LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

How is shit like this legal? Hidden hotel fees...

I'm sure that bourgeoisie like Opie see this as capitalism at its finest but if you can get away with charging three times the advertised price for a room why not just list it for 99 cents and include everything else as fees?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

If you were able to circle and post it, how HIDDEN cat it really be?

It is pretty ludicrous though that the "additional fee" is more than the fee.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I assume you don't see those fees until after you paid?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

it is for the wifi and workout room /pool and stuff is more than that at almost every Vegas hotel. Rio is $18 a night for example

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Typical bullshit, try and milk every last fukking cent out of a paying customer. Consumer is getting pushed by everything. At this point, the individual is better off making themselves a corp. just so they can protect themselves from the never ending greed.

It's sick. Truly taxation without representation, especially in these days. I highly doubt these resort fee's have added anything beneficial to the actual customer experience.

Hell, now every shit-stain is charging "resort" fees, regardless if they're a motel or accept hourly customers.

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    If you were able to circle and post it, how HIDDEN cat it really be?

It is pretty ludicrous though that the "additional fee" is more than the fee.
    While I'll give you it isn't hidden (after clicking through several pages away from the advertised price) it still brings into question what the limits are for advertising... Airlines are required to list all non-optional fees and taxes in their advertised price so why are hotels allowed to get away with it?

My biggest issue (besides the unethical nature of it) is that it makes comparison shopping for hotels a huge pain in the ass as I've now got to go through multiple confirmation pages at multiple sites to reach a point where you know what the true cost is.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Resort fees pretty standard in Vegas. Good list here:

http://www.lasvegasdirect.com/las-ve...sort-fees.html

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Ya I'm not sure when they started this stupid resort fee but its bullshit. Went to Vegas a few months ago and stayed at treasure island. Their resort fee was $23/night. So you think you're getting a deal but add $69 for 3 nights.

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    it is for the wifi and workout room /pool and stuff is more than that at almost every Vegas hotel. Rio is $18 a night for example
    They waive it if you even give them a tiny bit of play. I only play poker no pits and my tier score is high enough to get 5 days free no resort fee anytime i want as many times as i want per year.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Yeah, but to be fair Herbie......

Aren't you able to make those hidden costs up with the amount of food you're able to eat simply stealing all the leftovers off of other guests room service trays left outside of their doors?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: emoney

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by UntilTheNDofTimE View Post
    They waive it if you even give them a tiny bit of play. I only play poker no pits and my tier score is high enough to get 5 days free no resort fee anytime i want as many times as i want per year.
    If you have platinum card or higher the Caesar's properties will waive it... I just booked a couple "comped" nights through them and still have to pay the resort fees because I have their base card.

Fairly ironic since last year they were flaunting in their advertising they were the last properties not to have resort fees on the strip (then claimed that they added them because their customers asked for them)

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Most people don't have to pay the resort fees. You don't have to pay resort fees if your rooms are comped.

Also, with almost any play at all, you will get the resort fees comped when you leave if you ask a VIP host

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Yeah, but to be fair Herbie......

Aren't you able to make those hidden costs up with the amount of food you're able to eat simply stealing all the leftovers off of other guests room service trays left outside of their doors?
    Opie trust me resorts fees or not when staying at places like the Palace Station there are no room service trays with untarnished food for me to pick over... Much more of a realistic possibility with offers like the one below which I'm going to be using next week...

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Just wait till you get charged $5 for silverware charge with room service, more than one place in vegas charges for this, unreal

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

buy one of those corp discount cards, i dont know the exact cost but it was like $200 then $30/month. you save 10% on your cell phone bill every month and get tons of free perks and discounts just on regular everyday items, grocery store, target, movie tix and stuff like that. they send you gift cards every month. but the hotel discounts are huge, it is actually costing you more not to have one lol

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Resort fees now? Wow. What if you don't even use the Internet/Wi-Fi? How can they charge you for something you aren't going to use?

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Resort fees now? Wow. What if you don't even use the Internet/Wi-Fi? How can they charge you for something you aren't going to use?
    Resort fee is for the amenities the resort offers. Pool access, Rio has launder services, gym, etc....

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    While I'll give you it isn't hidden (after clicking through several pages away from the advertised price) it still brings into question what the limits are for advertising... Airlines are required to list all non-optional fees and taxes in their advertised price so why are hotels allowed to get away with it?

My biggest issue (besides the unethical nature of it) is that it makes comparison shopping for hotels a huge pain in the ass as I've now got to go through multiple confirmation pages at multiple sites to reach a point where you know what the true cost is.
    so airlines openly disclose luggage fees?

all these shitty fees are a fact of life....theyre everywhere....even when you order a fukkin pizza delivered to your house

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Hidden? It's idiots like this that complain about ticketmaster or stubhub fees. The cost of everything is just the total cost.

Would you rather stay in a hotel for $99/night + 12.50 fees or 111.49/night. It's not that difficult, quit your bitching.

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    so airlines openly disclose luggage fees?

all these shitty fees are a fact of life....theyre everywhere....even when you order a fukkin pizza delivered to your house
    You understand right, as was specified in my above post you quoted, that there is a difference between optional and non-optional fees? I can order a pizza online or fly without paying either of the fees you described...

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I like when they put bottles of water in your room and then charge you $6 if you drink one. Fukking bastards.

LVHerbie

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    Hidden? It's idiots like this that complain about ticketmaster or stubhub fees. The cost of everything is just the total cost.

Would you rather stay in a hotel for $99/night + 12.50 fees or 111.49/night. It's not that difficult, quit your bitching.
    Slight difference between a $12.5 fee on a $100 room (good luck finding that in Vegas unless you choose to stay at a dump "resort", like the Palace Station, that has to hide 65% of their non-peak time cost in fees to achieve sustainability) over the example I cited...

But feel free to check back in if you feel the less idiotic comparison of a hotel advertising $99 rooms ending up being $300 a few clicks later is an appropriate way to highlight value over your competitors.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I have RFB @ Mandalay Bay and those fees are waived.

Any kind of play gets these type charges eliminated by a front desk call to the floor as long as you are being rated and you aren't a deadbeat player

Iw1nBets
    Ray Rice Is My Nekka
    Iw1nBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

The best is when I tell overnight guests at Red Roof Inn that I'll give them a free upgrade if they pay cash, then I pocket the difference to buy a few grams so I can spark up while I'm chillin' with my neckas up in the Fly Me thread.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

What was the first hotel in Vegas to start this chain of garbage?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I understand most of the gripes in here are about Vegas. This is beyond Vegas, because at least even the shit Excaliber is at least a legit "resort".

The problem is going to a shit ass Hampton Inn out in bumble fukk, and getting resort fee charges because they offer a paper and sometimes wifi for the extra 30 a night.

Stayed at the Ritz in Tucson during the accenture a few months back, shit is $40 a night in resort fee's alone, and the wifi isn't even included. Yes, that is a pompous ass resort, but it is still unethical gouging.

We live in a world where Usury is the norm. It fukkin' sucks. This fukkin' sucks. And since I cannot offer a valid solution, I am just being a whiny bitch, but it pisses me off to no end.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

somehow I got away with drinking a gatorade at the Rio free of charge

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I hate resort fees. Just spent three nights at the South Point. Got their "summer special" $49/night rate only to find out when I was checking in that there was a mandatory $14/night "resort fee" for wifi and to use the pool. I'd much rather they just charged $63/night for the room.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Mandatory fees=false advertising and a scam

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

The rich guys complaining about resort fees at Huge Strip Hotels, while some of us have to come up with $40 weekly just make sure we actually get linnens & towels in our room.

Yeah, it false advertizing. Yeah it's intentional. Yeah it's corrupt but, I guess the bottom line is if you can't figure out how to build it into the overall price & fit it into your budget you gotta go stay somewhere cheaper.
    Hotel Suites of America & The Americana are both 3 minutes from the strip & charge $149 a week, with no resort fee, no hidden fees, no manditory fees, just be sure to have an extra $40 on you if you want to have sheets on your bed.
    I don't need them, I sleep on the couch.

Actually now that I am thinking of it, the Americana doesn't even have linnen service. You need to buy your own towels & sheets.
    Good to hear from you again on here Herbie. If rooms are compted I see your point. Free should be free & with the exception of the wynn, Bellagio & Maybe Caesars I would gladly pay a daily resort fee to stay at those places. As long as the resort fee itself wasn't greater than what it would cost me to stay 3 minutes off the strip.

You never told me how you faired out in the tournament in Henderson.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

People think just because you complain about price your being cheap. I just like to know up front how much im paying if it says 39 bucks a night then it bloody well should be 39 bucks the resort fees do not bother me like it used too. I do not go anywhere but Vegas now anyway.I used to go to Phoenix a couple of times but got fed up of the extra fees for the hotel and car.Try renting a car in Phoenix they have like 10 extra fees the base price is like say 129 a week but after all the fees it could be 229 a week. I got caught with the bottle water thing about 15 years ago.ATM were a little harder to find in the late 90's after a couple of delays I finally got to San Diego had nothing to drink for hours got to the hotel and saw the water what a break got the hotel bill saw the 5 dollar charge,