TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by matthew919 View Post
    If sexual preference were due to a chemical imbalance, rather than genetic/epigenetic factors that occur during developmental biology (as is widely accepted in scientific circles), then the opposite would presumably hold as well- meaning, there is some chemical prescription that could be given to you or I to make us sexually attracted to other men. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that's pretty unlikely.

Your genetics also determines whether you like the taste of cilantro, or whether it tastes like rancid soap to you. Would you label cilantro aversion as a "disease" and propose spending tax dollars to research gene therapy cures? Or would you rather just let them eat what they want, since it doesn't affect your life?
    I agree that homosexuality results from occurrences during fetus development. However, nobody ever spread AIDS by eating or not eating cilantro, and a more accurate analogy would be wanting to shove cilantro up your urethra instead of eating it.

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Yeah....and let me guess "Hell" is down, and "Heaven" is up?
    I don't know whether hell is up or down, just that hell is where Evil or the devil resides, and Heaven is where good or GOD resides.

This is not a fairy tale, but fact.

And the weather is much better in heaven then hell, too.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    I don't know whether hell is up or down, just that hell is where Evil or the devil resides, and Heaven is where good or GOD resides.

The "Devil"?

TheRifleman

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    The "Devil"?
    you find THE DEVIL, humorous? Strange.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Seriously? I grew up in a Catholic family, Catholic schools all my life and even I can't say any of that is fact.

Fact is humans existed before the Bible says they did. Fact is the Bible was written by people long after Jesus roamed the Earth. For all we know they were as hopped up as those who believed in David Koresh in Waco. Have faith, believe in a higher being, but don't claim something to be fact when it isn't. The sun rises and sets each day is fact. What you're saying is no more real than Disney cartoons despite many people trying to find proof of Heaven, Hell, Moses parting the Red Sea, etc. When/if any of that is proven maybe you can start trying to imply things are facts. But for now you seem like a very intelligent guy despite the occasional rants so please don't throw around words like FACT when in FACT everything that has been proven completely rips apart the Bible. What you're doing is having FAITH... completely different and actually the anti-thesis of FACT. xo

TheRifleman

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Seriously? I grew up in a Catholic family, Catholic schools all my life and even I can't say any of that is fact.

Fact is humans existed before the Bible says they did. Fact is the Bible was written by people long after Jesus roamed the Earth. For all we know they were as hopped up as those who believed in David Koresh in Waco. Have faith, believe in a higher being, but don't claim something to be fact when it isn't. The sun rises and sets each day is fact. What you're saying is no more real than Disney cartoons despite many people trying to find proof of Heaven, Hell, Moses parting the Red Sea, etc. When/if any of that is proven maybe you can start trying to imply things are facts. But for now you seem like a very intelligent guy despite the occasional rants so please don't throw around words like FACT when in FACT everything that has been proven completely rips apart the Bible. What you're doing is having FAITH... completely different and actually the anti-thesis of FACT. xo
    As usual, you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

The Bible is 100% FACT!

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

The Bible is 100% FACT!
    I take back the intelligent part. Seriously if you believe it's 100% FACT when even Bishops and Cardinals have come out to acknowledge that many stories in the Bible are just parables and should not be taken literally then I'm not sure how else to help you. But yeah, Eve was rooting her sons to further populate the Earth since they were the only people on it even though we have PROOF that this is wrong. Homosexuality is evil in your book but a mother slamming her son isn't. Gotcha. You realise they have fossils showing Homo Erectus was cruising around 2 million years ago? Proof. Fossils. Not stories that even heads of churches have said should not be taken literally and only as parables. GL with it all though!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

TheRifleman

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I take back the intelligent part. Seriously if you believe it's 100% FACT when even Bishops and Cardinals have come out to acknowledge that many stories in the Bible are just parables and should not be taken literally then I'm not sure how else to help you. But yeah, Eve was rooting her sons to further populate the Earth since they were the only people on it even though we have PROOF that this is wrong. Homosexuality is evil in your book but a mother slamming her son isn't. Gotcha. You realise they have fossils showing Homo Erectus was cruising around 2 million years ago? Proof. Fossils. Not stories that even heads of churches have said should not be taken literally and only as parables. GL with it all though!
    you're 100% wrong about everything you have said.

Please provide me with an intelligent response to my statement of fact.

thanks.

SamDiamond

The Bible is 100% FACT!
    Rifleman-- the "Bible" says I must stone my neighbor to death if I see him working on Sundays.

Are you planning on killing every NFL player this season?

SamDiamond

you're 100% wrong about everything you have said.

Please provide me with an intelligent response to my statement of fact.

thanks.
    I have a question about this "Bible" of yours.

Adam and Eve had 2 kids.

Both boys. Cain and Abel.

In order for the human race to continue---- one of them had to bang Eve and keep the ball rolling. What kind of God of yours creates man and women-- AND allows for incest?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

how can a man find another man sexually desirable?

I just don't understand.
    Could be that you are ignorant.
    Just saying

First 12