TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Eighth-Grader Who Refused to Remove NRA Shirt Could Face Year in Prison

FU leftists!!!! FU!!!!

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...son-ian-tuttle

Perhaps a suddenly firearm-friendly President Obama can put in a good word for Jared Marcum. In April, Marcum, an eighth-grader at Logan Middle School in Logan, W. Va., was arrested when he refused to take off his NRA t-shirt. The New York Daily News reports:
    The clothing kerfuffle began when Marcum wore a shirt bearing the NRA’s logo and a hunting rifle. As he stood in line in the cafeteria, a teacher ordered him to either change shirts or turn it inside out.
    Marcum declined and was sent to the office, where an officer was dispatched after he again refused to comply with the school’s request.
    Cops arrested him and charged him with disrupting the educational process and obstructing an officer.
    Late last week Marcum “appeared before a judge and was officially charged with obstructing an officer,” reports Fox News. If convicted, he could face up to a $500 fine or a year in prison. He will be back in front of the judge on July 11 if his attorney cannot get the charge dismissed before then.
    One can understand this sort of silliness across the border in Maryland (as we have chronicled here and here) — but in West Virginia? This is, after all, the state whose senator’s campaign ad featured him shooting Obama’s cap-and-trade bill. Ah, those were the days.

TheRifleman

This is as STUPID as it gets, that police officer should be FIRED and the department SUED until they collapse. Then the city might actually realize what a crime is and get back to the reason we have police departments....not a Gestapo.

Leftist idiocy squared

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Joke.

TheRifleman

How about telling that cop's boss how you REALLY feel:
    Logan Police Department:
    Chief of Police - David White
    219 Dingess St
    Logan, West Virginia 25601
    (304)752-6535

TheRifleman

You people need to understand that both parties are full of politicians who are controlled by multinational corporations and major banks. Their master plan to dominate the world is in the works. No privacy. No voices of dissent. No ammunition to buy. Surveillance and wire taps galore. It's happening right before our/you're eyes!

TheRifleman

This story only illustrates who is under attack. The entire thing is a farce. "Cops arrested him and charged him with disrupting the educational process" really? There is a law on the books that says you can be jailed or fined for disrupting the educational process? What was the educational process disrupted? A teacher told him to remove or wear the shirt inside out. He said no, teacher sends him to the office? No disruption there. Then he gets charged with obstructing an officer? Why? Because saying no to a cop is obstruction now? We've collectively lost our minds as a citizenry when we allow this petty thuggery to go unpunished. Leftists are deliberately attacking those with conservative values through the process of law because they hold a differing ideological political position and now it is being considered unlawful to be so. This must be stopped or these leftists will continue to be emboldened by using this type of fear against us all.
    Kudos to this kid for not backing down. He needs support and I hope his folks and anyone reading this are supported to go after everyone involved.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

First off, I am pro-guns. I own several and so does my wife.

While I think this is stupid and he will not go to prison, I also think the kid was a douchebag for wearing the shirt in the first place and was only doing so to cause trouble and get attention. And this is after he was already told not to wear it again prior to this happening.

For God's sake, with all of the recent school shootings, why would you add fuel to the fire by wearing clothing that you know are not only controversial, but the school forbids? They do not want anything to do with guns whether they be toys about or displayed on clothing.

Being able to go to school is a privileged and kids should abide by the rules, not do what they can to try and cause problems. As a proud gun owner, this isn't the type of gun coverage that I appreciate being reported by the media. Kids should be going to school to learn, not practice politics.

I can see why this shirt is inappropriate.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

TheRifleman

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    First off, I am pro-guns. I own several and so does my wife.

While I think this is stupid and he will not go to prison, I also think the kid was a douchebag for wearing the shirt in the first place and was only doing so to cause trouble and get attention. And this is after he was already told not to wear it again prior to this happening.

For God's sake, with all of the recent school shootings, why would you add fuel to the fire by wearing clothing that you know are not only controversial, but the school forbids? They do not want anything to do with guns whether they be toys about or displayed on clothing.

Being able to go to school is a privileged and kids should abide by the rules, not do what they can to try and cause problems. As a proud gun owner, this isn't the type of gun coverage that I appreciate being reported by the media. Kids should be going to school to learn, not practice politics.

I can see why this shirt is inappropriate.

You seem to be missing the point entirely.

We live in America where FREEDOM of expression and speech is not supposed to be considered a crime as it is in many parts of the world, including the UK and Russia (and of course almost all middle eastern countries, excluding Israel).

Do you not see what they are doing? They are taking away your constitutional freedoms one by one!!

Wake-up, people before it's too late, and it already may be.

Kermit

C'mon man, when I was in school 20 years ago there were certain clothing that we were not allowed to wear to school, and we just didn't do it. We didn't rebel to try and piss the school off by wearing the clothes that were not allowed.

What this kid did was no different than those hippie Liberal tree huggers that try and sell lemonade on public property knowing that they are going to get arrested.

I agree with a lot of your views rifleman, but I am just not a fan of people who purposely do things to cause controversy. I remember when this story first hit and this kid wore that shirt once before and was told not to wear it again, and then he did in fact wear it again just to stir things up and that was when he was suspended.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Stupid kid, they asked him to take it off and he chose not too. If he wants to wear whatever he wants, drop out of school and he has the freedom to wear whatever he chooses. Going to school is not a right, its a privilege. His FREEDOM of expression means nothing when he is taking advantage of a government provided service. Same way welfare family should not be allowed to use welfare check to buy booze, smokes or other vices. He obviously has the freedom to wear his shirt at various other junctions of life. ANd just for the record I am pro gun.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3585

Lighten up Francis...
    If I could pick a movie character, that would be IDENTICAL to Rifleman in real life, this would be my choice...

TheRifleman

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Stupid kid, they asked him to take it off and he chose not too. If he wants to wear whatever he wants, drop out of school and he has the freedom to wear whatever he chooses. Going to school is not a right, its a privilege. His FREEDOM of expression means nothing when he is taking advantage of a government provided service. Same way welfare family should not be allowed to use welfare check to buy booze, smokes or other vices. He obviously has the freedom to wear his shirt at various other junctions of life. ANd just for the record I am pro gun.
    Take what off? A T-shirt? Why should he??

How STUPID are you people?

This is 100% political!!!

You are what they want.........SHEEPLE.

You'll get what you deserve in the end.

Kermit

Rifleman, with all of the recent school shootings it is tacky and in very poor taste to wear a pro-gun shirt to school. The kid knew this before he wore it to school and so did his father.

You are right, it is political, but politics shouldn't be practiced in school.

And tell the kid that Justin Beiber called and he wants his hair cut back.

This has nothing to do with sheeple, this is more along the lines of common sense and common decency. Wear your gun shirt all you want after the 3 O'clock bell rings.

TheRifleman

liberals thinking they can do whatever they like. Perhaps this school and this teacher need to read the Constitution and study Tinker vs. Des Moines. Students do have freedom of speech rights.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Dumb stupid kid I he deserves everything they throw at him. With all the school shootings kids dont be needin to wear clothes that support guns.