NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

OVERRATED FOODS: (1) Indian Food - all of it is terrible for you and it's so spicy it leaves me with a headache and not to mention doesn't even fill me up.

(2) Egg Whites - they have no taste whatsoever and even though are good for protein you can get the same amount if not more protein eating something tastier.

(3) Red Bull or 5 Hour Energy - Sh*t tastes like cough syrup and gets you all nervous and jumpy. Plus some brand name versions of it I heard cause osteoporosis.

(4) Milk - first of all if you're lactose intolerant then there isn't need to tell you why milk is overrated. In fact, milk isn't necessary for human survival at all. It's supposed to "build strong bones" but you can seriously get more healthier proteins, nutrients and more calcium drinking Almond milk or eating soy and both can actually have taste to it. Chocolate milk isn't healthy for you either so kiss that excuse good bye.

(5) Crackers - no I'm not talking about white people. Crackers (especially with salt on them) are basically just empty calodries that really never fill you up and contain butter and dough in them that isn't good for you. plus every time I eat them my mouth and throat go cotton dry.

NYSportsGuy210

Oh while I'm at it....Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies. Those sh*ts are stale as hell and don't even taste like real chocolate. Like eating a chocolate flavored cracker....gross.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    OVERRATED FOODS: (1) Indian Food - all of it is terrible for you and it's so spicy it leaves me with a headache and not to mention doesn't even fill me up.

(2) Egg Whites - they have no taste whatsoever and even though are good for protein you can get the same amount if not more protein eating something tastier.

(3) Red Bull or 5 Hour Energy - Sh*t tastes like cough syrup and gets you all nervous and jumpy. Plus some brand name versions of it I heard cause osteoporosis.

(4) Milk - first of all if you're lactose intolerant then there isn't need to tell you why milk is overrated. In fact, milk isn't necessary for human survival at all. It's supposed to "build strong bones" but you can seriously get more healthier proteins, nutrients and more calcium drinking Almond milk or eating soy and both can actually have taste to it. Chocolate milk isn't healthy for you either so kiss that excuse good bye.

(5) Crackers - no I'm not talking about white people. Crackers (especially with salt on them) are basically just empty calodries that really never fill you up and contain butter and dough in them that isn't good for you. plus every time I eat them my mouth and throat go cotton dry.

Great list!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

't healthy for you either so kiss that excuse good
    Oh man, 5 hour energy is one of the worst. Should be called 5 Hour Shits.

Whoever said seafood must be eating it in some place like Ohio or Nebraska. Fresh seafood from Florida or Louisiana is awesome. Not much beats a dozen gulf oysters with some cocktail sauce and crackers.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mexican food.

95% of it is pure garbage.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Mexican food.

95% of it is pure garbage.

American Mexican food is pretty bad, but I wonder if authentic Mexican food is. I wouldn't be surprised if it is really good. I believe most countries have good food, after all they have been doing it for centuries some even longer. Of course that doesn't include England where the best food is fish and chips. Just kidding I am sure they have great food too.

So we need some feedback from real Mexicans.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

grains good for your body, lol
    not

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

grains are very good for your body.
    Grains are terrible for your body. Don't believe what the government told you in the 80s with their bullshit, designed to help the food industry, food pyramid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    Grains are terrible for your body. Don't believe what the government told you in the 80s with their bullshit, designed to help the food industry, food pyramid.
    Look at Blue Zones. Blue Zones are areas around the globe where there is a concentration of centenarians (people that live 100+ years). Every single one of them eat grains. And animals.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

My main over-rated food (that everybody seems to just adore) is sushi. I just don't get it. Sushi is a big chunk of rice with a tiny amount of stuff in the middle. It tastes alright, but I don't see how it's so bomb.

Another one is Sriracha sauce. I've definitely had way better hot sauce than this stuff, but it seems like people are so omz, best stuff evARRRRR.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    My main over-rated food (that everybody seems to just adore) is sushi. I just don't get it. Sushi is a big chunk of rice with a tiny amount of stuff in the middle. It tastes alright, but I don't see how it's so bomb.

Another one is Sriracha sauce. I've definitely had way better hot sauce than this stuff, but it seems like people are so omz, best stuff evARRRRR.
    Sushi really isn't bomb because of its taste. It's healthy for you and not too filling. Like after you eat a lot of it you don't feel sleepy and groggy because it has no grease in it. If it had no nutritional value to it, it would be utterly useless.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Chinese food buffets/takeouts/Panda Express.

The chicken and Beef never looks like actual chicken and beef. Who knows what the fukk they are serving?
    Eating any of this shit is a true gamble.

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

Sushi is good for you and it tastes awesome. However I know it's not for some. My wife doesn't care for it.

Hot dogs / bologna are flat out disgusting. Only way I like a hot dog is if it's covered in chili and cheese to mask what little flavor the dog even has.

Spaghetti. Yup, I said it. Pasta that tastes like nothing? Check. Tomato sauce and some meat? Check. Throw it together? Bleh.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Norris View Post
    Sushi is good for you and it tastes awesome. However I know it's not for some. My wife doesn't care for it.

Hot dogs / bologna are flat out disgusting. Only way I like a hot dog is if it's covered in chili and cheese to mask what little flavor the dog even has.

Spaghetti. Yup, I said it. Pasta that tastes like nothing? Check. Tomato sauce and some meat? Check. Throw it together? Bleh.

Naturally since I am 100% Italian I must respectfully disagree with the spaghetti idea. Bruce, I don't know what you are eating but you need to try real Italian made spaghetti, with home made sauce from tomato. Seasoned properly with great Romano cheese for the topping, not the shit you buy in grocery stores. You can't even get this stuff in most Italian restaurants, some yes but not most. If you are using canned sauce and shitty cheese sure the spaghetti is terrible I agree.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYSportsGuy210

Bruce Norris
    I'm almost too old to fight.... almost.
    Bruce Norris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3837

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Naturally since I am 100% Italian I must respectfully disagree with the spaghetti idea. Bruce, I don't know what you are eating but you need to try real Italian made spaghetti, with home made sauce from tomato. Seasoned properly with great Romano cheese for the topping, not the shit you buy in grocery stores. You can't even get this stuff in most Italian restaurants, some yes but not most. If you are using canned sauce and shitty cheese sure the spaghetti is terrible I agree.
    I'm not saying it sucks completely, just over rated for me. But I do understand that home made sauce, etc is going to make it that much better. I'm also not huge on most pasta either, it's not my deal. (thankfully, it makes you fat!)

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Norris View Post
    I'm not saying it sucks completely, just over rated for me. But I do understand that home made sauce, etc is going to make it that much better. I'm also not huge on most pasta either, it's not my deal. (thankfully, it makes you fat!)
    Not your bag well it is not your bag. I agreed with the guy not too long ago that said bacon is overrated. I seldom eat it because it is so bad for you but a BLT and bacon and eggs they are great. But bacon on everything, no. Omaha ruins a good steak by wrapping it with bacon IMO.

However, give me some really good homemade sausage and meatballs with some homemade sauce on a good pasta with romano and a salad side and I am happy. I don't eat it often anymore because of all the problems associated with red meat and too many carbs. I do use a great EVOO to offset some of that. lol
    Last edited by dante1; 09-03-13 at 12:50 PM.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Bacon is a man's food boys. Man the fk up and clog those arteries! It's the American way.

First 12