PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

NJ Bill: Police Can Take Your Cellphone At The Scene Of A Crash No Warrant Needed

TRENTON — License, registration and cell phone, please.

Police officers across New Jersey could be saying that to motorists at the scenes of car crashes if new legislation introduced in the state Senate becomes law.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf..._and_cell.html

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I can't say that I disagree with this. I see people everyday fukking around on their phones while they are driving. If anything with this Bill in place it will at least deter people from doing something that they shouldn't be.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I can't say that I disagree with this. I see people everyday fukking around on their phones while they are driving. If anything with this Bill in place it will at least deter people from doing something that they shouldn't be.
    Disagree completely.

What gives them the right to take my property without cause?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Disagree completely.

To check and see if you were texting or screwing around with your phone that may have resulted in a crash. I know that if I was involved in a wreck and I suspected that the other person wasn't paying attention, I certainly would appreciate it if the police checked out their phone for texts at the time of the crash to clear my name.

Texting/driving has become a serious issue.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Let's Go Rangers, Smoke, MrZ, and Seaweed

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Disagree completely.

you must have awful reading comprehension it says with probable cause

Kermit

I would be more than happy to hand my phone over to prove my innocence. But then again, I rarely ever send text messages.

I was beside a guy yesterday who was playing that angry birds game(or something similar) on his phone at the redlight. The light turned green and he stayed there until someone blew their horn.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I dont agree with it however I understand completely why and they should long as the dont look at the pics of my cokk that I had taken with phone

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

LOL...what a joke.....Who cares if they were TXTING....do they take the fat bitches rat terrior and investigate when it runs under the break pedal??

People wreck eating, txting, and simply for being dumb....lets add a violation for LOW IQ....cause that causes more wrecks than anything....oh you wrecked...let me dive into your personal life...Charge them for their actions and dont ask any more questions....who really cares WHY they wreck...i dont care if it was a cellphone, drunk, not paying attention...they all have the same result....should a drunk be punished more than a lady with 7 dog in the car if they wreck and kill a family?? they both made their decisions and ended a life.....state of mind shouldnt matter...LOL...outcome=same

-----the dog....not a distraction

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Why can't you just delete the texts and/or phone calls from the log if you are guilty and crash?

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Not sure that would be your first thought, but you certainly could.

I've had phone to ear in past while driving ( hands free state ) and saw cop come out from middle of road.

I quickly said goodbye and deleted my last call

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

These days it seems like people are also driving while texting, not also texting while driving.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Makes sense............

If they take your cellphone / recording device away,you cant record evidence against them, when they gang your ass and beat you unconscious..............

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    LOL...what a joke.....Who cares if they were TXTING....do they take the fat bitches rat terrior and investigate when it runs under the break pedal??

People wreck eating, txting, and simply for being dumb....lets add a violation for LOW IQ....cause that causes more wrecks than anything....oh you wrecked...let me dive into your personal life...Charge them for their actions and dont ask any more questions....who really cares WHY they wreck...i dont care if it was a cellphone, drunk, not paying attention...they all have the same result....should a drunk be punished more than a lady with 7 dog in the car if they wreck and kill a family?? they both made their decisions and ended a life.....state of mind shouldnt matter...LOL...outcome=same

-----the dog....not a distraction
    You can get pulled over and fined for that too. I don't know how the laws are where you live, but here if you have a dog in the car, it has to be restrained to a seat somehow.

Now I have seen people driving around with dogs on their lap and stuff which is just about as bad as texting and driving.

Texting and driving has replaced drinking and driving amongst teen related car deaths and injuries.