slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

British doctor's toddler drowns in swollen river after falling from father's shoulder

Girl, 18 months, was swept away in the River Manvi in Hyderabad
    Parents said to be in state of shock following incident on Thursday

A doctor’s toddler daughter drowned after she slipped off his shoulders while he was taking photos and plunged into a swollen river.
    Coventry-based anaesthesiologist Megha Reddy screamed for help as 18-month-old Manvi disappeared under the water and was washed downstream in strong currents.
    A frantic search was launched for the girl and rescue divers pulled her body out of the river more than four miles away.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2cMmAr4gf

Imagine if you are the father of that child and you have to think about that for the rest of your life, RIP that child.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

As a father I can tell you I would hit the water immediately. Very sad. Life is short tell your loved ones what they mean daily.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Wow is that ever a sad story.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

wow, so now the saloon is about posting articles of dead kids. Mods, DELETE this classless shit.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Hey Bubbles.... I dont think he meant any disrespect by it .

As much as me AND my daughter naturally love water and swimming we will only swim in water that you can see in
    or that is in a controlled environment.

My uncle and cousin both drowned in the same lake at the same time. They were on their job site and the house
    they was working on had a big lake right by it. My cousin jumped in it to cool off and started swimming.
    He cramped up and went under. My uncle drowned trying to save him. That really fukked our family up for a while.
    Still does of course... but it was 15 years ago so the pain has faded. None of us fukk with water u cant see in
    or lakes,rivers, anything like that from then on .

Another similar story is one of my buddies old friends walked out onto a rivers edge
    with his son and walked forward so many feet to make sure it was only a couple feet deep.
    His son was 2 years old and had a couple 7 and 8 year old cousins with him .
    He sat his kid down and stepped a few yards away since he felt comfortable knowing that so many
    yards out the water was only waist high to his 2 year old. What he didnt know is that even though he checked to make sure there was no drop offs in front of him there was one a couple yards
    to the right and his son within seconds was engulfed into the murky water.

If you have any kids,nephews,cousins ALWAYS tell them to stay away from water you cannot see in .
    The risk is just not worth it
    No one can be saved if you cant see more then a inch in front of you because of the murky water.

Told these tragic stories because the OP's post affected me enough to share.
    Always respect water and swim in controlled areas that you can see in .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: innovation

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    wow, so now the saloon is about posting articles of dead kids. Mods, DELETE this classless shit.
    I think this thread is more of an eye opener.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Speakin of an eye opener.

This news report I saw a year back or so made me nauseous

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/teens-drown...ry?id=11312631

The kids showed more heart then the parents ?

Why have the get together there at a river if no 1 can swim.

Shit like this is one of my biggest fears.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Speakin of an eye opener.

This news report I saw a year back or so made me nauseous

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/teens-drown...ry?id=11312631

The kids showed more heart then the parents ?

Why have the get together there at a river if no 1 can swim.

Shit like this is one of my biggest fears.
    Yeah, I remember that. Very sad story indeed. A river definitely isn't a place to take people that have limited swimming skill.