Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Maine is really big.

I drove to Houlton Maine, town center had like 4 people in it, friendly
    enough. You can drive for hours and maybe see like 1 other car the
    whole time. Maine is rly something else. There is some drug use in Bangor
    and Portland, I think people got addicted to meth and heroin.
    If you're the kind who wants to get away from society and live in old-type
    America there is a lot of places to do that there. I went muddin with this
    guy I met and his two sons (looking at land) seems like there's good people
    there, the cops didn't bust me up for sleeping in the van either. With bottle
    of Jack and booze etc but I would get a room next time it's better that way.
    Anyone got anything to add about Maine ?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Try driving through Wyoming. The amount of "aint shit" going on there is amazing.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

Did a week long canoe trip in the Allagash Waterway years ago. Beautiful country. When you get off the blacktop and onto the gravel roads, remember the Logging Companies own the road. They literally drive down the center of the narrow gravel roads. It's up to you to get safely over to the side. If not, they don't give a shiit if you end up in the woods.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

looked up Houlton, Maine on google maps. Man that place has hella churches.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    Did a week long canoe trip in the Allagash Waterway years ago. Beautiful country. When you get off the blacktop and onto the gravel roads, remember the Logging Companies own the road. They literally drive down the center of the narrow gravel roads. It's up to you to get safely over to the side. If not, they don't give a shiit if you end up in the woods.
    no doubt, i saw that.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Try driving through Wyoming. The amount of "aint shit" going on there is amazing.
    yeah and you can get land for as low as $199/acre .. it's checkerboarded with BLM land.. but you have to live like its the 18th century. cheaplandinamerica.com
    has some deals there outside of Rawlins.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I wouldn't mind living like that for a little to change it up but I would need my high speed internet and directv

And what do you mean by a bunch of drug use there? Did you see it first hand?

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

I had a brick of blonde hash on that trip. Was partying with some of the lumber workers and broke a chunk off to give them as a gift. You'd think I gave them a million dollars.

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

Fished off the dock in Portland, and the Saco River once...didn't catch much but I did see George W and his entourage drive by in boats....

Lived in York beach for a few months.

It is nice country up there.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    Fished off the dock in Portland, and the Saco River once...didn't catch much but I did see George W and his entourage drive by in boats....

Lived in York beach for a few months.

It is nice country up there.

ever hang at the goldenrod? good kisses. purple palace? yorks wild kingdom. parras pizza shut down. then the palm reader. sweet place

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I wouldn't mind living like that for a little to change it up but I would need my high speed internet and directv

And what do you mean by a bunch of drug use there? Did you see it first hand?
    you can get it. why ? i saw it in Portland, and read it was causes of crime in Bangor.
    Then I hung out with a guy in another town I don't want to mention further up north
    who does meth.. and I could call and get anytime, but do you rly like meth ?
    Most people by far in Maine do not do drugs. But go to Portland on a weekend night
    and hang around the hotels, you'll find it.
    Last edited by Snowball; 06-20-13 at 08:31 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    you can get it. why ? i saw it in Portland, and read it was causes of crime in Bangor.
    Then I hung out with a guy in another town I don't want to mention further up north
    who does meth.. and I could call and get anytime, but do you rly like meth ?
    Most people by far in Maine do not do drugs. But go to Portland on a weekend night
    and hang around the hotels, you'll find it.
    I was just curious if you meant people are all high and shit out in the open......Nah, I don't fukk with meth or heroin and never would.....Never even seen it and don't associate with anyone who does

I just like to drink 99% of the time if I wanna party.....Like smoking weed but haven't in a while.......Will do a painkiller here and there and coke once in a blue moon.....that's about it