sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

So I bought some corn on the cob the other day......

On the label: It's packaged for the Metro chain of grocery stores in Ontario and Quebec. The corn originates from Rouge River Farms in Gormley, Ontario.......BUT it's a product of the USA. Huh?

Let me get this straight. The corn is sent to the United States from the Ontario farm. The Americans shuck and package the corn then send it back to Canada to be sold. Eh? I know Canada has very efficient packaging methods and surely we don't need foreign assistance to get it shucked. Wouldn't that be like cutting down apple trees and shipping them to Mexico, with the Mexicans picking the sellable apples off the trees and shipping them back to Canada?

Help me out here. I know nothing about farming, is this farm politics at play? Does Fishhead still post here? He is said to have lived many a year in the cornfields.

The SBR glass in the pic is for authentification. This is real shit here.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

The head office is Gormley, but they have farms in Ontario, Georgia & Florida.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Maybe it's a USA company operating in Canada ......maybe?

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

NAFTA - North American Free Trade Agreement

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3292

find a local farmers market. or go to the source. it's fresher and tastes better.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sickler producers trying to beat the new CFIA packaging regulations. Cheaper than retooling. Send it down the road.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Grow your own

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

One world economy.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Sickie!!!

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Corn is said to be one of the worst foods to eat besides strawberries
    They spray so much pesticides that the workers wear full body suits
    as its absorbed through the soil and into the plant itself you cant wash it off
    and I love corn

corn syrup is also the worst food additive out there

Spanks
    me pee pee
    Spanks's Avatar Become A Pro!

"There’s a bigger story. I agree that I won’t stop eating corn and that there are potential problems with just about everything, but I also have been able to see the way corn is farmed now. It’s scary. The farmer that takes hay from us in PA also farms corn in nearby farms. They no longer plow or rotate crops. They harvest the corn in the fall, then mow down the stalks to a foot high. They inject the soil with nitrogen and other chemicals. The fields sit like that, skeletonized, all winter. In the spring they inject new corn seed and do it again. Nothing else will grow in the fields; no weeds, no wild grasses, nothing.
    The issue is bigger than how we eat corn, or if we choose to."

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanks View Post
    "There’s a bigger story. I agree that I won’t stop eating corn and that there are potential problems with just about everything, but I also have been able to see the way corn is farmed now. It’s scary. The farmer that takes hay from us in PA also farms corn in nearby farms. They no longer plow or rotate crops. They harvest the corn in the fall, then mow down the stalks to a foot high. They inject the soil with nitrogen and other chemicals. The fields sit like that, skeletonized, all winter. In the spring they inject new corn seed and do it again. Nothing else will grow in the fields; no weeds, no wild grasses, nothing.
    The issue is bigger than how we eat corn, or if we choose to."
    You can thank Monsanto and Obama as a corporate team introducing the Monsanto Protection act into law for that Franken cancerous fukk corn........

Simpler words:

A license to kill with no criminal repercussion whatsoever........

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

To tell you the truth, if you only purchase imported produce, you are most likely not going to buy Monsanto produce for the fact the US is the only country where Monsanto can run rampantly wild with no limitations.......

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

90%+ of corn in the US is GMO. I wouldn't eat it.

Lot of the K-Pop stars are not allowed to eat corn during their training and performing days. They feel it does some damage to your waistline, and also you skin.