx

teaserpleaser

its a gta game but its San andereas with a much better story line Theres a reason people are lined up around the block for it seriously I was in downtown LA this morning there was a line wrapped around about 100 people deep waiting for gamestop to open that's after the midnight release I was reading 1 billion in sales already playing it now one of the best games I've ever played I though rockstar is killing it with this one feels like Red dead redemption you can slow things down like red dead/max payne its pretty damn sick. Rockstar never lets me down I've been playing since 10 am I cant find any bugs or problems yet other than the damn thing taking about 20 mins to load on my ps3 lol. If they can top this one i'd like to see it easily a perfect game imo ...so far.

teaserpleaser

The detail is amazing You can tell when you're in Long Beach you can tell where you're at in LA the landmarks are super realistic radios better voices better no stop action back to playing just thought i'd give you a heads up its getting 10 of 10 at most places i'd also have to give it 10 as well like I said I haven't been this geeked about a game since the first Halo or red dead redemption.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

I hate these controls, before they gave you the option to switch to classic controls with the X button for drive. This is really pissing me off

teaserpleaser

I don't see an issue with controls but I didn't really play the last one too much

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

love the game, must be super cool for you guys who live in la with it being so realistic.

i was out watching the steeler game and left the bar around 1145 and was like f it ill try and hit up my local gamestop which happens to be right next to walmart, there was about 100-200 people in line no joke i walk in walmart and wait in a line of 3 people

great game though, i rarely ever play anything besides sports games

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    love the game, must be super cool for you guys who live in la with it being so realistic.

i was out watching the steeler game and left the bar around 1145 and was like f it ill try and hit up my local gamestop which happens to be right next to walmart, there was about 100-200 people in line no joke i walk in walmart and wait in a line of 3 people

great game though, i rarely ever play anything besides sports games
    yep LA landscape is pretty realistic dead on actually the trailer parks in the Inland empire I hit up my local 24 hour walmart at 6am nobody there I guess everybody wants the power up rewards points for buying at gamestop screw that seriously people were waiting in LA summer heat for hours for the game.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Is it the game that will come with the PS4?

teaserpleaser

I cant remember the last game maybe red dead redemption I enjoyed playing this much I should just stick to rockstar games they never let me down other than that weak gta 4... so detailed they have my job in the game The Vincent Thomas bridge is there and the oil field in signal hill in Long beach crazy im hididng from the cops there now and the pump jacks are pretty much in the same place as in real life.

LordCC
    LordCC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4199

I want to get this game & shooting for this weekend. From everything I have read, from the screen shots & video clips, it looks amazingly real & quite addictive too.

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

A ? From a non gamer. OK so my son has PlayStation because all my buddies told me Xbox sucks cuz of this ring of death deal. He plays all day long on his headset shouting into it and seemingly having a great ol time. What are the games that most adults are playing if I want to get into it. Last time I played I was on ps1, so I'm out of the loop. I'd love to be able to get into something I can play online with adults.
    That depends on what you like to play, but yes the call of duty saga is great multi player or campaing. That is a 1st person shooter, or you might enjoy the rpg games..i'll give you a list

God of war 1,2,3, asention and the origins collection
    Darksiders 2
    Call of duty Modern warfare 1,2,2 & Black ops 1 and 2
    Uncharted 1,2 and 3
    Batman: Arkam City
    Red Dead Redemption
    All the Resident Evil Saga
    The Last of Us
    Assasins Creed 1,2,Brotherhood, Revelations and 3
    Mortal Kombat 9
    Street Fighter
    Tekken
    Burnout
    Metal Gear , the whole saga
    Army of two, the whole saga
    and there are many others, but those are good enough to start.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

i really want the collectors ed, £180 here as theyre very rare now (ps3)

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

man i remember the old school one

dolyms
    dolyms's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

amazing game.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Took my nephew and two of his friends to buy copies about an hour ago. They needed an adult in order to buy it. One of the kids has to keep the game a secret from his mom..Must be pretty badass.

747planes
    [Too Long]
    747planes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 334

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    man i remember the old school one

I completed this one. THese days are games are complicated...too many damn buttons.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i didnt like GTA IV at all. the whole storyline i found boring. i liked saints row 1 and 2 but 3 and now 4 just seem completely unrealistic.

i will be getting GTA V, right now im too busy playing madden.

best games for adults are the Call of Duty games when you work with your friends to kill the enemy. its even fun to play sports games online as well.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Already beat it. Save your cash. Took me a week moderate playing.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    The detail is amazing You can tell when you're in Long Beach you can tell where you're at in LA the landmarks are super realistic radios better voices better no stop action back to playing just thought i'd give you a heads up its getting 10 of 10 at most places i'd also have to give it 10 as well like I said I haven't been this geeked about a game since the first Halo or red dead redemption.
    fcukin nerd

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    fcukin nerd
    says the guy with -1 over pats che in new York mets avatar NYsportsguy210

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

They should release this game on ps4 really.

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack

I cant stop running people over, its an illness.
    Sometimes I reverse over them too, Im not even doing the missions.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    says the guy with -1 over pats che in new York mets avatar NYsportsguy210
    how did that falcons -1 work out for ya L7

12 Last