TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

It's a crazy, dangerous world and you should always be armed

with a weapon of some kind to use for self-defense. you NEVER know when evil will strike...that being said, this is a crazy azz story, and doesn't necessarily fall into self-defense one way or another, but it's extremely bizarre.

People are just insane. You never know what they are thinking, even if you think you do.

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/54702...ed-decapitated

An amateur soccer match turned outright barbaric, leading to the deaths of a match referee and player in northeastern Brazil.

According to multiple reports from Maranhão, match referee Octavio da Silva Catanhede Jordan allegedly stabbed Josenir dos Santos Abreu to death after an argument with the player during a game on June 30.

The 20-year-old referee reportedly had a knife with him at the match and attacked Santos Abreu. The 31-year-old footballer was pronounced dead on arrival by a local hospital.

What subsequently happened was more appalling.

After witnessing the horrific attack, family and friends of the player reportedly invaded the pitch to lynch the referee, who was gruesomely quartered and decapitated by the mob, which later hung his head on a stake.

In an official statement, Valter Costa, police chief of Santa Ines in Maranhão, confirmed the ongoing investigation and assured the public that suspects were being questioned.

“Reports of witnesses have indicated some people that were in place at the time of the fact. We will identify and hold accountable all those involved. A crime will never justify another. Actions like this do not collaborate with the legality of a state law.”

CountNo_Account
    The Man, the Myth,the Legend, the Count
    CountNo_Account's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3779

bodes well for 2016...

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 10-09-15 at 03:55 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

A story where a ref stabs a player isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for your cause.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

It was a bloody match and someone wanted to get ahead.

By the way ...
    What a non athletic "sport"

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post

By the way ...
    really? a sport were players need to run and jump nonstop for 2 hours is non athletic?

how about baseball? were players just stand in place for 3 hours?

how about american football? were players take short sprints inbetween huge breaks

basketball? most players again play for short periods of time and spend more time on the bench than on the court

soccer players are the most athletic out of any sport

especially american sports were players rest for three hours and take occasional breaks in order to play the game

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    really? a sport were players need to run and jump nonstop for 2 hours is non athletic?

how about baseball? were players just stand in place for 3 hours?

how about american football? were players take short sprints inbetween huge breaks

basketball? most players again play for short periods of time and spend more time on the bench than on the court

soccer players are the most athletic out of any sport

especially american sports were players rest for three hours and take occasional breaks in order to play the game
    Don't mind LGR - he doesn't know much about sports.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Rangers View Post

By the way ...

you know I don't even know what this means, if it pertains to soccer I haven't much of a clue about the sport. I played baskets not soccer. but what I do know about the sport is you must be in pretty good shape.

however this is what you bitch about, you are such a sorry ass loon, this is the best you can do? I will answer that, yes it is the best. Again your attacks are so elementary and so nonsensical. guys and gals just check out how this loon engages he is laughing at a soccer ball. and btw you accuse me of stalking. your inferiority complex is showing loon. you are unable to find something credible to criticize. well don't feel too bad when the rifle (man of no honor) doesn't know how to compete he calls me a pedophile, I have often asked him if he reported me yet, no response. Have your reported me to the ( non athletic "sport") committee? The irony of this is I would more than likely kick your ass in any sport because I was a jock, I can almost guarantee you were not. Why because I received some acclaim in my life so I don't need to do it via a gambling site forum. Now you and rifle, you guys do need that recognition even if though most of the time the majority are LAUGHING AT BOTH OF YOU.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

this asshole (the loon) accuses me of stalking, isn't that hilarious? I must be really getting on those two brain cells you possess mr loon. You can't wait to find a post or thread I authored can you? Please believe me I do not search out your bs, I just happen to come across it once in a while and respond even less than that. But you, you mr loon live on this site. Gosh you are a pathetic soul, how you wish I would comment positively about one of your posts. Now tell me loon how can I do that? You call yourself a moderate but align with the craziest person on the forum almost always. How can I give you any credit? I would love to, hey I remember once I told you that your IQ is probably a couple points ahead of rifle. That was a complement? Right?

Poor loon, poor sad loon.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

if the world is that scary for you, maybe you should shoot yourself and move on.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you are paranoid, can't mind your own fukkin business or handle your own fukkin business, are prone to causing problems you can't solve and think the whole fukkin world is out to get you; then I guess you should arm yourself.

Chances are good that with the above mentioned skill set the only one you are gonna hurt is yourself anyway.

It would appear that would definitely profile the OP and most of his like minded associates here. Little men need to feel big in any way they can.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Think people should legally be allowed to arm themselves anywhere. If you live in a bad neighborhood where 5 year olds are shot at, how can you not be armed?

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Think people should legally be allowed to arm themselves anywhere. If you live in a bad neighborhood where 5 year olds are shot at, how can you not be armed?
    How about move to another neighborhood?

jayfly
    jayfly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10713

he was armed, how did that work out for him