chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Very much so, and I advocate this as one of the best forms of long-term exercise. Walking, cycling, or swimming. Low impact exercises that are awesome for our bodies, and they burn calories like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Back to diet, eat everything or almost everything except bad fats.

If you are dieting to lose weight eat everything and walk. And I mean walk, walk at a very brisk pace and walk long distances. Do you have the time? When I was younger and my weight got out of control I started walking long distances three or four times a week. A very brisk long walk and the weight will melt off you no matter what you eat. I am not talking about a half an hour. You need to walk for an hour or an hour and a half and if you are walking and able to hold a conversation you are walking too slow.

If you follow this plan you will lose so much weight you will begin to worry. Almost every day after a few weeks you will notice a half pound gone. You will set your metabolism on fire and you will feel great. Difficult to find the time I know but if you can do it you get the benefit of almost unlimited calories, weight loss and feeling well. Now naturally you can't eat a quart of ice cream but you do not need to go on any strict diet. Believe me this will work. I guarantee it.

chilidog

There is no debate. As I already said, it has long been established what is the proper human diet.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You can not even follow a debate correctly pal...........

This post(your post) makes know sense whatsoever to the post in which you replied(my post)

Jee Zus!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Very much so, and I advocate this as one of the best forms of long-term exercise. Walking, cycling, or swimming. Low impact exercises that are awesome for our bodies, and they burn calories like crazy.
    You forgot to ask Dante for his certification ID......

Or does ID check only matter if someone disagrees with you?

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>........................................ ..........

PAULYPOKER

There is no debate. As I already said, it has long been established what is the proper human diet.
    You don't even know what ozone generation is.........

chilidog

It's not a matter if somebody disagrees with me; but whether or not they disagree with something that has long been proven and accepted in the scientific community.

Let me guess: you are part of a small group of enlightened people that "get it", while everybody else is a bunch of dumbphukks that aren't enlightened yet, and it is your job to educate them?

You forgot to ask Dante for his certification ID......

Or does ID check only matter if someone disagrees with you?

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>........................................ ..........

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Still not sure why I got called out by Chili....Didn't even say anything crazy at all

PAULYPOKER

Diet does not control metabolism(to a controlling thermostat degree)or genetics............
    Nor,Gland disorders,certain types of diabetes muscle disorders......

You can not eat your way into intelligence............

You either are born with a great metabolism/IQ or not.............

simple as that..........

case closed....................

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    How GAY the Male speices is becoming.!!!.....I'm a man's man, so, I eat ANYTHING i want, and as much as I want of it.

I'm a fit 235lbs, on a 6'5 frame.

I hit the gym EVERYDAY doing 45 mins of cardio and then workout for at least 30 mins.

You people are pathetic.

Let's analyze this for a second or two. This kid so often exposes himself when he posts, doesn't he? I have said a ton of times I rarely read his bs but when I do it is so easy to destroy it.

He trains and eats everything, if you seriously train you know that diet is important. If you don't know that you are an idiot. So this statement contradicts his point. Next, if you train it is very unlikely that you are an asshole and a bully. You don't need to be an asshole and a bully, you don't need to brag because your training accomplishments speak for you quite sufficiently. I spend many years in my buddies gym and very seldom do you find a true athlete and man in training that is a boastful bully. This clown is an asshole and a bully, as I said the chance that he is in training and physically fit very very remote.

So easy to always analyze this kid and his posts, what a fool!

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Still not sure why I got called out by Chili....Didn't even say anything crazy at all
    It was a mistake on my part; I was click-happy with all of Pauly's posts in succession.

Diet does not control metabolism(to a controlling thermostat degree)or genetics............
    Nor,Gland disorders,certain types of diabetes muscle disorders......

You can not eat your way into intelligence............

You either are born with a great metabolism/IQ or not.............

simple as that..........

case closed....................
    Diet does not 100% control your metabolism, that part is correct. Genetics do come into play in regards to your default metabolism. However, you can wreck your metabolism with a long-term diet that is deficient in your macro- and micro-nutrients.

Your diet most definitely does affect your intelligence, though. Many mental disorders are thought to have originated because of dietary deficiencies. Many people on the typical Western diet are horribly deficient in Vitamins D, B12, and DHA/EPA, as well as they have a massively unbalanced omega3:6 fatty acid ratio. Read up on the benefits of DHA/EPA to your mental health.

PAULYPOKER

chilidog

You're way out of your league on this one. Stick to your conspiracy theories.

PAULYPOKER

PAULYPOKER

Drave
    Drave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

One word: Leangains

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

It was a mistake on my part; I was click-happy with all of Pauly's posts in succession.

Diet does not 100% control your metabolism, that part is correct. Genetics do come into play in regards to your default metabolism. However, you can wreck your metabolism with a long-term diet that is deficient in your macro- and micro-nutrients.

Your diet most definitely does affect your intelligence, though. Many mental disorders are thought to have originated because of dietary deficiencies. Many people on the typical Western diet are horribly deficient in Vitamins D, B12, and DHA/EPA, as well as they have a massively unbalanced omega3:6 fatty acid ratio. Read up on the benefits of DHA/EPA to your mental health.

Absolutely how about how very important folic acid is during pregnancy. Also, Oxford university just published a study that they believe will show that a few Vitamin B supplements in large dosage may very well have a positive effect on Alzheimer disease.

We are in the very elementary stages of medicine and nutrition, yes we know a ton but much more to be learned. Guys, modern medicine is an infant in this world, much to be learned. BTW if you live in the northern hemisphere the chance that you are vitamin D deficient is great.

Diet is crucial you may say hey I know this guy that smoked and this and that and lived to this long yeah that is all very unverifiable and not scientific at all. My uncle was fond of saying...I know more old drunks than old doctors and everybody would laugh but it is nonsense and comments like this are utter stupidity. Science has a pretty good idea of what a human being should do to live a healthy life which includes eliminate bad habits, eat and sleep properly, exercise and hope your genetic factors are good. However, keep in mind that the science changes, things change. Not too long ago many people were pushing mega doses of certain vitamins. I remember one in particular was beta carotene. My bro took so much he started turning orange. Well not too long ago they proved that excessive beta carotene could be responsible for more cases of cancer than a normal dose. Things change, science improves and things change.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    One word: Leangains
    Leangains only works because it helps you manage your cravings by letting you stuff yourself full of food for an 8 hour feeding window, thus you feel like you're not dieting. Other than that, there's nothing special about it. Another way to describe Leangains is "skip breakfast".

chilidog

Excellent post! One of the first things I do when I get a new client is I analyze their existing diet, to see just how much they're deficient (it's rare that I meet somebody that gets in all of their micro-nutrients, without supplementation). I firmly believe that most of our modern diseases are caused by these deficiencies, when they can so easily be fixed. If I could get everybody to just drink 1 glass of freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juice per day, we'd be in a huge step towards the right direction.

I don't necessarily believe in good or bad foods; some foods have more nutrients in them than others. As long as you're getting in a minimum of 100% of the RDA (something that is difficult to do on a fast food diet), you should feel like you did as a kid - full of energy, no stress/anxiety, easily go to sleep and wake up ~8 hours later, etc (of course, this is barring in any existing medical problems you are currently suffering from).

Just 2 days ago, a good friend of mine informed me that his doctor has reduced his blood pressure medication by half, as well as his anti-anxiety meds, and he's no longer pounding down a pot of coffee and popping sleeping pills at night. All of this happened because he finally listened to me and got tired of being sick and tired. It's all about our diets.

Absolutely how about how very important folic acid is during pregnancy. Also, Oxford university just published a study that they believe will show that a few Vitamin B supplements in large dosage may very well have a positive effect on Alzheimer disease.

We are in the very elementary stages of medicine and nutrition, yes we know a ton but much more to be learned. Guys, modern medicine is an infant in this world, much to be learned. BTW if you live in the northern hemisphere the chance that you are vitamin D deficient is great.

Diet is crucial you may say hey I know this guy that smoked and this and that and lived to this long yeah that is all very unverifiable and not scientific at all. My uncle was fond of saying...I know more old drunks than old doctors and everybody would laugh but it is nonsense and comments like this are utter stupidity. Science has a pretty good idea of what a human being should do to live a healthy life which includes eliminate bad habits, eat and sleep properly, exercise and hope your genetic factors are good. However, keep in mind that the science changes, things change. Not too long ago many people were pushing mega doses of certain vitamins. I remember one in particular was beta carotene. My bro took so much he started turning orange. Well not too long ago they proved that excessive beta carotene could be responsible for more cases of cancer than a normal dose. Things change, science improves and things change.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

No tricks and no magic in diet and losing weight. It is still calories in and calories used, the multi billion dollar industry that pushes everything but is complete bs. Oh some of these diets have merit but most of them also have flaws. You will lose weight on the Atkins diet no doubt about it that diet works. But, can you stay on that diet for the rest of your life. The thing about the Atkins diet is when you return to carbs if you are not careful you will regain your weight.

A teacher friend of mine was a slob he decided to go full vegan. He lost one ton of weight and he is thin and he has been on this very strict diet for decades. It takes quite a commitment and I could not do it. He eats nothing at all except fruits and vegetables. No meat, no processed sugar, no eggs no fish no almost everthing. Naturally he needs supplements and when he gets his blood tests his numbers are crazy. His cholesterol is incredibly low, so low it scares me but he is happy and thin.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Excellent post! One of the first things I do when I get a new client is I analyze their existing diet, to see just how much they're deficient (it's rare that I meet somebody that gets in all of their micro-nutrients, without supplementation). I firmly believe that most of our modern diseases are caused by these deficiencies, when they can so easily be fixed. If I could get everybody to just drink 1 glass of freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juice per day, we'd be in a huge step towards the right direction.

I don't necessarily believe in good or bad foods; some foods have more nutrients in them than others. As long as you're getting in a minimum of 100% of the RDA (something that is difficult to do on a fast food diet), you should feel like you did as a kid - full of energy, no stress/anxiety, easily go to sleep and wake up ~8 hours later, etc (of course, this is barring in any existing medical problems you are currently suffering from).

Just 2 days ago, a good friend of mine informed me that his doctor has reduced his blood pressure medication by half, as well as his anti-anxiety meds, and he's no longer pounding down a pot of coffee and popping sleeping pills at night. All of this happened because he finally listened to me and got tired of being sick and tired. It's all about our diets.

You must be a nutritionist or a trainer, good for you.

Also excellent points, it is obvious you are trained in this field. I have done some studying as an amateur and some reading. I agree that we probably don't have many "bad" foods most everything in moderation is probably okay. But, I do think that we have some bad fats. Hydrogenated oils are agreed on as being unhealthy and very detrimental when it comes to your cholesterol. Much worse to eat a pat of margarine than a pat of butter, at least I think that is the case.

chilidog

You must be a nutritionist or a trainer, good for you.

Also excellent points, it is obvious you are trained in this field. I have done some studying as an amateur and some reading. I agree that we probably don't have many "bad" foods most everything in moderation is probably okay. But, I do think that we have some bad fats. Hydrogenated oils are agreed on as being unhealthy and very detrimental when it comes to your cholesterol. Much worse to eat a pat of margarine than a pat of butter, at least I think that is the case.
    Thanks, I enjoy doing it.

As a good friend of mine says .... Moderation in moderation.

Unhealthy fats (fully- and partially-hydrogenated oils, as well as most vegetable oils) are just horrible for our health. Coconut oil, olive oil, butter, palm oil, and of course, animal fats are much healthier choices.

Diet really is easy....just eat like our great-grandparents did (or your grandparents, depending on your age). I don't know about everybody else, but my grandparents were incredibly thin and healthy. I guess that sometimes people just need to be reminded of that. There are no tricks, there are no special diets. There's no need to restrict fat, carbohydrates, nor any other food group.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks, I enjoy doing it.

As a good friend of mine says .... Moderation in moderation.

Unhealthy fats (fully- and partially-hydrogenated oils, as well as most vegetable oils) are just horrible for our health. Coconut oil, olive oil, butter, palm oil, and of course, animal fats are much healthier choices.

Diet really is easy....just eat like our great-grandparents did (or your grandparents, depending on your age). I don't know about everybody else, but my grandparents were incredibly thin and healthy. I guess that sometimes people just need to be reminded of that. There are no tricks, there are no special diets. There's no need to restrict fat, carbohydrates, nor any other food group.

You know when I was in elementary school the fat kid was very rare, today I guess more than half of them are overweight. It is such a shame. All three of my boys played sports and ran around outside, they also got a fairly decent diet. None fat and all thank god are healthy. Of course we had no computers, cell phones or some of these other electronics. Kids had fun playing sports, when I was a kid all we did was play sports even in the freezing cold we were shooting baskets. Nobody, or almost nobody was fat. In fact a ton of kids were very skinny when I was in elementary school.

You know it is hard to understand because I think today the parents are sharper and have more info available to them. I think most parents should know and maybe do know what they should do. Maybe it is just laziness or they just don't care. I am sure there is more attention paid to diet and life style in school then when I was in elementary school. I don't remember too much of that but of course I may be mistaken. Ms Obama is doing her best, the info is available for everyone. Something isn't working.

PAULYPOKER

One of the first things I do when I get a new client is I analyze their existing diet,
    Whoa Nelly whoa!!,

let me get this straight.....

You are an American practicing nutrition doctrine in Costa Rica when the United States of Sheepvile is 70% obese by populace Design?...

Meaning the USA is a goldmine for your wizardry while Costa Rica could be compared to China?

GTFOOH!!

Last edited by PAULYPOKER; 06-13-13 at 06:03 PM.

PAULYPOKER

Whoa Nelly whoa!!,

You are an American practicing nutrition doctrine in Costa Rica when the United States of Sheepvile is 70% obese by populace?...

Meaning the USA is a goldmine for your wizardry while Costa Rica could be compared to China?

GTFOOH!!

Or does your clientele list consist of American fat ass OBESE book owners and gamblers who left the US?

chilidog

Or does your clientele list consist of American fat ass OBESE book owners and gamblers who left the US?
    The world is fat, not just the US.

PAULYPOKER

The world is fat, not just the US.
    Yes, Monsanto GMO's are rapidly expanding WORLD wide..........

This is not news,Grasshopper.........

chilidog

Whoa Nelly whoa!!,

You are an American practicing nutrition doctrine in Costa Rica when the United States of Sheepvile is 70% obese by populace Design?...

GTFOOH!!
    Believe it or not, there is more to life than money. I certainly did not choose my profession for the monetary gain.

chilidog

Yes, Monsanto GMO's are rapidly expanding WORLD wide..........

This is not news,Grasshopper.........
    This will really rile your feathers, but Monsanto GMO's have not actually been proven unhealthy for us. The main study that people are clinging to is not peer-reviewed (as the author refuses to show it to others). When science says so, I will fully embrace it as such. Until then, I can't be jumping on every bandwagon that comes my way.

PAULYPOKER

This will really rile your feathers, but Monsanto GMO's have not actually been proven unhealthy for us. The main study that people are clinging to is not peer-reviewed (as the author refuses to show it to others). When science says so, I will fully embrace it as such. Until then, I can't be jumping on every bandwagon that comes my way.
    Everything I've posted so far has been proven true or will become true in the NEAR FUTURE but people like you who all share the same severely debilitating trait known as Cognitive Dissonance,Avoidance, Denial, & Rationalization will carry on as the puppets you were trained to be.........

PAULYPOKER

Here ya go Chilli,

This is a link to the greatest knowledge known to man...........

Free yourselves from the slavery you are un

WARNING: use it wisely or you will destroy your very own PSYCHE..........

chilidog

Ahh yes, everybody else is wrong, and you are right.

Science is not against you. It never has been, and it never will be. Do you have any experience at all with research? With educational research, there are no hidden angles/agendas. With peer-reviewed research, people want the recognition. The data is honest, and it can be trusted. You can relax; the world is not out to get you.

Everything I've posted so far has been proven true or will become true in the NEAR FUTURE but people like you who all share the same severely debilitating trait known as Cognitive Dissonance,Avoidance, Denial, & Rationalization will carry on as the puppets you were trained to be.........

PAULYPOKER

Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Blah bLah.Cognitive Dissonance,Avoidance, Denial, & Rationalization

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Science is not against you. It never has been, and it never will be. Do you have any experience at all with research? With educational research, there are no hidden angles/agendas. With peer-reviewed research, people want the recognition. The data is honest, and it can be trusted. You can relax; the world is not out to get you.

No hidden agenda in science, ah yes. I wonder why this isn't understood by the right. Try telling Dwightie and Rifle this, they believe that science has an agenda. Yep science wants to fck around with people for whatever crazy reasons they believe. Of course this only applies to American conservatives, isn't that strange? We are just about the only country in the universe that denies science. What a fcking shame.

Don't you just hate to call other people stupid or moron? What else can you say to an individual that believes that tens of thousands of scientists are in on some type of conspiracy to do what, I don't even know. Can people actually be this stupid? Yes, you know Pauly about 1% of the time you might be correct, big oil is definitely pumping money into the climate deniers bank accounts. But, that isn't really a conspiracy, everybody on the planet knows that is what they are doing. The mystery is how could so many people buy into it.
    Last edited by dante1; 06-13-13 at 06:57 PM.

chilidog

I agree with what I deduce is your primary message in the opening post of the thread you posted. Some of what you post has some truth to it; I can not in good conscience say that 100% is truthful, as I have not done any research on many things you post.

On this particular topic of diet and nutrition, I simply have to disagree with many things you have said. I'm not some uneducated trailer trash Joe Blow that gets his knowledge from watching Dr. Oz or reading the covers of Women's Day magazine while at the checkout counter at the supermarket.

I'm not part of the herd. I thoroughly do my research on many, many things. I only wish I was back in university so that I had access to pubmed any other databases of published studies. I come to my conclusions based on the countless hours of research that has gone into the very same topics that we're discussing.

This is what I do for a living. I've helped plenty of people feel good again, by teaching them the proper way to eat. I'm not out to hurt anybody; it's the exact opposite actually. Trust me, the moment that it's been proven that Monsanto GMO's are harmful to us, they will be banned from my household. Until then, I have to go with science. And science is on our side.

Here ya go Chilli,

This is a link to the greatest knowledge known to man...........

Free yourselves from the slavery you are un

WARNING: use it wisely or you will destroy your very own PSYCHE..........

PAULYPOKER

No hidden agenda in science, ah yes. I wonder why this isn't understood by the right. Try telling Dwightie and Rifle this, they believe that science has an agenda. Yep science wants to fck around with people for whatever crazy reasons they believe. Of course this only applies to American conservatives, isn't that strange. We are just about the only country in the universe that denies science. What a fcking shame.
    When Pseudo "political science" over rules natural science which it clearly does we have a problem Houston and it is a meteor heading for Earth type of a problem............

PAULYPOKER

MORE TIME IN SCHOOLS, BUT THEY WOULDN'T LEARN ANYTHING

As regards education, he indicated that kids would spend more time in schools, but in many schools they wouldn't learn anything. They'll learn some things, but not as much as formerly. Better schools in better areas with better people, their kids will learn more. In the better schools Learning would be accelerated. This is another time where he said, "We think we can push evolution." By pushing kids to learn more he seemed to be suggesting that their brains would evolve, that their offspring would evolve; sort of pushing evolution where kids would learn and be more intelligent at a younger age.

As if this pushing would alter their physiology. Overall, schooling would be prolonged. This meant prolonged through the school year. I'm not sure what he said about a long school day, I do remember he said that school was planned to go all summer, that the summer school vacation would become a thing of the past. Not only for schools, but for other reasons. People would begin to think of vacation times year round, not just in the summer.

For most people it would take longer to complete their education. To get what originally had been in a bachelor's program would now require advanced degrees and more schooling. So that a lot of school time would be just wasted time. Good schools would become more competitive. I inferred when he said that, that he was including all schools - elementary up through college - but I don't recall if he actually said that.

Students would have to decide at a younger age what they would want to study and get onto their track early. It would be harder to change to another field of study once you get started. Studies would be concentrated in much greater depth, but narrowed. You wouldn't have access to material in other fields, outside your own area of study, without approval.

This seem to be more where he talked about limited access to other fields. I seem to recall this as being more at the college level perhaps. People would be very specialized in their own area of expertise. But they won't be able to get a broad education and won't be able to understand what is going on overall.

________________________________________ ____________________________________

Highways and Higher Education: What the Government Does Well ...

Independent Voter Network-Apr 26, 2013
    The rapid disinvestment in American higher education has already had dramatic effects. Americans have fallenfrom first place to fifteenth place ...

Inequality and Growth at Home and Abroad

Center For American Progress-May 1, 2013
    But first, I want us to consider the Millennium Development Goals because ... Under-five mortality has fallen worldwide, but 82 percent of deaths among ... without active investments ineducation, health care, and infrastructure.

The most misleading statistics of all, thanks to Simpson's Paradox

New Statesman-7 hours ago
    Floyd Norris had earlier been discussing the disparity in American wages, ... But the median wage hasactually fallen for high-school dropouts (by 7.9 ... people with some college education(by 7.6 per cent) and people with at ...

Longer School Year: Will It Help Or Hurt U.S. Students?

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../longer-school-year-will-i_n_2468329.html‎

Jan 13, 2013 – They might get their wish of more holiday time off under proposals catching on... At the heart of the debate is nothing less than the ability of America's ... than the U.S. – don't actually spend more time in school than American kids, ... "It makes sense that more time is going to equate to morelearning, but then ...

Schools in 5 states to add at least 300 hours of classroom time in ...

www.cbsnews.com/.../schools-in-5-states-to-add-at-least-300-hours-of-cl...‎

Dec 3, 2012 – Spending more time in the classroom, education officials said, will give ... the notion thatAmerican schools have fallen behind in classroom time, ... said more schools should follow suit butstressed that expanded learning time ...

More Time at School - Student News - CNN.com

cnnstudentnews.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/05/more-time-at-school-2/‎

Dec 5, 2012 – Next year, about 20000 U.S. students will be spending more time at school. ... I guess that I could spend time at school learning and getting job experience, but that ... We can make Americaa better country, take a huge step towards ... best way to spend that time would be by having more recreation

Students to Spend More Time in School: Is this a Sentence ...

nepc.colorado.edu/blog/students-spend-more-time-school-sentence‎

Dec 6, 2012 – Spending more time in school doing the same kinds of things won't lead to increased achievement. ... Central to the reasoning for new standards is that American science... of math and science learning, as do our hopes for preserving a vibrant ... But, the remedies that corporate reformers have pushed on ...

1. American kids spend more time than ever on homework. Will their ...

www.powayusd.com/...learning/.../Grade%205%20Homework.pdf‎

American kids spend more time than ever on homework. Will their hard work pay...Business people say that today's high school graduates are less well prepared in reading ...So kids need to do better in school but how will they do better? In sports, it takes ... might even raise children's level of learning. In 1995, Dr. Richard ...

________________________________________ ______________________

You now need An associates degree in order to land a job that called for only a high school diploma, just yesterday!!!!!!!!

First 1234 Last