TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Door To Door Soliciting - Does It Aggravate You?

I don't know boys. It's picked up in my neighborhood. I get Roofing owners at my door... Jehovah's witness at my door. Had an idiot selling those "Save $1000 coupon book" for only $30.00 (f'ing ridiculous). How do you prevent this from happening? I'm sick of people ringing my doorbell for useless BS. I went off on someone the other day because the sh#$ just builds and builds from other idiots. I said look pal... how would you like it if I knocked on your door and asked you to buy some meaningless piece of crap after a long hard day from work? HUH!!!!?!?!!? Would you like it??? I said... get the F off of my property.

I thought about posting a sign at my front door... but what would it do? It's unreal. 90% of the time my doorbell rings from soliciting and not family. That's just plain absurd.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Sadly the "NO Soliciting" sign doesn't seem to work or I guess they think everyone else but them.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

From what I understand from a salesman friend of mine, he says if you have a no soliciting sign out,
    they aren't allowed to ring the bell or knock. They can leave a door hanger or a card in your screen door.

They also have to get a permit from your township before soliciting. They are to wear the permit around
    their neck. If they don't have one, you can call the cops on their ass.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Sign doesn't work

Answer your door nude

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I can't believe I beat Kermit to the punch

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum