hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Has Anyone Had Damaged Cartilage In The Knee?

how did it go?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

got it right now. havent done anything about it.

hotelis

i suppose it doesnt make your life difficult. as for me, i can not get up from a chair without severe pain for a 1,5 years now. spent 2000$ on doctors, had arthroscopy etc. greedy motherfuks. fml.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

u are a very good cash cow for the medical industry. Nothing more to it, its rather great for them to keep you unhealthy.

hotelis

its not like theyre "keeping me unhealthy". thing is, damaged cartilage is almost impossible to repair. its just that no one is really telling me that, always some "procedure" and "come back after a week" shit. as for the 1000$ surgery, im giving my doctor a call tomorrow morning.
    just wanted to know if anyone has had similar injury and is there a hope for a guy who wishes to play basketball at high level. future looks gloom.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Tore my meniscus and some other cartilage in a football game. Meniscus was more of a big deal, they just cut out the piece of torn cartilage. I can still play football and basketball, but it does ache and swell afterwards

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Depends on the tear (anterior or medial) and severity. Depends on the pain factor and limitations on the articulation.

Realistically speaking if there is a severe tear you do need surgery, but unless you have millions you won't be able to compete at high levels.

Again, with limited information I'd recommend looking into Synvisc (if there's any bone on bone contact, which may account for the pain) and a custom made knee brace is a good idea to reduce further damage on what is likely a very unstable joint.

God bless.

SharpBoxing
    SharpBoxing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5521

I damaged my knee cartilage about 1 year ago. Its a 4th grade damage.

Havent done anything about it yet.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    Tore my meniscus and some other cartilage in a football game. Meniscus was more of a big deal, they just cut out the piece of torn cartilage. I can still play football and basketball, but it does ache and swell afterwards
    Same thing here.
    It depends, sometimes I'm totally fine after playing, sometimes it hurts like a motherfukker. Not much you can do about it, got used to it.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

It's normal

No big deal