PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

People, thousands of websites to protest spying on July 4th!

Along with online campaigns, more than 75 cities across the U.S.
    will hold live protests against the NSA spying program.

Thousands of websites are planning to take part in a July 4 protest against U.S. National Security Agency spying program while live protests will be held across the nation on the Independence Day.

Reddit, Wordpress, 4chan, and Mozilla are among the websites that have decided to participate in “Restore the Fourth” campaign, which aims at restoring the fundamentals of the Fourth Amendment of the Bill of Rights. The amendment protects citizens against unlawful searches and seizures, according to RT.

Participants will carry banners reading “This 4th of July, we stand by the 4th Amendment and against the U.S. government’s surveillance of internet users.”

The rally is mostly organized by nonprofit advocacy group Fight for the Future, and supported by freedom advocacy organizations like Mozilla, Free Press, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the Freedom of the Press Foundation, and ColorOfChange.org.

“The NSA programs that have been exposed are blatantly unconstitutional, and have a detrimental effect on free speech and freedom of press worldwide," said Tiffiniy Cheng, Fight for the Future’s co-founder, in a statement.

This is going to be Fight for the Future’s largest online mobilization since its actions aimed to fight Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA).

Live protests will also be held in more than 75 cities in the United States including New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, and Atlanta. A member of Restore the Fourth’s national board predicts between 10,000 to 20,000 to show up for the protests across the country, according to the Huffington Post .

Internet Defense League is another major organizer of Restore the Fourth. The group has 30,000 Internet activist members.

StopWatching.us has collected more than 540,000 signatures from people demanding Congress to fully disclose the details of NSA’s surveillance programs.

Edward Snowden’s release of classified NSA spying documents on Internet and telephone communication surveillance has angered American people.

Meanwhile, a petition demanding the Obama administration pardon Snowden has mustered over 126,000 digital signatures, way above the threshold where the White House should issue a response, as the whistleblower is stuck in a transit area in Moscow after his passport was annulled by Washington.

AN/DT

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

And nothing will happen

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

You want to live in a free country free of spying, go live in Canada. You want to live in the most advanced nation, most dominant empire this galaxy has ever known, then shut your pie hole and be thankful for the blessings of safety. Where in other free countries their safety is nothing more than an illusion because at any second we could snatch it from their comfortable lives. What can they do to us? Throw a beaver across the border? Hit us with snowballs as we arm our missiles? Know what you're talking about before you open your ignorant mouth
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SamDiamond, and No coincidences

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Fukk Edward Snowden right up his treasonous ass.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Problem is the majority are just jerkoffs with nothing better to do with their time. Lost in the world just looking for a purpose/group to be apart of. Looking for an identity. Most are retarded gorilla gened fuks who are unemployed kids around my age who contribute nothing to society. I'd say 95% of the people protesting are jerkoffs minimum. 82% probably don't have jobs. Just pawns lost in this dimension nothing to see here. And thats not to say this country is perfect but lets get to the facts here most people are fuking idiots. Can you tell i'm not a people person?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Problem is the majority are just jerkoffs with nothing better to do with their time. Lost in the world just looking for a purpose/group to be apart of. Looking for an identity. Most are retarded gorilla gened fuks who are unemployed kids around my age who contribute nothing to society. I'd say 95% of the people protesting are jerkoffs minimum. 82% probably don't have jobs. Just pawns lost in this dimension nothing to see here. And thats not to say this country is perfect but lets get to the facts here most people are fuking idiots. Can you tell i'm not a people person?
    Top notch post here, Patty!!

Very proud of you, young man.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cool. I think it's futile though. There's only one way to get things done.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

What is that Mikail? I'm anxiously awaiting your answer?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    You want to live in a free country free of spying, go live in Canada. You want to live in the most advanced nation, most dominant empire this galaxy has ever known, then shut your pie hole and be thankful for the blessings of safety. Where in other free countries their safety is nothing more than an illusion because at any second we could snatch it from their comfortable lives. What can they do to us? Throw a beaver across the border? Hit us with snowballs as we arm our missiles? Know what you're talking about before you open your ignorant mouth
    You have to excuse PP -- he doesn't get out often (or ever).

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    And thanks to the Internet, they're given a "voice" and think their thoughts need to be shared with the world through message boards, blogs and other sites that make them feel like they're doing something other than banging their heads against the wall in a padded room -- or their parents' basement. All the while, we're laughing at them the way we've always laughed at them in "normal" social settings.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    What is that Mikail? I'm anxiously awaiting your answer?
    Use your noggin. Your a smart guy. Figure it out.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Privacy, want it or don't. Don't settle for the grey area.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

PAULY, SHUT YOUR FUKKING STUPID DUMBFUKK MOUTH!!!

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Freedom's biggest PR problem in the last couple decades has been that many of its vocal advocates are the "less-than-mentally-impressive" crowd like pauly. Don't get me wrong, copying and pasting shit non-stop on a sports forum is a pretty good sign of idiocy and idiots aren't often right...but it's frustrating to the reasonable people to see the general public dismiss the whole concept of government tyranny as hogwash because a bunch of idiots get behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    Would be nice if this wasn't true, but you're probably right...people aren't starting to care fast enough, too many people spout the same old nonsense ("this is the USA, if you don't like it get out!" etc etc) without pausing to consider that there just might be a problem when we can't balance a budget or stop killing innocent people and creating our own enemies regardless of who gets elected. Many of these protesters might be unemployed kids with nothing better to do and just looking for a reason to feel righteous....but that doesn't make them wrong

theclutch7
    theclutch7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

too late, when they get caught. it already hasppenend

PAULYPOKER

Bush morphing into Obama

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    The Mooooselim way. Strap a bomb to a child and tell them to run into a crowd.

The oh-so-brave Mooslims.

Avus
    Avus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haven't all these big sites come together in the past to protest other things?

PAULYPOKER

Americans rally to protest NSA spying programs

"Restore the Fourth" protesters in San Francisco on Thursday
    call for an end to government surveillance programs.

Thousands of people have taken to the streets in nearly 100 cities across the US to protest against the government’s surveillance programs recently disclosed by fugitive intelligence leaker Edward Snowden.

In early June, he revealed to the Britain’s Guardian that the NSA, the US largest intelligence organization, collects data of phone records and internet communication of all Americans.

30-year-old Snowden, a former contractor at the National Security Agency (NSA), has holed up in the transit area of Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport since arriving on a flight from Hong Kong on June 23. He is wanted in the U.S. on espionage charges.

On Thursday, a national holiday commemorating the anniversary of the Independence Day in the US, demonstrations were held in New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago and Los Angeles and many other cities.

Protesters also gathered near the NSA’s $1.5 billion data center in Utah. The facility is due to open later in the year.

"Legalize the U.S. Constitution" and "I refuse to sacrifice my liberty for security," protesters in San Francisco said.

The protest action called “Restore the Fourth” says the government’s spying on American citizens is in violation of the Fourth Amendment of the Constitution which protects Americans from unlawful search and seizure.

Our demands are very simple: We think these programs which violate the constitutional rights of Americans need to end,” said Ben Doernberg, an organizer of the New York City protest.

US officials, including President Barack Obama, have defended the surveillance programs.

MA/MA