PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Real Music To Go With Your Morning Coffee

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

You get down with that old man shit? Check this stuff out, bruh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL2txMU50CI

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    You get down with that old man shit? Check this stuff out, bruh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL2txMU50CI
    Now that's how u start off a morning.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

peppermillrick
    peppermillrick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Philly It's about time somebody had some good music on here. That poppy rap sh*t is for the birds.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    Philly It's about time somebody had some good music on here. That poppy rap sh*t is for the birds.
    Thanks pal. I agree completely.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Prick

Melkiavez
    Melkiavez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1618

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Dean Martin was a fabulous entertainer, however I just read the story of his life written by his daughter deanna. He was not a really good father or husband. This surprised me because he seems like such a nice guy and he was to everybody except his family. He did not abuse them and treated them well when it came to finances (usually) but he was not there for them. He spent almost no time with his kids and he had no problem cheating on whatever wife he was with at the time. Good guy, great singer but not what you would call a family man and that is surprising considering he was Italian.

However when it comes to this type of music Dean was good but Frank is the king, end of story.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Dean Martin was a fabulous entertainer, however I just read the story of his life written by his daughter deanna. He was not a really good father or husband. This surprised me because he seems like such a nice guy and he was to everybody except his family. He did not abuse them and treated them well when it came to finances (usually) but he was not there for them. He spent almost no time with his kids and he had no problem cheating on whatever wife he was with at the time. Good guy, great singer but not what you would call a family man and that is surprising considering he was Italian.

However when it comes to this type of music Dean was good but Frank is the king, end of story.
    I don't put too much stock into what people say or write about a person after they die.

No one knows what kind of sour grapes or agenda is at work in other people's minds when they say shit about a dead person.

Makes it easier for them too since the person can't respond back.

Dean Martin may or may not have cheated. Who cares?

It's nothing for me to judge.

He was an awesome entertainer and brought joy to millions of people.

That's good enough for me.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    I don't put too much stock into what people say or write about a person after they die.

No one knows what kind of sour grapes or agenda is at work in other people's minds when they say shit about a dead person.

Makes it easier for them too since the person can't respond back.

Dean Martin may or may not have cheated. Who cares?

It's nothing for me to judge.

He was an awesome entertainer and brought joy to millions of people.

That's good enough for me.

No doubt an awesome entertainer, actor and comedic talent. Great voice.

However this is his family writing, he broke a lot of hearts. The book was written with love and it is available on Amazon kindle if you're interested. You need to get the flavor of the book it was not written with hate or vengeance. His daughter loved him to the max she simply told the story of how he was not around for his family. We must remember that the character we see on stage or screen may or may not be the guy in reality. I love Dean M that is why I purchased the book, I love Frank S too however I respect him just a tiny bit less because he wasn't the man he portrayed. In fact, he could get, although very seldom, downright mean with people he loved.
    The tragic death of his son ruined the rest of his short life, so he loved his kids but was not able to show that love and didn't feel it was necessary to show it. Maybe a small flaw and maybe it was because of the Hollywood life but I think most of us agree that family and friends should come before everything else and that includes a career as an entertainer. However that is my opinion and it just may be me. It in no way tarnishes his fabulous career as an entertainer and singer.

If you own a kindle you should think about buying this book or at least borrowing it certainly if you are a huge D Martin fan.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

No doubt an awesome entertainer, actor and comedic talent. Great voice.

However this is his family writing, he broke a lot of hearts. The book was written with love and it is available on Amazon kindle if you're interested. You need to get the flavor of the book it was not written with hate or vengeance. His daughter loved him to the max she simply told the story of how he was not around for his family. We must remember that the character we see on stage or screen may or may not be the guy in reality. I love Dean M that is why I purchased the book, I love Frank S too however I respect him just a tiny bit less because he wasn't the man he portrayed. In fact, he could get, although very seldom, downright mean with people he loved.
    The tragic death of his son ruined the rest of his short life, so he loved his kids but was not able to show that love and didn't feel it was necessary to show it. Maybe a small flaw and maybe it was because of the Hollywood life but I think most of us agree that family and friends should come before everything else and that includes a career as an entertainer. However that is my opinion and it just may be me. It in no way tarnishes his fabulous career as an entertainer and singer.

If you own a kindle you should think about buying this book or at least borrowing it certainly if you are a huge D Martin fan.
    Again, I could care less.

What his daughter says is only one point of view not the whole story.

I don't judge anyone.

Really, this speaks more to me about the daughter than it does about him in my opinion.

I mean really, what kind of person goes around talking shit about their dead father? Moreover, actually trying to profit from it?

Fukk that. I ain't trying to hear that noise.

Dean Martin was the man. I would have been thrilled to have met the guy in person.

Great guy in my opinion.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Again, I could care less.

What his daughter says is only one point of view not the whole story.

I don't judge anyone.

Really, this speaks more to me about the daughter than it does about him in my opinion.

I mean really, what kind of person goes around talking shit about their dead father? Moreover, actually trying to profit from it?

Fukk that. I ain't trying to hear that noise.

Dean Martin was the man. I would have been thrilled to have met the guy in person.

Great guy in my opinion.

I think you are judging before you read the book. It isn't only his daughter. Check it out for yourself.

And BTW, he would have done everything in his power to avoid meeting you in person.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I think you are judging before you read the book. It isn't only his daughter. Check it out for yourself.

And BTW, he would have done everything in his power to avoid meeting you in person.
    I'm not judging anything, you are.

You know he would have avoided me in person because you're him, right?

Gimme a break Dante.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm not judging anything, you are.

You know he would have avoided me in person because you're him, right?

Gimme a break Dante.

Let me see you are saying and rightly so that he was a great entertainer and wonderful singer. I agree he was. However, you haven't one clue about the real man. You are projecting the image he had as an entertainer onto the person he was, this is nonsense and even you should understand that, but obviously you don't. You are defending a made up character philly, you don't understand that. You are defending the guy on stage that acted like everybody was his friend when he performed with the rat pack. You don't understand that was a stage personality? No, you don't. So you say don't judge but you judge and you judge by a very superficial means. Obviously you know not one thing about the man except what you saw on movies and tv. That is fine, just realize what you are doing. You are judging by what your senses perceived.

I on the other hand read a book or two about the man, and btw it was a book written with tremendous love. In this book, written by his daughter she mentioned that Dean was not the family man that his stage and tv might personify. Now, I wonder what case is more valid, what Hollywood projected and you bought hook line and sinker or what was written by his daughter. A daughter that had unconditional love for the guy.

No Philly you give me a break your ability to be objective is highly suspect. You talk about judging and that is exactly what you have done. You judge a hollywood image and discard the work of a person who knew him intimantely. I too love the guy I am simply telling you that his daughter had some very unpleasant things to write about her father. You can rationalize any way you please. You are older than 14 correct?

You may have the last word but I am sure it will only include a defense that has no real foundation except what you think Hollywood sold to you, and that is fine my friend.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Let me see you are saying and rightly so that he was a great entertainer and wonderful singer. I agree he was. However, you haven't one clue about the real man. You are projecting the image he had as an entertainer onto the person he was, this is nonsense and even you should understand that, but obviously you don't. You are defending a made up character philly, you don't understand that. You are defending the guy on stage that acted like everybody was his friend when he performed with the rat pack. You don't understand that was a stage personality? No, you don't. So you say don't judge but you judge and you judge by a very superficial means. Obviously you know not one thing about the man except what you saw on movies and tv. That is fine, just realize what you are doing. You are judging by what your senses perceived.

I on the other hand read a book or two about the man, and btw it was a book written with tremendous love. In this book, written by his daughter she mentioned that Dean was not the family man that his stage and tv might personify. Now, I wonder what case is more valid, what Hollywood projected and you bought hook line and sinker or what was written by his daughter. A daughter that had unconditional love for the guy.

No Philly you give me a break your ability to be objective is highly suspect. You talk about judging and that is exactly what you have done. You judge a hollywood image and discard the work of a person who knew him intimantely. I too love the guy I am simply telling you that his daughter had some very unpleasant things to write about her father. You can rationalize any way you please. You are older than 14 correct?

You may have the last word but I am sure it will only include a defense that has no real foundation except what you think Hollywood sold to you, and that is fine my friend.
    You are a huge asshole.

Huge asshole.

You didn't know the guy personally and talk as if you did.

You get your knowledge from reading books.

You have no life experience. That is obvious.

You took a book, written by a person with an agenda, and take it as gospel.

You were the type of kid that always got straight A's in class, with your reading glasses on, thinking he was superior to everyone else, that got his lunch money taken by the cool kids who knew you were an asshole even back then.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

You are a huge asshole.

Huge asshole.

You didn't know the guy personally and talk as if you did.

You get your knowledge from reading books.

You have no life experience. That is obvious.

You took a book, written by a person with an agenda, and take it as gospel.

You were the type of kid that always got straight A's in class, with your reading glasses on, thinking he was superior to everyone else, that got his lunch money taken by the cool kids who knew you were an asshole even back then.

Philly, talking about assholes.

Listen guy at least I got some knowledge about the guy that isn't superficial. All you know about the guy is what you bought from the entertainment industry, tv and movies. That is how you made your conclusion. Also she had no agenda except love for her father, but how would you know, you like a few other lads only receive most of your info passively. But you won't even know what that means.
    Read a book once in a while.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Philly, talking about assholes.

Listen guy at least I got some knowledge about the guy that isn't superficial. All you know about the guy is what you bought from the entertainment industry, tv and movies. That is how you made your conclusion. Also she had no agenda except love for her father, but how would you know, you like a few other lads only receive most of your info passively. But you won't even know what that means.
    Read a book once in a while.
    So, basically, you know as much about him as everyone else does.

You are indeed a HUGE asshole.

Get some life experience once in a while.

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Yea that's not g@y.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star