TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

When Metallica lost Jason, they lost a lot.....listen to "Creeping Death"....

an amazing , amazing performance by Metallica, and especially by Bass player Jason Newsted....the loss of Jason in 01' was as devastating to Metallica as lead guitarist Mick Taylor leaving the Stones in 74'....epic concert at Milton Keynes, UK...

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

This is one thing we can agree on, you fvcking mongoloid.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't even post facts on Metallica, right, for Fukks sake....

Creeping Death was ALL CLIFF BURTON!!

ABSO-FUKKiN-LUTELY!!!
    Points Awarded:

face gave PAULYPOKER 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Metallica lost me with the whole naspter thing.

TheRifleman

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You can't even post facts on Metallica, right, for Fukks sake....

Creeping Death was ALL CLIFF BURTON!!

ABSO-FUKKiN-LUTELY!!!
    Cliff died, Jason left the band. Nothing anyone can do about Cliff, Jason's leaving was preventable if ego's didn't get in the way.....

TheRifleman

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    Metallica lost me with the whole naspter thing.
    Were they really wrong? They spoke for the entire music industry. They have the right to get paid for their time and effort just like you would expect to do.
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 08-07-13 at 09:23 AM.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    Were they really wrong? They spoke for the entire music industry. They have the right to get paid for their tiem and effort just like you would expect to do.
    Yes they were, no one likes to hear artists they respect become corporate whores. Metallica was just pathetic but the rap industries response was one of the most hilarious moments in recent history, gangsters and thugs crying about people downloading their music because it's stealing?

I don't believe they spoke for the entire industry, they spoke for the record companies, it's never been easier to have your music exposed than through the mediums available today. As technology changes economic models must adapt, with the invention of the record player how many live performing artists were put out of work? It's wasn't fair, it's just the way it was. Same thing's happening now, musicians have adapted their economic models focusing more of touring, endorsements, other avenues such as film, ect. The big stars are still making bank, don't shed a tear for any of them. Only people hurting are the parasites sitting in the record companies, fukc 'em.

I don't buy into the notion of sharing as a crime, as long as you are not profiting off their work it's acceptable.

TheRifleman

Yes they were, no one likes to hear artists they respect become corporate whores. Metallica was just pathetic but the rap industries response was one of the most hilarious moments in recent history, gangsters and thugs crying about people downloading their music because it's stealing?

I don't believe they spoke for the entire industry, they spoke for the record companies, it's never been easier to have your music exposed than through the mediums available today. As technology changes economic models must adapt, with the invention of the record player how many live performing artists were put out of work? It's wasn't fair, it's just the way it was. Same thing's happening now, musicians have adapted their economic models focusing more of touring, endorsements, other avenues such as film, ect. The big stars are still making bank, don't shed a tear for any of them. Only people hurting are the parasites sitting in the record companies, fukc 'em.

I don't buy into the notion of sharing as a crime, as long as you are not profiting off their work it's acceptable.
    I'm confused....do you mean that if you made music, music that you expect to feed your family from, that it would be OK for people to "steal" your music, getting it for FREE?

You sound like a left-winger, or just a troll.

"sharing" is just another cute name for STEALING.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    I'm confused....do you mean that if you made music, music that you expect to feed your family from, that it would be OK for people to "steal" your music, getting it for FREE?

You sound like a left-winger, or just a troll.

"sharing" is just another cute name for STEALING.
    You've obviously never been to a library or borrowed an album or book off a friend, same principle. You sound like someone who would support the recent attempt to copyright the human genome.

Musicians are doing just fine, no one has lost the ability to feed their family.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Metallica lost me with the whole Black album thing and everything after it, including Death Magnetic, which everyone said was a return to the old Metallica, but it really wasn't. They still kick serious ass in concert tho'

Fixed.
    Points Awarded:

ADR51 gave Dutch 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

this music is satanic, if you are a follower of Christ you cannot listen to it

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

paulpoker wins the thread

ADR51
    ADR51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5230

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    this music is satanic, if you are a follower of Christ you cannot listen to it

Metallica was one of the greatest but it is true, after the black album they became commercial whores.
    Jason newsted was good but not as good as Cliff, Cliff was the man! When did Newsted compose anything like Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth**

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7579

Robert Trujillo is better than Jason Newsted. Even though Newsted isn't bad by any stretch, he's technically the worst bass player Metallica has ever had .

TheRifleman

newstead is better than both cliff and trujillo. Newstead provided great back up vocals, and amazing bass play. Trujillo can play but he's a no show at vocals. Cliff was good, but I'd take Newstead in a heartbeat over him.

TheRifleman

You've obviously never been to a library or borrowed an album or book off a friend, same principle. You sound like someone who would support the recent attempt to copyright the human genome.

Musicians are doing just fine, no one has lost the ability to feed their family.
    you obviously are a troll of epic proportions. Just STFU.