Crystos
    Crystos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 740

For Madmen Only

You are willing to die, you coward, but not to live.

In eternity there is no time, only an instant long enough for a joke.

To such men the desperate and horrible thought has come that perhaps the whole of human life is but a bad joke, a violent and ill-fated abortion of the primal mother, a savage and dismal catastrophe of nature.

A wild longing for strong emotions and sensations seethes in me, a rage against this toneless, flat, normal and sterile life. I have a mad impulse to smash something, a warehouse perhaps, or a cathedral, or myself, to commit outrages...

But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission

I understood it all...I knew that all the hundred thousand pieces of life's game were in my pocket. A glimpse of its meaning had stirred my reason and I was determined to begin the game afresh. I would sample its tortures once more and shudder again at its senselessness. I would traverse not once more, but often, the hell of my inner being.

I am going to teach you to dance and play and smile, and still not be happy. And you are going to teach me to think and to know and yet not be happy. Do you know that we are both children of the Devil?

I am in truth the Steppenwolf that I often call myself; that beast astray that finds neither home nor joy nor nourishment in a world that is strange and incomprehensible to him.

~Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf

Crystos

It is true that every time my life was shattered in this way I had in the end gained something, some increase in liberty and in spiritual growth and depth, but with it went an increased loneliness, an increasing chill of severance and estrangement. Looked at with the bourgeois eye, my life had been a continous decent from one shattering to the next that left me more remote at every step from all that was normal, permissible and healthful.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Crystos take a short break from those Heinies bro

Crystos

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Crystos take a short break from those Heinies bro
    NEEVVVVVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are always a few such people who demand the utmost of life and yet cannot come to terms with its stupidity and crudeness.

Crystos

I had in my medicine chest an excellent means of stilling pain - an unusually strong tincture of laudanum....Once when despair had again got the better of me I swallowed a big dose of it - enough to kill six men, and yet it had not killed me.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Crystos View Post
    I had in my medicine chest an excellent means of stilling pain - an unusually strong tincture of laudanum....Once when despair had again got the better of me I swallowed a big dose of it - enough to kill six men, and yet it had not killed me.

Crystos

I don't even like Lil Wayne, except for some of his older Hot Boys shit

That song was fukkin hot though bro

I Feel Like Dying

Added to the repertoire

Thanks for posting

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Crystos View Post
    I don't even like Lil Wayne, except for some of his older Hot Boys shit

That song was fukkin hot though bro

I Feel Like Dying

Added to the repertoire

Thanks for posting

Crystos

...full of thoughts and the echoes of the music, my heart weighed down with sadness and the longing of despair for life and reality and sense and all that was irretrievably lost....

Crystos

Who read by night above the Rhine the cloudscript of the drifting mists? It was the Steppenwolf. And who over the ruins of his life pursued its fleeting, fluttering significance, while he suffered its seeming meaningless and lived its seeming madness, and who hoped in secret at the last turn in the labyrinth of Chaos for revelation and God's presence?

~Hermann Hesse , Steppenwolf

Crystos

“[He] belongs to those who have been caught between two ages, who are outside of all security and simple acquiescence. He belongs to those whose fate it is to live the whole riddle of human destiny heightened to the pitch of a personal torture, a personal hell.”

~Hermann Hesse , Steppenwolf