SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

everyone lives in there own little world i think

so how do we know if the reality we live in is true or not?

a few days ago I was hanging out with some people i met for the first time and we were talking, at some point we started arguing, they were trying to convince me that the country we live in (which i wont mention) was not a racist country and that people were accepting of other races, there was one guy that was really passionate about it and was going as far as insulting me for not agreeing with his opinion

anyway the next day I overheard him talking about a former soccer player for one of the local teams, obviously the player was black. so when the subject of salary came up, this guy says that the team was paying him in 'bananas and apples' and then proceeded to make apelike gestures and sounds. I confronted him about it and he was infuriated that I would 'misconstrue' his statements and actions as racist and again went on to insult me for believing he was racist and even gave me the ageless racist defense 'I cant be racist, i've dated a black girl'

am I going nuts here? I felt like i was getting a racism is a myth speech from a hitler youth

granted its not like he went out and stoned a black guy but if he was so comfortable making those gestures and remarks in front of other people I cant imagine what goes on in his private thoughts or actions

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

you learn something new everyday. be grateful to have witnessed the guy for being the idiot that he is, and appreciate the knowledge that you just gained from his actions. that is wisdom you just posted on, (about other people's reality). welcome to the REAL real world.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    am I going nuts here?
    You're a useful idiot.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

First time i ever did mushrooms i was 17 it was one of the best and worst experiences of my life, i know what you're going through sportsshroom

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

everybody is a racist and it is a two way street