The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The Krakens Official CROSSFIT thread

Yesterday was day 1

It was a free workout, basically a free private session. Guy showed me the gym and went over some of their core lifts. I liked the gym and what he said. He then put me through a grueling 6 minute workout.

I did 32 pushups, 44 body weight squats and 25 ring rows

I was fukking gassed. Today I'm sore.

Tomorrow I go back for Day 2.

Can't wait to show you guys the before and after pictures.

He wanted me to eat Paleeo? Something like that. Need to look it up.

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

I know someone that's done/doing crossfit now. The Paleo diet is based on what cavemen ate, so you will be eating meats, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. That's it.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

what a puzzy....omg.

If u weren't such a big, fat slob it wouldn't have been "grueling"..LOL
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 07-31-13 at 09:39 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

You're gonna love it. Mrs. Kraken will too. I've been doing something similar (core, resistance, and interval training) for the past two months and can do things now I haven't been able to do since high school. Dropped two waist sizes and gained almost an inch on my arms. You won't lose much weight doing it since you'll be replacing fat with muscle. Looking forward to the pics. no homo.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Crossfit can snap your shit

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    He then put me through a grueling 6 minute workout.

I did 32 pushups, 44 body weight squats and 25 ring rows

32 push ups

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post

32 push ups
    99% of the population cannot do over 20 push-ups

The Kraken

Thanks for the info Dane. I read a little about it and basically it sounds like a mix between the Atkins diet and common sense eating. My diet is turrible so cleaning it up should help a lot.

Rifleman sitting at home on his computer trolling guys going to the gym

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Diet is actually a big part of staying fit. Just because someone works out a lot, doesn't mean they will be healthy. You have to work out and also eat healthy to be a healthy person. Not only will you look better after (no homo), but you'll probably feel a lot better about yourself too and happier.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Stick with it. Once you start half assing it you eventually stop. I spar or play hoops 4-5 days a week and do light weights and running 2 days a week. Sparring and the boxing workouts are the toughest on me but worth it.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave Grits n' Gravy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Boxing or MMA is the best cardio to do. You have to be very careful that you find a good crossfit instructor because most of them frankly suck. There whole WOD gimmick covers up for lack of knowledge of how to program exercises for individuals.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

when is the last time you even saw your little pee pee...you fat fuk

your wife is banging everyone she can because you're not adequate.....you slob

The Kraken

Thanks for popping in edawg. I think this guy is good. He's the owner and called his gym a gym not a box. First two weeks for all new members are spent in either private lessons with him or small classes with him going over correct form and portioned workouts. As there are no other new members right now that signed up, I get two weeks of private lessons and its no extra cost. So I feel if he cares enough to spend that much time one on one with a new member, then that's half the battle. He seems genuinely concerned that nobody gets an injury from incorrect form.

gravy, I used to box and BJJ and loved it! Great workouts but I got somewhat bored and wanted to try something different.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 08-01-13 at 12:26 AM.
    Points Awarded:

edawg gave The Kraken 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    when is the last time you even saw your little pee pee...you fat fuk

your wife is banging everyone she can because you're not adequate.....you slob

There's about 10 pics of me on here, I think it's safe to say Im not fat. Just softer than I used to be Rifleman. In 3 months lets meet up somewhere in Arlington and Ill kick your stupid ass all over the city.

CountNo_Account
    The Man, the Myth,the Legend, the Count
    CountNo_Account's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3779

Sparring is definitely one of the best workouts you can do...

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Thanks for popping in edawg. I think this guy is good. He's the owner and called his gym a gym not a box. First two weeks for all new members are spent in either private lessons with him or small classes with him going over correct form and portioned workouts. As there are no other new members right now that signed up, I get two weeks of private lessons and its no extra cost. So I feel if he cares enough to spend that much time one on one with a new member, then that's half the battle. He seems genuinely concerned that nobody gets an injury from incorrect form.

gravy, I used to box and BJJ and loved it! Great workouts but I got somewhat bored and wanted to try something different.
    Crossfit and correct form?

The Kraken

What's funny about that? Can nobody at crossfit do correct form? Are they all bound to your preconceived notions?

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

All the ridiculous things I've seen from the crossfit community, just remembering what I've seen is painful.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    I know someone that's done/doing crossfit now. The Paleo diet is based on what cavemen ate, so you will be eating meats, seafood, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. That's it.
    no bread?

The Kraken

Day 2

Went in feeling badly so he took it easy on me today. We just continued going over correct form on different lifts. I find it amusing Gonzo laughed at my comment about correct form and this guy is spending so much time up front teaching about it. And everyone in his gym goes through it. Maybe it's different other places.

Went over front squats, push presses, core workouts, box jumps and neck stretches. Day 3 will be Monday.

he said we'll talk more about paleo diet in a few weeks but for now cut out cokes.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    no bread?
    That only applies to Robyn

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Not against working out AT ALL...but I find it funny how many people-pay to join 5k's ect...the color run, electric run, tough mudder, ect...people selling 3,000 25$ tickets LOL...to a race....but wait....well give you 2 BEERS...yes BEER were badass.... LOL.....

PaperTrail07

I agree....I'd say 99% of people over 25.......Shit I thought I was in decent shape and could only do like 35.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Good Luck Kraken.

Never let others put you down for trying to improve yourself!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Sounds like you got one of the few good ones Kraken. BTW if you like to drink a coke the best time is right after your workout.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    All the ridiculous things I've seen from the crossfit community, just remembering what I've seen is painful.
    No sex

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck kraken. Not a crossfit person myself, mainly because I it's too expensive (I do boxing instead) and would worry about getting a trainer who wasn't qualified to teach proper form, but have heard mixed reviews. Some swear by it, others don't. Hopefully it works out for ya.

And absolutely right about eating - abs are made in the kitchen. Paleo diet is great, I've been trying it (do have a cheat day once a week) and really enjoy it. To be honest take out cokes, bread, and fake sugar and you will be shocked at the difference. Try to drink lots of water throughout the day as well. The diet part gets easier as you go.

Good luck.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Kraken, check out Marksdailyapple for all your paleo questions. It's basically just a diet based on whole, unadulterated, food. Everyone compares it to atkins and other low carb stuff, but it's not. Definitive guide to primal eating will pretty much sum it all up for you.

I've been doing this for almost two years now and it definitely helps a ton with regards to weight loss & looks as well as recovery times and fitness goals. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss / have any questions

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

It's addicting once you really get into it pal! Good luck on your WODS and remember - if you do pass out make sure someone records your damn time!

The Kraken

Thanks guys! It's encouraging to hear from other guys that have done crossfit and are supportive.

i checked out those links Hoosier and they seem like they're loaded with useful info. thanks for those

Today was Day 3. So far the common denominator is that I leave nauseated at the end of every class. Not sure if the timing of my breakfast is too close to working or maybe it's what Im eating. Or maybe Im just so out of shape it's sickening. Probably the latter. I remember back in HS the first week of wrestling was the same. Guys would be piling all week (myself included) but it got better. Hopefully this is the same.

So today we worked a lot of pull ups and ring dips. I could do the dips ok but I could only do one pull up so I had to use a band for the rest. We also worked on split jerks (?) Where I'd have a barbell and then jump and split my feet, one foot in front of the other. It's hard putting all the movements together for those. But we kept it light so it wasn't bad.

Wednesday is day 4.

Overall I can't emphasize enough how happy I am this guy takes the first two weeks and gods over the basics. Not only is it helpi g with form but Im also getting to know him and somebody the other regulars in the process and its a little less intimidating.

The Kraken

Day 4

Today was by far the easiest. For the first time I didn't want to puke after class. We did more lightweight cardio than anything. Did some jump ropes and double unders. Kettlebell swings, rowing and situps. THe hardest part was the 3 sets of 10 situps. Fukking brutal.

Tomorrow is day 5.

Only 2 days left before I get to take the training wheels off

PaperTrail07

...dont give up!
    Nomination(s):

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    I assume your referring to the American population??

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

hmm i think i might start doing cross fit too

PaperTrail07

No...All......Europeans are so skinny most have almost no fat....but almost no muscle either...
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowNsteady View Post
    I assume your referring to the American population??

12 Last