TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What's The Best High Speed, Consistent, High Quality Internet Router You Recommend?

There are so many to choose from. I don't care about price... I care about quality, speed, etc. I'm revamping my entire home...

The areas I'm concerned about. My current router is a Cisco 2.5 year old POS. Since I had that mother effer... periodically... (which is almost every day) I have to reset the damn router by unplugging it so my laptop can pick up the signal. Someone told me that most routers do that... but with our newest technology... I find it hard to believe that all routers will be this way forever? I'm tired of resetting my router everyday.

What router models are in your homes? Are you satisfied? Thanks.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

What kind of modem do you have? What is your current speed?

I just got a Cisco Linksys E900 and it seems to work great despite being inexpensive.

TheMoneyShot

My current speed is just a normal typical Cable speed. But I'm going to upgrade soon for Gaming, downloading movies... etc. What speed do you recommend? I use the Motorola Surfboard 5150 I think? It's not in front of me right now. But I know I need to upgrade that modem too.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Linksys is the best. Never had a problem with any Linksys router.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    My current speed is just a normal typical Cable speed. But I'm going to upgrade soon for Gaming, downloading movies... etc. What speed do you recommend? I use the Motorola Surfboard 5150 I think? It's not in front of me right now. But I know I need to upgrade that modem too.
    The speed is in the modem. You normally have to call it in to your cable company to get the performance out of it. It can mean the difference between 5MBPS and 20+MBPS

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Linksys is the best. Never had a problem with any Linksys router.
    Linksys is manufactured by Cisco. I apparently have a POS Linksys then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

The speed is in the modem. You normally have to call it in to your cable company to get the performance out of it. It can mean the difference between 5MBPS and 20+MBPS
    Thanks Kermit... I understand that. But is it worth the price? Like upgrading the speed... based upon value? Have you tried higher speeds? Is it worth it to you? Like... I heard the Motorola Surfboard 6121 was a pretty good modem for Comcast's BLAST SPEED?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

what a nerd thread

TheMoneyShot

come on seaweed. Spill the beans if you know.

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

also had trouble with linksys. connection lost every 5 minutes on laptop.

got a d-link. works great.

as far as speed, wireless n-routers have max speeds way faster than what people get from their isp.