JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Best electrical razor machine for face? (help me)

Lately the razor blades using shaving cream have given me nicks and cuts. I need help.
    Anyone ever have the same problem???

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

I usually just use the regular disposable razors with shaving cream. No problems for me, just make sure to use a new one every once in awhile. I have some electric shavers but for me, they didn't seem to do as good of a job.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

J - don't buy electric bro... it doesn't give you a close shave. Waste of money. Look for Gillette Fusion Power Cartridges on ebay. There's always some dude selling em for 60% off retail. Naturally u will need the Gillette Fusion Razor. Buy that at walmart.

Comes in Orange casing.

TheMoneyShot

I still use disposables for under my nose. That big 4 blade fusion can't cut properly. just below the nose.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1710

Spend the money Amd get the Gillette fusion blades, lol. Won't appen with the good ones. 5 blade in each razor.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Spend the money Amd get the Gillette fusion blades, lol. Won't appen with the good ones. 5 blade in each razor.
    It is 5 blades... lol my bad.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It is 5 blades... lol my bad.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

i actually use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream, anyone else do this too?

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    i actually use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream, anyone else do this too?
    I have done this in a bind, but the chemicals in the conditioner are not ideal for your face, especially if you get a cut or a really close shave...Ive been using bar soap for about 6 years now and my face seems to like it...sometimes it can dry your skin depending on the weather, then Ill use a little lotion mid-day(not right after shave because it can irritate if you get a cut or really close shave)

juuso
    juuso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Those higher end Brauns and Phillips' are pretty good, but i also prefer razors.

Old-school safety razor is where's it at for cheap and smooth shaving. There's small learning curve at first, and shaving takes a little longer, but with a some practice you'll get better shaves and less irritation than Mach3 or Fusion.

I use Edwin Jagger Barley DE89BA11 razor and have several different good blades. Current favorite is Japanese Feather blades. Good beard soap and badger is nice to have for rich lather as well, but one can use canned shaving cream or regular soap too, just what you'd use with disposables.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

I use disposables too. I think I get a better shave with 2 blades disposables rather then those 4-5 blade ones. I get more cuts and burns with 4-5 blades.

And MoneyShot, I appreciate your posts. Feels like a commercial, lol.

Any way to stop my facial hair from growing so fast? It starts growing at the end of the night.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Lately the razor blades using shaving cream have given me nicks and cuts. I need help.
    Anyone ever have the same problem???
    use a pre-shave lotion on face to reduce irritation/etc

shave after a hot shower / get your face in the hot water

if using more expensive brand like pro glide razors, after a shave... rinse them off good and dab on a towel to dry and then dip razor into rubbing alcohol which will dry the razor faster than water and lengthen the life you can get out of each razor before needing to replace.

do not listen to the BS on the product that says replace razor every 2 weeks... total BS to get you to buy their over-priced product more often than you really need to
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 07-14-13 at 04:13 PM.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I use an electric razor with the 3-rotating heads, think it's Phillips. It does a good enough job for most times; if I need a perfect shave I use a Mach 3 with foam after the electric razor.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

electric blows unless you shave constantly

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

if using more expensive brand like pro glide razors, after a shave... rinse them off good and dab on a towel to dry and then dip razor into rubbing alcohol which will dry the razor faster than water and lengthen the life you can get out of each razor before needing to replace.

do not listen to the BS on the product that says replace razor every 2 weeks... total BS to get you to buy their over-priced product more often than you really need to
    Yeah, I take hot shavers and put a hot towel over my face to open my pores and get a cleaner shave

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I haven't found an electric razor yet that worked as well as blades. I too have finally settled on disposables.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Electric Razors destroyed my face, when I was younger I had basically no marks on my face. I then starting using electric razors and basically scarred me up. There were days literally my face had so may red scars and could not go out. I had to use ice all fukkin day to calm down the stinging. I blame razors for fukkin my face up. Has anyone ever had razor burns on their fukkin neck???????? BRUTAL!!! I would go with razors and shaving cream. I use it all over my body now and works better, some cuts but not bad. I shaved my eyebrows 3 weeks ago and looked ok and no cuts, warm water and shaving cream.

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Used an electric my whole life. The Remington types will mess you up and not do a very good job. I have been on the Norelco rotating head wireless for a couple of years now and think it's fantastic.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

I will never use an electric... haven't yet.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

nivea pre shave scrub, love that ish
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

Straight blade